Bangkok Floods Bring Rush Of Renters Escaping To Pattaya

Rimmer

Bangkok floods bring rush of renters escaping to Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- After a short period during which things quietened down somewhat, for the last two to three weeks the local real estate market has been exceptionally busy. In part this has been a result of the Bangkok flooding as tens of thousands of people have fled the capital and headed down to Pattaya. While a lot of these individuals have family and friends to stay with, many of those who are not so fortunate have been renting houses and condos typically for a month or two, which has meant that most real estate companies have been busy finding accommodation for them.

There has also been a significant amount of more normal activity with more traditional buyers and renters. Bearing in mind the travel advisories in many countries advising against travel to Thailand because of the flooding, this is perhaps relatively surprising. However, it is the latest indication to suggest that better times perhaps lie ahead for the Pattaya real estate market, although of course only time will tell if that is indeed the case or whether what we are seeing now is just a blip.

The huge number of people descending on Pattaya from Bangkok has meant that the city has been exceptionally busy, with extremely high levels of traffic. For those like me who prefer to avoid traffic jams, the answer has been to avoid the centre of Pattaya as much as possible.

Full story HERE

--IN PATTAYA NOW 2011-11-10

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I wonder if the editor of 'Pattaya Now' is a property magnate, real estate agent, or just trying to sell his own house.....

Typical claptrap trying to big up the market, with not one iota of reality.

This bit made me laugh: "a place that has grown to a very significant extent in the last few years so that it now offers very impressive infrastructure" :lol: