Bringing My Tgf To Ireland, Irish Visitor Visa Info

Hi Guys,

This is my first post on this forum and have to say its great with tonnes of information about achieving the dream :-)

Anyway I was looking for info on getting a friend to come for a holiday in Ireland.

I have my check list and will be filling out the application myself for my first try and will not be using a Visa agency.

Right well basically I have been seeing a girl for about 6-61/2 months , I have been there 3 times in this time, the first time we spent the last 4 days together I went back we spent 2 weeks together and I'm just back again from a 15 day trip.

I know I can prove the genuine relationship part I have emails, phone calls, photo's etc;

I plan on going back in February for 3 weeks and hope to return to Ireland with herself :-)

Now she has been working as a BG for the past 6months but this has just stopped and she will go back to her village for the for seeable future to get a job back home and move back in with family.

She has no bank account. No passport(yet) and will have no payslips either.

When I go back in February I plan on meeting her in BKK and going to Bangkok to stay for a few days while we apply for passport(is this a long procedure and what exactly does she need to get one) so we can then go to the consulate in person and apply for the VV..

Now the big problem for me at the moment is I only started working full time recently even though I have been with the same company for 6 years so I don't have much saving's at all although my bank account shows lots of monthly transactions maybe 1,500 to 2,000euro's worth.

She does not have a bank account do you think I should get her to open one? Can I open an Irish one for her or does it have to be Thai? Or if I explain on the Visa application she has none and I will be supporting her is this ok?

I have asked advice from a Visa Agent and he said I need at least 3k in my account as savings before I should apply as it is likely I will be refused with only 500 saved.

If this is the fact then I intend not purchasing my ticket for my next trip until a day before I go that way with holiday spending money I could have the 3k in the account when I get a printout before I go on my next trip and the account would look good for the application?

The fact that she was a BG does this effect the application?

Sorry for all the Newbie questions but any advice is greatly apreciated.

Thanks

Pattayarox

as you say in your first line acheiving the dream on what you have said your going to give it more time[a lot] you need to show your financially better off than you have said.there is days if not weeks of info on tv so you had better start reading up on posts,in the meantime you can only dream.good luck

as you say in your first line acheiving the dream on what you have said your going to give it more time[a lot] you need to show your financially better off than you have said.there is days if not weeks of info on tv so you had better start reading up on posts,in the meantime you can only dream.good luck

Yep dream it is, but now I have the full time job sorted hopefully I can get something sorted soon enough.

One post and responses to it have been deleted.

Sensible replies only, please.

I know that at least one of our sponsors, Thai Visa Express, has experience of Irish visas, so a PM to him may help, indeed he may respond in this topic.

Meanwhile a good place to start is the Visa Services page of the Irish consulate.

Hello they wont process a visa in my experience in less than a month, they are never in a rush.

They will be looking for the following :

• Travel history
  • Employment
  • Assets & ties which encourage her to return
  • Children

We have never been refused an Irish Visa for a client we had to appeal a decision in 2010 but we won the case & the visa was issued.

Hi Pattayarox,

Welcome to the forum, this is certainty the place to get the info you need.

1st thing, if you search my threads you will find plenty of info about what exactly you need to do. Also i posted on newbepat threads my check lists etc.

I got my gfs first holiday visa approved 1st time by taking the advice on here. I then posted as much info as possible so people like yourself you get the advice they need as there isnt too much info available for irish people.

1st of all it will be impossible for you to go there in Feb and bring her with you. The application process alone will take 8 weeks after the application is brought to the consulate in BKK.

After you hand everything into the consulate in BKK (which only takes about 20 minutes if the girl looks through it for you), they send it to the embassy in KL.

After its processed in KL it gets sent to Dublin. So you will have to plan it a little better, give yourself more time and do it right first time round to avoid disappointed.

I went there in January, had all the work done in advance and applied for her to arrive in May. I then fly there in May, collected her and returned here.

I also wouldnt recommend February because the weather shock is bad enough in our summer time, she just wont like the cold and could put her off coming back again or make her want to go home.

My gf hated the cold weather and it was summer!

To save you some time she could apply for her passport in advance.

The fastest option to apply for the passport is BKK but i'm not too sure how long that takes there but i've heard you can get it in a few days.

My gf got her passport in Phuket and i think it only took 2 weeks.

Passport info:

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/474.php

I think there's a thread here somewhere with more locations other than BKK.

