Visa Options For Thai Femaile: Us And Uk

A female friend recently applied for and was denied a tourist visa to the US. She's mid 20s, unmarried, no kids, recent college graduate (cooking/tourism). She has two sisters living in the US who are both married to Americans. She is considering re-applying for a US tourist visa (it's been a month since the last attempt), but my feeling is that due to her age, single status, and lack of substantial job experience, she's likely to get denied again. During her interview she never got past the first page of the application--i.e. wasn't asked about work details or school details, etc.

Last year she went to the UK on a university group trip to learn some western cooking, and teach the local students some Thai cooking. That was a 3-month tourist visa obtained through her university.

Looking for some input on what her best option might be. Her long term goal is to live and work here in Thailand--not looking to emigrate. Is she likely to get denied a US tourist visa as I suspect? Is it worth it to try again? Wouldn't a UK visa be more likely as she's been there before and returned as scheduled? She has some friends in the UK that would be willing to offer support/place to stay, etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.