Importing A Motorcyle

duppyrider

calculate with another 200% of the new price of your bike to have it legally in Thailand, including registration, green book and emission test. If you are not a Diplomate forget about it, as hard it might sound, it is just better and a lot cheaper.

WOW!!!!!!

calculate with another 200% of the new price of your bike to have it legally in Thailand, including registration, green book and emission test. If you are not a Diplomate forget about it, as hard it might sound, it is just better and a lot cheaper.

Man,I hate to think that I have to sell it.It was just customized!!!!!!So no other solutions?

the solutions only include to sell the bike and buy another one over here. I also had to sell my two motorbikes as bringing them over was not an option. Someone could probably post a link to the Land Transportation page where is stated how much tax you would have to pay.

Of course some people bring in the bike as parts and declare it so, but still taxes, registration and so on will set you back more then 100% of the new price in the best case

Man,I hate to think that I have to sell it.It was just customized!!!!!!So no other solutions?

the solutions only include to sell the bike and buy another one over here. I also had to sell my two motorbikes as bringing them over was not an option. Someone could probably post a link to the Land Transportation page where is stated how much tax you would have to pay.

Of course some people bring in the bike as parts and declare it so, but still taxes, registration and so on will set you back more then 100% of the new price in the best case

Bout 100,000b is what a mate who brings in bikes as parts tells me it costs to sort the taxes/book/plate.

Even if you did pay all the transportation, tax, emission, registration costs etc etc, depending on which country your bike was purchased and what emission regulations it was designed to meet it still might fail the emissions test here in Thailand, which would mean you'd be unable to insure and register it (green book) which in turn makes it illegal to ride on public roads. :(

I went through that scenario with the guy that has 'Ride Thailand' in Phuket. He told me the same. The only way to make it somewhat reasonable, you would have to break it down and put it back together yourself but he said Customs is on to that trick and you get charged the same anyhow. Plus you get to pay taxes on the shipping charges to Thailand.