2nd thing, it doesnt matter too much about her bank account (which would have to be Thai bank acc) but it does help a lot as she can prove she also have savings to fund the trip. However as long as you state in you letter of invitation that you will support her financially and can prove you can support her then it should be ok.

The visa agent is correct, You will need more money than 500euro, and 3000+ will be the minimum you need, I aimed to have 5000 at the time of application and explain i'd have more by the time she arrives.

You have to prove to the INIS that she will be looked after and you can support her. They are not only looking to stop illegal immigrants but also to stop girls from being trafficked etc. They dont want her here if you cant take care of her so you really have to prove you can.

Also state that she will be residing with you, rent free. If you dont have your own place get your parents to write a letter too, stating she can stay in their house for the duration of the visit and that food will be provided.

3rd, A letter stating you are in full time employment and that you have worked in that company for 6 years is grand. You dont need to give too much details in this letter i.e. you were working part time.

you need to also supply 3 months pay slips, which you will have by the time you apply.

Your bank statement needs to be for the 6 months leading up to the application, and needs to show you have steady savings coming in to fund the trip.

Another big thing and one of the most important things is for her to prove she will go back to Thailand before the visa has expired. My GF said her, money in her bank, her job, her family and her apartment were the reasons. U stated how she works in a bar, Get the her boss to write a letter saying she can take a holiday but can also return to her job. just remember some holy biddy might be processing you application and might get the wrong impression.

Also get her to buy worldwide travel insurance. My gf got it from a travel shop. The insurance policy was world wide gold for 90days from a company called Thaivivat.

Make sure these are on your checklist:

(E) means accompanied by a notarized english translation

Application form

Your letter of invitation, financial support, details of relationship

Your work letter, pay slips, P60,

Your 6 month bank statement

Copy of your passport with all the visa stamps

Her letter explaining the reason she is applying for visa, details of your relationship, work letter(E), pay slips(E), Copy of her house registration book(E), her bank statement(E)

The itinerary you intent to buy if visa is approved, She can get this in any tour operator shop. Should be free but some change a few baht

Copy of her travel insurance policy(E)

Written under taking stating the two of you will observe all the rules of the visa, irish law etc

Pictures (you only need about 8, i had loads and the girl in BKK handed them back to me and said pick 8)

any other evidence for relationship, western union receipts, gift receipts, email, phone records, hotel receipts, flight you took together

A utility bill proving your address

read this its a hell of a lot better than what it was last year, gives way more detail now:

http://www.inis.gov....20or%20Tourist)

Thants all i can think of for now, any questions just post them here and i'll log in and answer them.

oh and to save the hassle, fly through abu dhabi. If you fly through London you have to pass immigration twice. I traveled with her BKK-AUH-DUB and I went to the passport/immigration booth with her in Dublin and had no issues.

Best of luck,

Rob

Edited by robio7

hi pattayarox dont lose it over some replies,by telling the truth about your gf you left yourself wide open for the sharks to bite, and you did bite.i told you there is a tremendious amount of info about girls in thailand you have got to read up on this,its all posts on past experiance me for one[30yrs] but just because you dont like some of the answers dont throw your toys out of the pram.we have all been through what your saying and yes it will hurt at some time,i am not going to bite you over what you posted but please look at it from our point of view you asked for our experiance on tgf.thats all i will say it can happen for you at some time,[me i have been married now 21years]and have never looked back.once again good luck.

Rob thanks a mill for the amazing response basically tells me everything I needed to know. Go raibh mile maith agat!!!

Meatboy, I left myself wide open for what exactly? To be insulted because I want to try bring a Bar Girl to my country for holiday????

TBH i was never even going to Log in again because in general people deal with things on thier 1st impressions and experiences and mine as you know was not pleasant.

Anyway glad I did log back in and thanks again Rob for the response.

Just another question, is the most important requirement the money so that she will not be a burden to the state?

Would you recommend to hang back till i have 4000 saved?

Thanks

Rob thanks a mill for the amazing response basically tells me everything I needed to know. Go raibh mile maith agat!!!

Meatboy, I left myself wide open for what exactly? To be insulted because I want to try bring a Bar Girl to my country for holiday????

TBH i was never even going to Log in again because in general people deal with things on thier 1st impressions and experiences and mine as you know was not pleasant.

Just another question, is the most important requirement the money so that she will not be a burden to the state?

