Carpets ?

luudee

I am looking to a Carpet. About 2x3 meters.

Nothing fancy, just the cheapo with a nice pattern will do.

Previously I bought a few just driving down the street and

they tend to display them on the side of the road.

Stopped by two of them today and was quoted 9500 and 4500

baht. Not sure what the big difference was. Couple of years

ago I payed around 2000 baht. This seems to be a rather large

price hike.

Anybody recently seen any good deals on Carpets ?

Thanks,

rudi

i think carpets are always on sale, like mattresses

anyway, theres a carpet shop on theprassit road on the left side heading to the beach, its before the new Decorum shop

failing that i often see bargains on offer in Homeworks south pattaya

i hope that helps......

HomePro in the BigC center on Klang has a good selection also. Strangely enough, we saw a sale on some really interesting carpets at Jaspal in Central Festival on the ground floor near Beach Road. There were 1/2 off and really good quality...that was a few months ago, though.

I have a few "surplus" handmade Perisan and Afghan carpets that I would be willing to sell. These are all hand made carpets, with hand-spun wool and vegetable or chemical dies. Most are 3x5 or 4x6 feet. They are not "cheap" carpets, indeed they are some of the finest carpets of their kind that you can find. Some are new, some are antique. I bought them all for my personal use, but I have more than I have floor space. I would sell a few for what I paid for them from carpet dealers in Kabul, Lahore and Islamabad 15 years ago, about B8k to B10k. I saw a similar carpet to one of these at Kalae on Pattaya Nua being sold for B36,000 a few years back. PM me if you are interested with color and pattern desires (most are shades of red) and I will look through them.

I have a few "surplus" handmade Perisan and Afghan carpets that I would be willing to sell. These are all hand made carpets, with hand-spun wool and vegetable or chemical dies. Most are 3x5 or 4x6 feet. They are not "cheap" carpets, indeed they are some of the finest carpets of their kind that you can find. Some are new, some are antique. I bought them all for my personal use, but I have more than I have floor space. I would sell a few for what I paid for them from carpet dealers in Kabul, Lahore and Islamabad 15 years ago, about B8k to B10k. I saw a similar carpet to one of these at Kalae on Pattaya Nua being sold for B36,000 a few years back. PM me if you are interested with color and pattern desires (most are shades of red) and I will look through them.

That's a very generous offer. I think the ticket alone to get to these places would be much more than that! ;)

That's a very generous offer. I think the ticket alone to get to these places would be much more than that! ;)

Similar carpets (perhaps not as critically or carefully selected) are available in shops in Bangkok. The price they paid will be equal to or more in many cases than I paid, and they will add shipping, overhead and profit -- hence the Kalae price. One of my carpet dealer friends in Lahore, from whom I have purchased dozens of carpets, has a shop in Alexandria, Virginia, not far from my former law firm's DC office. I visit his shop in the US for tea, not to buy carpets. His prices in Alexandria for the same carpets are 3 to 5 times his prices in Lahore--not surprising given northern Virginia rents and labor costs, etc. I am not looking for a profit, but I realize that carpets rolled up in a closet don't serve much of a function. Better to find them a good home where they will be admired and the work and effort that went into making them appreciated.

I've pm'd you (I hope) on this...........