Getting A Share Dealing / Trading Account

ETF/ETC/ETN trading is not common in Thailand, and leveraged even less so. Suggest you use an account where you come from, or Singapore. I use Hargreaves Lansdown in UK, and another provider in Singapore.

If you want to trade Thai stocks, mutual funds based in Thailand, Thai futures/options then it makes sense to open an account in Thailand. But for leveraged products related to overseas products it's much easier to do outside Thailand.

There are mutual funds, eg TMB gold, MFC gold that will provide unleveraged (1x) exposure to gold here, with entry fees of around 1%.

ETF/ETC/ETN trading is not common in Thailand, and leveraged even less so. Suggest you use an account where you come from, or Singapore. I use Hargreaves Lansdown in UK, and another provider in Singapore.

If you want to trade Thai stocks, mutual funds based in Thailand, Thai futures/options then it makes sense to open an account in Thailand. But for leveraged products related to overseas products it's much easier to do outside Thailand.

There are mutual funds, eg TMB gold, MFC gold that will provide unleveraged (1x) exposure to gold here, with entry fees of around 1%.

No, no i dont want to trade Thai stocks. Im not a resident in TL. But i do live here if you catch my drift. How can i link a EFT dealing account to a thai account can i do it?

No, no i dont want to trade Thai stocks. Im not a resident in TL. But i do live here if you catch my drift. How can i link a EFT dealing account to a thai account can i do it?

As mentioned, for that particular product and combination, easier to have the accounts outside Thailand. ETFs not common here. If you're not resident (= 1 year visa) it will be difficult to open a trading account here anyway.

Edited by fletchsmile

Hargreaves Lansdown won't open accounts for people living outside the UK.

Assuming you're not American, best bet would be an offshore broker oriented towards expats such as Internaxx in Luxembourg - http://www.internaxx.lu

Opening an account should be pretty straightforward, provided you can provide proof of address. However, without proof of long-term residence the account will be subject to EU withholding tax.

Hargreaves Lansdown won't open accounts for people living outside the UK.

Assuming you're not American, best bet would be an offshore broker oriented towards expats such as Internaxx in Luxembourg - http://www.internaxx.lu

Opening an account should be pretty straightforward, provided you can provide proof of address. However, without proof of long-term residence the account will be subject to EU withholding tax.

My understanding is that UK address and UK bank account will suffice for opening online.

Edited by fletchsmile