Thanks

well i will tell y why y left youself wide open for the sharks,y have not been insulted y are blinded by your love for this girl,y did not have to say she is a bar girl,if y do what i told y to read up on all posts y might understand the replies,money is the most important,how do y think she and the family will live,they depend on her,and she might have children,and maybe a husband,that is why she is a bar girl,this is just a short message but if you want the full facts of life in los dont be suprised what follows.

I agree with most of what Rob had to say, You asked the qustion what was the most important requirment .I would say showing your girl friends reason to return to Thailand. what I mean by that is she should be able to prove that she has a job to go back to and she held that job for at least 1 year

She should be able to show proof of where is living in Thailand, It would be better if she had about 30k baht in her own name in a Thai bank account.

As regards what money you need in your bank account, Remember the holiday visa is for her, your details are not that important,But if you are her sponser you should be able to prove you can support her while she is here staying in Ireland. I would say €3/€5k would be good.

You will need to show 6 months bank statments if you are her sponser.

A letter of invitation should state where you and g/f will be living. (Accommodation I mean)

Passport : If she applies in person and can collect it herself it should take 2/4 days ( by post 2/3 weeks)

It will take 3/4 months to prosess the holiday visa for Ireland, if you get refused it will take longer.

My advice for what its worth forget about getting the visa for Ireland in Febuary 2011 you have a lot of paper work to get ready and believe me its not easy.

Seen it was you who brought up the subject regarding your g/fs past occupaition. I dont think that will go against her application. providing she can show her past employment records.

My last advise would be Google "Stickman Bangkok" and read of past experiences of meeting Thai girls

( I wish I had known then what I know now)

Wish you all the best of luck in the future for you and your Thai G/F

Pat :jap:

ok there seems to be some concerns here.

Firstly I posted that she was a BG because I wanted to be completely honest and and to find out if it is harder for a BG to get a Visa or if they are treated the same, I was not expecting the responses I got about that situation at all.

Secondly Just to clarify, I am very wise about what goes on in daily life in Thailand especially Pattaya so I am not been fooled in any way by TGF.

I am not blinded by love or anything like that actually the opposite I am not in love with this girl I would just like to bring her to my country for a little holiday......thats all nothing complicated about that no hidden agenda just like to have her see Ireland with me.

I do not sponsor this girl at all. she has finished working bar now and has gone home to Buriram where she lives with her mother and is currently looking for work.............don't know why I even had to say anything about any of that but seems some people need to know instead of just JUDGING me!

So back to the important thing.

I was basically going to apply for the Visa start of January and go there in Feb for a month and come back together I now know that is very very unlikely because of my savings. I was going to get a print out of my savings which would be my air fare and spending money which would be around 3-4k for my feb trip but when I print out my bank statement it would be in the account.

But I now realize I have to give my bank account statement when applying so it would not be in my account at that time.

So I have decided just to save save save and as soon as I have enough saved I will then go ahead with the Visa application.

Thanks for all your comments I will let ye know how I get on ;-)

Edited by Pattayarox

Thanks

Hi Pattayarox, you are very welcome. I hope my response will encourage you to continually use the forum and day you will be able to answer questions for another user.

As for your latest question, It is one of the most important things, I think there are several key items they look for (this being one of them) and having 4000+ saved will help your chances a lot.

Another very important thing is to prove she will return to Thailand before the visa has expired. So if you think about it, you might have 100,000 in your bank but if you cannot prove she will return home then that causes a problem for the person processing the visa as they might think she will become an illegal immigrant or that you could be using this as an opportunity to traffic the girl.......

As for any negative responses you might have gotten that may have offended you - I didnt see the original comments made but I wouldn't let that stop you from asking your questions on this forum.

Its an excellent source for info from people who have been through the same as you. Its very hard to find info on getting your TGF to another country especially Ireland and this seem to be the only place to get it.

If you are comfortable with your GF being a bar girl then thats all that matters. I know two bar girls who came to Ireland and the lads that brought them here have never looked back. Not all bar girls are trying to rip you off but saying that, do be careful.

Again, any other questions post them here and i'll try to help you out.

Again my advise would be to give yourself more time. I know how you feel and you want her here asap but give yourself the time to save the cash you need and let you relationship grow. Then hopefully everything will work out for you and she will enjoy her stay here.

Cheers,

Rob

Believe me I am also trying to be helpful too

Your Quote :

Right well basically I have been seeing a girl for about 6-61/2 months , I have been there 3 times in this time, the first time we spent the last 4 days together I went back we spent 2 weeks together and I'm just back again from a 15 day trip.

