Did The Non-O Extension Request At Chaeng Wattana 4 Weeks Ago - Where To Get The Stamp Now ?

Hello,

I did my request to extend my Non-O extension (marriage based) on end of October, at Chaeng Wattana.

Now, I should go there again on November 17th to know the result (hopefully positive! ;) ).

As it seems it's still flooded around there, anyone knows if I could go to get my stamp at Suan Plu instead..? Will they have access to my deposited file from there ? :ph34r:

Thanks for the answers !

I asked my wife to phone Immigration at Chaeng Wattana and they told her I could go to Suan Plu.

Hopefully, they'll agree at Suan Plu when I'll go there tomorrow !

I'll report the result in this topic ! ;)

Looks like you'll be off to Chaengwattana then!!!

Seriously, best of luck!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the answers !

I asked my wife to phone Immigration at Chaeng Wattana and they told her I could go to Suan Plu.

Hopefully, they'll agree at Suan Plu when I'll go there tomorrow !

I'll report the result in this topic ! ;)

Lot of people at Suan Plu, go early because if they can't take care of your case, you'll need more than 2 hours to go to Chaeng Wattana (I noticed that the red buses in flooded areas are faster than the military trucks).

Ok, here my report ! :P

I arrived a couple minutes before 11.

I got a bit shocked : they changed the rooms layout since it was closed a few years ago, and the temporary room looked very small & crowded, and it looked like we had to elbow fight to get a queue ticket, but actually, I just arrived at same time than a small group of dudes following tightly its guide.

I then get my queue number, and I waited something like 3 or 4 minutes then the lady took me right away ! The 6 persons who had queued before me & were all missing may have sped up the process... ;) (or maybe they were not missing, coz she called the numbers in Thai in a crowded & somewhat noisy place, it may have been hard to distinguish anything for people far from her)

Funnily, the lady who processed me was the same one who processed me 4 weeks ago at Chaeng Wattana, and her superior, who signed my application acceptance, was also standing a few meters behind her !

So if the rule outlined by ljerams has been enforced today, it's by going to Chaeng Wattana that I'd have been more than sorry..! The irony would have been cruel... :whistling:

Anyway, after, I wanted to get a re-entry permit, so I crossed the street (like in the good old times ;) ) to get the copy of my new stamp done ; it was 2b instead of 1 ! dam_n inflation ! :bah:

I then noticed I had forgotten to take a pen, and no pen were available ; the lady checking papers for people wanting to get a queue number nicely took care of that (she brought me all the way to another room & waited there that I had filled my form :o ), then I got my queue number and I had just had the time to seat & see one dude getting his passport back that I was called to give mine ! I then waited a few more minutes to get it back, and voilà, I was done.

All in all, it took only about 30 minutes, and I saved about 400b of taxi & toll fee to go to Chaeng Wattana..!

Edited by manutoo

At least it was worth checking. Interesting that the Captain had been moved to Suan Plu although they never told anybody that Staff had been temporarily moved. Presumably a person of higher rank signs when a particular Captain is absent due to illness?

Being normally less than 10 minutes flood free drive from Chaeng Wattana I would have made an effort to go there expecting normal service which may of course still be available.