Some Random Questions

UKJASE

Hey guys - hoping you can help with a few small questions

we have been in hua hin a few weeks now and have found our feet, but the following has yet to been discovered by ourselves, and it is time for me to ask the TV people to share their knowledge once more

1 - where is the best bakery in hua hin to get some good european style fresh bread? i have brought some butter and cheese with me from my last UK visit, and now need some nice bread

2 - where is the bus station in hua hin?? i hear people talk about it, but have never seen it when driving up and down the big road

3 - Can anyone recommend a good value, friendly, and effective language school in hua hin to teach my some thai??

4 - *Random Question Alert* - when driving on the roads here, and approaching a roundabout, who has the right of way, the vehicle entering the roundabout, or the vehicle that is already on the roundabout?? do these rules still apply if i am riding a motorbike?

hope all are well and smiling and enjoying this hua hin / cha am sunshine (too bl00dy hot if u ask me!!)

EDIT - forgot the doctors question

5 - anyone know a quick and easy doctors to walk into and get a medical certificate that i can use for a driving licence application??

cheers............. :o)

Edited by UKJASE

3 - Insight Engish is good - I'm with them already learning Thai

4 - assume it's the same as in England - those on the roundabout already have right of way. These days I just drive like a Thai and muscle in to the flow LOL

5 - I got mine at a clinic on Petchakasem Road. Can't remember the name (will add it here later when I drive past) but if you are at the crossroads near burger king turning RIGHT onto the main road, the clinic is somewhere there on your left, past a few tailor shops. I paid about 100 baht and they didn't even examine me!! crazy Thailand!

There are no really good bakeries here in Hua Hin but there are a few that makes some decent bread and of those I prefer the bread from Baguette, which is located on Petchakem Street around soi 39.

In addition to Baguette you have Euro Bakery, Hua Hin Bakery and the German Bakery.

You didn't ask about meat but meat is best from the butcher Jean Pierre and his Boucherie, located on Petchakem Road near soi 41.

There are no really good bakeries here in Hua Hin but there are a few that makes some decent bread and of those I prefer the bread from Baguette, which is located on Petchakem Street around soi 39.

In addition to Baguette you have Euro Bakery, Hua Hin Bakery and the German Bakery.

You didn't ask about meat but meat is best from the butcher Jean Pierre and his Boucherie, located on Petchakem Road near soi 41.

Baguette yes, nice breakfast also.

Large Bus Station near Bangkok Hospital for going to Isaan. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i have just been to Baguette as recommended and was well impressed. i only bought bread, but the place looked lovely and loads of nice cakes and stuff, plus a nice coffee house.... cheers for info guys, my bread belly will be back in no time :whistling:

With regards to a fresh Baguette, Tesco's is fine..

With regards to driving, there is no " right of way " that is regularly adhered to, the biggest mistake you'll make is assuming that the Roads are like home.

Never assume anything on these Roads, drive slow & be prepared to use your back break in a seconds notice when someone pulls out on you, even if they have looked when turning a corner, which is quite rare in itself.

There are two bus stations. The main one for the nationwide blue and white buses is on Sa Song road (parallel to and one block west of Petchkasem road which is the main road through town). It is about a block south of the big Chat Chai fresh market. The other one mentioned above is the terminal for private/VIP buses that also go to most parts of the country. It's on the west side of the main road between Bangkok hospital and the flyover at the south end of town.

Hua Hin bakery by G supermarket over the railway crossing is good. Tesco's bread is also good as is the Japanese bakery just outside Tesco.

Right of way on roundabout has also puzzled me - basically I think it is survival of the fittest it you give way you will be there forever. Thankfully there are not too many around

We got our medical from the doctor by the Chomsin railway crossing/roundabout - it took about 10 minutes. Before you get to the roundabout crossing at the top of Chomsin turn left toward the railway station and the clinic on on your left - almost the last shop. It cost us 50 baht last time we went there

i went to the bus station near to soi 96 / bangkok hospital way this morning, and saw that from there buses ran to phuket, samui, chiang mai, issan etc, but could not find a full timetable anywhere within the station. I asked one of the ladies behind one of the counters and managed to get a bus timetable from her, but it looks quite small, and is in thai.

does anyone know if there is a full listing online of the destinations and times of departure etc, or if timetables are available anywhere else?

also, at the other bus station, the one on Sa Song road (or is it just a bus stop, as i saw no buses?) i spoke to a lady who said buses only run to bangkok from there. Is that true, or can other destinations be reached from there too?

There's a German Bakery on the west side of Phetkasem road between Soi 94 and the flyover (I think). It has a big "German Bakery" sign on the front. My Swedish neighbor says it's the best in town for the kind of bread he likes. Also, Terrace90 restaurant on Soi 90 has their own bakery and sells the bread directly out of their deli section.

i went to the bus station near to soi 96 / bangkok hospital way this morning, and saw that from there buses ran to phuket, samui, chiang mai, issan etc, but could not find a full timetable anywhere within the station. I asked one of the ladies behind one of the counters and managed to get a bus timetable from her, but it looks quite small, and is in thai.

does anyone know if there is a full listing online of the destinations and times of departure etc, or if timetables are available anywhere else?

also, at the other bus station, the one on Sa Song road (or is it just a bus stop, as i saw no buses?) i spoke to a lady who said buses only run to bangkok from there. Is that true, or can other destinations be reached from there too?

Where is it you want to go ??

As you have the timetables already, in Thai, these are the Thai script for some of the places you want to go:

ขอนแก่น = Khon Kaen

ภูเก็ต = Phuket

สมุย = Samui (I think)

หัวหิน = Hua Hin

Hope that helps.

There's a German Bakery on the west side of Phetkasem road between Soi 94 and the flyover (I think). It has a big "German Bakery" sign on the front. My Swedish neighbor says it's the best in town for the kind of bread he likes. Also, Terrace90 restaurant on Soi 90 has their own bakery and sells the bread directly out of their deli section.

I used to have a Swedish neighbour who recommended that place. I wonder if it's the same guy! LOL...he now lives on Chomsin near Khao Hin Lek Fai....

Anyway I've been there and the bread is really nice yes..

The Baguette does a very nice vanilla latte.....must give the brekky a try...