So you spent 2 weeks 4 days and 15 days with your Thai g/f

You will need details of how you are known to,or related to your reference, and supporting evidence of this

Ok I used the word sponser I did not mean you send her money or anything like that, (but so what if you do, thats your business) The word on the application form refers to her reference you will be her reference/sponser for her application for a holiday visa to Ireland

Believe me, without a reference/sponser, unless she has loads of money in the bank, has her own home, and has been fully employed for at least 1/2 years and has a letter from her employer stating this and saying she has a job to go back to. she will be refused. Been there done that. been refused twice but I was successful 3rd time. TGF is here in Ireland with me now. So I think I know what I an talking about.

If I can be of any help to you don't hesitate to ask

Kind regards :jap:

Edited by newbepat

Cheers Pat much appreciated.

In your opinion do you think if she had a letter from her employer stating she has worked there for 2 years and has been given holiday time away and her job will be there when she gets back, and maybe 50kbaht in her bank account this would suffice?

Thanks

In your opinion do you think if she had a letter from her employer stating she has worked there for 2 years and has been given holiday time away and her job will be there when she gets back, and maybe 50kbaht in her bank account this would suffice?

Thanks

She needs that and much much more paper work,

for a start my advice would be to have a good look at the Irish Immigrant web site visa section.

as they have the final say, If she gets her papers in order there is no reason why she can't get her holiday visa.

Pat

Edited by newbepat

Thanks

i am glad you are taking some of the advice given to you,what y have posted above is what she definately needs,but you say she has no job or money,it took me over 3years to get to know my wife before i committed to anything,so i also has been there done that and got the t-shirt in fact before i met my wife i had a box full,so i know what i am talking about,is it southern ire,or northen ire.you live.but please dont think i am trying to ridacule you i am not,i will also help y if you are prepared to take the advice given to y.i did say 10yrs.ago i would never help someone again after giving him all the do's and dont's,his family was very close freinds with my wife,but what did he do,didnt listern and ended up in prison in thailand and that is one place you dont want to go.my wife had to get her family to get him out and he never bought her so much as a box of chocs.so what has already been said tread carefully.good luck.

Thanks

i am glad you are taking some of the advice given to you,what y have posted above is what she definately needs,but you say she has no job or money,it took me over 3years to get to know my wife before i committed to anything,so i also has been there done that and got the t-shirt in fact before i met my wife i had a box full,so i know what i am talking about,is it southern ire,or northen ire.you live.but please dont think i am trying to ridacule you i am not,i will also help y if you are prepared to take the advice given to y.i did say 10yrs.ago i would never help someone again after giving him all the do's and dont's,his family was very close freinds with my wife,but what did he do,didnt listern and ended up in prison in thailand and that is one place you dont want to go.my wife had to get her family to get him out and he never bought her so much as a box of chocs.so what has already been said tread carefully.good luck.

Thanks I do appreciate the advice given.

I am genuinely gonna give this a shot as stated we only know each other 6 months or so, we do talk every day and get on really well so it is just what I said I only want to take her here for a holiday and show her my country.

I have contemplated scrapping the hole idea and just go there for a month at a time but also I would like to bring her here to see my country and also see how the relationship goes.

I know it is going to be extremely difficult and time consuming and there is lots and lots to do to get a successful visa application, but thats why I'm here.

Many thanks to everyone for their imput and experience's much appreciated.

Pattayarox

Just been reading other topics there for a while and I was wondering if I got my brother to be her sponsor as he has plenty in his bank account and that would that be ok to apply for a visa now? Or is it better just to wait it out till I have enough savings myself?

Just curious really.

Thanks

If you use your brother as a sponsor, will he sponsor her accommodation?

Usually you will need a letter of invitation from him, copy of the photo page of his passport and proof that he does have the accommodation for her (and you).

Here is a list of requirements that I used for my wife's visa (England), but the document list will be about the same.

Application form plus photo.

Letter explaining why we are applying.

Printed Application from on-line application

Her current Passport and copy.

Her previous Passport and copy.

Her ID Card and copy.

Her Tambien Baan plus copy.

Letter from Employer giving her leave when required.

Payslips from her employment plus copies.

Papers concerning property (if she has then okay if not then forget)

Letter from my uncle giving us permission to live at his house.

Letter from the Halifax proving my Uncle is the owner.

Copy of his Photo page from UK Passport proving British Citizen.

My Passport plus copy.

My Contract and payslips.

