Work Permit Change Of Home Address

I have searched the forum but cannot find an answer to this question.

I have changed my home address (not work address) and need to have this change updated in my Work Permit. Do I have to fill out any special forms or can I simply turn up at the Labour Department to record the change? Do I need any evidence of such change of home address and if so, what?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

As as I know the address on the WP is typically the company address anyway and if you are on an extension of stay you would "change' your residential address when you do your 90 day report.

So would guess the only time you would need to change this on the WP was if the company address and residential address were tha same, if they are not then the WP doesnt need changing..

The reason for recording the change of address in my work permit is that I will be applying for the yellow house registration book (Tor Ror 13) for my new house. In applying for such book they follow the home address it states in your work permit. Thus, before I get the yellow book I need to update my home address in my work permit. It was done once before many years ago when I moved house, but then the company did it for me as part of the renewal process. However, this time around it is purely for the purpose of the yellow book so I need to do it myself and do not wish to wait another 10 months when to do it when my work permit is due for renewal.

I will also use the updated work permit to update my driving license so that it also shows my new address.

The address of both the employee and the employer are shown in the work permit, the former on Page 4 and the latter on Page 6. When I needed to update my residential address, I did it through my employer who filed the appropriate paperwork with the Labour Department. The change was entered as an amendment on Page 21 on the permit using a rubber stamp impression titled "Change of Residence", which to my mind indicates that the Labour Department expects to be notified when work permit holders move house.

In the first instance, ask your employer to do it. If they won't, try visiting the Labour Department yourself and explaining the situation.

Thanks KT. You are quite right. My original address appears on page 4 and the first amendment of my address appears on page 23. The company did that one, but I need to do the latest one myself. Apparently it is quite simple and I can do it at the Labour Department myself. Anyway, I will soon find out as I am going to visit them on Monday. There does not appear to be much room left to make another amendment though, so perhaps I will need a new book.

Thanks KT. You are quite right. My original address appears on page 4 and the first amendment of my address appears on page 23. The company did that one, but I need to do the latest one myself. Apparently it is quite simple and I can do it at the Labour Department myself. Anyway, I will soon find out as I am going to visit them on Monday. There does not appear to be much room left to make another amendment though, so perhaps I will need a new book.

Home address change - perfectly reasonable request; it's much better if you have your home address written into the WP as this is what will go on Car/Bike Log Books, Bank Current Accounts, Driving Licenses, etc.

Use Form WP 7 to make this kind of change, you may however need your employer's stamp and details on that form in support - there is a fee of a few hundred Baht (I recollect it's 300 or 500 THB).

Hopefuly Labour can find room to add a new home address on Page 23, else I am sure they will use Pages 22 or Page 24, etc as they stamp/write a page reference by hand in on Page 4 as to where the change is recorded.

First had to get my wife and son registered in the house registration book for the new house. This took half an hour down at the District Office. Then filed a copy of the same signed by my son together with a filled out application, copies of work permit, passport and son's ID card and letter of confirmation of residence at said address issued by my son (he is listed as the home owner).

I will pick up my updated work permit next week as it takes 3 working days to complete.

I found the application forms online at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration (Workpermit) website at the following link: http://wp.doe.go.th/en/downloadform

Once I get it back, the next step is to see if I can get my driver's license updated with the new address.

Edited by GarryP