Cashiers cheque for 3952baht

I also made a planned itinerary and also a projected list of all costs involved to prove that it was within our budget.

you will also need proof of an existing relationship between you both. Try for a visa if you are lucky okay, if not then find out why and get that sorted out for the next time.

Edited by beano2274

Accommodation and funds

• A letter of invitation from your contact/host in Ireland confirming that accommodation will be provided for the duration of your visit
  • Current utility account bill in name of contact/host for address where you will be accomodated
  • A written undertaking from your contact/host stating that you will observe the conditions of your visa, that you will not become a burden on the State, and that you will leave the State on the expiration of your permission to remain
  • Details of how you are known to, or related to your contact/host, and supporting evidence of this – e.g. birth certificates/marriage certificates
  • Copy of your contact/host’s passport, or if contact/host is an Irish citizen, other documentary evidence attesting to Irish citizenship
  • If your contact/host is not an Irish/EEA citizen, evidence of their permission to remain in Ireland – a copy of their GNIB card and copy of their passport showing Immigration stamps
  • A detailed statement of your bank account covering a six-month period immediately prior to your visa application, and showing sufficient funds to cover your costs
  • A detailed statement of your contact/host’s bank account for the six-month period immediately prior to your visa application showing sufficient funds to support your stay
  • Evidence of insurance cover will help us decide your application. If we grant you a visit, you should show proof of medical/travel insurance when you arrive at the port of entry.

if you have your brother do it and he has not made trips to Thailand then how is he going to explain how he knows her ?

As others have said you do not want her to visit in Winter anyway, she will not have fun and she will start to hate you and Ireland, its just too cold for her.......

there is no reason to rush things.......

BK

if you have your brother do it and he has not made trips to Thailand then how is he going to explain how he knows her ?

As others have said you do not want her to visit in Winter anyway, she will not have fun and she will start to hate you and Ireland, its just too cold for her.......

there is no reason to rush things.......

BK

True, but I was just curious if I could say she was coming to see me and as I haven't really got much saving's could I use my brother as a Guarantor by showing his bank statements so she won't be a burden to the state.............just curious is all I won't be doing it anyway.

Cheers

From my own first hand experience of this some random thoughts -

- She needs to see Ireland first before she lives here. The Thai community here is small. She will get bored very quickly if she has nowt to do.

- You need to be able to show that you can support her. When she lands in Dublin they will ask you how she will stay here. I d'ont think the brother option is the best way to go. Its certainly not the easiest.

- Long term its easier for her to stay here if you can marry her. But when she applies for a spousal visa you will still have to show income etc.

The road ahead is very long. Good luck because I have been there.

John

hello pattayarox

i wont bite you the same as others, as we have all been down that road...my question to you is "why do you want to bring her to Ireland"...more than likely, she would prefer to stay in Thailand...she has probably only ever travelled from her home province to where ever you met her...

anyhow, i dont think you have enough concrete established for her to take a holiday with you in Ireland...slan go leat

hi there...why dont u and her go to Laos. Great place, great weather, great food...the list is endless...and its cheap as chips!!! She doesnt even need a visa! u then can stretch the length on time for ur euro and get to know her even more.

i know u love her, BUT, i bet a lot of other ppl do too...

im not biting u, but ive been in Thailand for abt 8 years now...

David

Nonthaburi

Hi OP,

As with several of the above posters, I too went through hoops trying to get a visa for my Thai GF. We had been together 4 years, living in Thailand for 3 of them, plenty of money in my bank account, both in Thailand and Ireland, GF has house and land and provided certified copies of deeds in English as well as copies of the originals,(took the originals down to Visa section of consulate as well),

Copies of bank details, she had over 4000 eur in one of her accounts, and has 2 children. Place where we would be staying in Ireland is my own house, so no accomm. costs. I was 46 and she was 36 yrs old.

After all that we still got refused!!!!

We appealed the decision to Dublin, which was subsequently approved and she was granted a visa.

Some times one feels that it doesn't matter how hard one tries, it might all depend on which side of the bed the govt. official got out of that morning,as to whether they grant the visa or not.

We have been back twice since then, and we are now married, so hopefully we will have an easier passage on the next application.

I would humbly suggest that you take a bit more time, save more money, and show the visa officials that you have a bit more time together, as that will make things run a lot smoother. Having plenty of shillings to do what you both want, when you want helps a lot as well.

Must say Robs and Newbe Pats lists of what is required are about as comprehensive as you'll see anywhere.

Best of luck with the application, I found its usually between 5-8 weeks before you recieve an answer.