Xmas Shopping In Pattaya

MrMuddle

OK, we're coming down to the big, bad city next week. I would like to be able to do some Christmas food shopping in Pattaya, while we're there. I'm looking for Christmas puddings, (and rum sauce mix), vegetarian suet dumpling mix, mince pies, brussels sprouts, fishermans pies, and english sweets. Any recommendations of where to shop much appreciated. We'll be staying centrally, on the second road.

Thanks for any suggestions.

as you are staying Centrally, try central festival food hall first

lots of Waitrose stuff in there

next the Villa market at the Avenue second road

failing that then Friendship on Pattaya Thai should fix you up

they even have Fray Bentos tinned pies and puddings.................

Thanks for the reply. Central festival food hall is Big C, if I remember correctly, it's been a few years since I've been to "the dark side'.

:D

I seem to recall that Friendship used to sell Guinness, but that was a lot of years ago.

Thanks for the reply. Central festival food hall is Big C, if I remember correctly, it's been a few years since I've been to "the dark side'.

I seem to recall that Friendship used to sell Guinness, but that was a lot of years ago.

no sir, central festival center is a huge shopping center that straddles beach road and second road, next to the police station soi

The Hilton Hotel is attached to it

the shopping is provided by Tops in the basement but they do have a lot of imported farang favorites as well as Thai foods

if you have not seen it and you like shopping then you are in for a treat...........

Just as an aside Timekeeper, did u know Baxters of Fochabers (Cockaleekie soup etc!!) have just bought over Fray Bentos!!

Anyway, Western on Chaiyapruek 2 have christmas puddings , mincemeat pies etc, and he is now taking orders for Turkeys!! http://www.wwmco.asia/ highly recommended by me!!

Just as an aside Timekeeper, did u know Baxters of Fochabers (Cockaleekie soup etc!!) have just bought over Fray Bentos!!

Anyway, Western on Chaiyapruek 2 have christmas puddings , mincemeat pies etc, and he is now taking orders for Turkeys!! http://www.wwmco.asia/ highly recommended by me!!

i did not know that but i feel i have been past the Baxters factory when driving up to Buckie and Banff or maybe even Forres

would that be right?

i did not know that but i feel i have been past the Baxters factory when driving up to Buckie and Banff or maybe even Forres

would that be right?

Not Buckie or Banff, but Forres on the A96 yes, Now run by the daughter Audrey Baxter who by all accounts is one switched on business woman! Big place now!

would that be right?

Not Buckie or Banff, but Forres on the A96 yes, Now run by the daughter Audrey Baxter who by all accounts is one switched on business woman! Big place now!

yes that will be it

i remember thinking how great it was to have actually seen the place where the best soup in the world was made.........

He may be recomended and i must admit everything i have bought there has been good EXCEPT his faggotts ,they are bloomin awfull,change the recipe please.

no sir, central festival center is a huge shopping center that straddles beach road and second road, next to the police station soi

The Hilton Hotel is attached to it

the shopping is provided by Tops in the basement but they do have a lot of imported farang favorites as well as Thai foods

if you have not seen it and you like shopping then you are in for a treat...........

Thanks for the reply. I must be getting confused, in my old age. Last time we were in Pattaya, was 7 or 8 years ago, this shopping centre was still being talked about. Luckily we're coming in a mini-bus, one of my Thai nieces is organising it, as part of her college studies. If the shopping is as good as you say, we might have to leave one of the family members behind, to make room!

Thanks Lenny, I've emailed the company in your link for directions to the shop. Baxters soups, another product for my steadily growing list !

Weren't Fray Bentos an Argentinian company ? I seem to remember people boycotting their products during the Falklands conflict

As of today I can confirm Friendship on Pattaya Tai has two brands of Xmas pudds. The only thing I have never been able to get in town is mincemeat to make my own mince pies.

Is this some kind of special mince meat your after or just the garden variety ground beef mince, if the latter it is sold pretty much everywhere, I buy mine from Foodland.

As of today I can confirm Friendship on Pattaya Tai has two brands of Xmas pudds. The only thing I have never been able to get in town is mincemeat to make my own mince pies.

Thanks for the information Rab, as I can eat mince pies at any time of the year, where did you get the mincemeat ? I'll grab a jar or two while we're there.

As there are several fellow Scotsmen on here, is there anywhere in Pattaya that sells Scottish flags ? I brought one over several years ago, for the garden, but it needs replacing. I bought it in Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire, on a day out there, when we lived in the UK, and when I opened it here it was made in China !

:rolleyes:

Is this some kind of special mince meat your after or just the garden variety ground beef mince, if the latter it is sold pretty much everywhere, I buy mine from Foodland.

Spoonman. No it is mainly minced mixed dried fruits with some suet in it that is used to make what are called mince pies, small sweet pies us Brits eat at Christmas time.

See this link as a picture paints a thousand words my friend Mince Pies

RabC

Thanks for the information Rab, as I can eat mince pies at any time of the year, where did you get the mincemeat ? I'll grab a jar or two while we're there.

As there are several fellow Scotsmen on here, is there anywhere in Pattaya that sells Scottish flags ? I brought one over several years ago, for the garden, but it needs replacing. I bought it in Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire, on a day out there, when we lived in the UK, and when I opened it here it was made in China !

Go and see John at Collingbourne auctions while you are on Chaiyapruek 2 at Western meats, the auction house is about 500m further up on your left, they had boxes of Scotland, England and Wales flags, pillows too for some reason?

I was saying the one thing I have never found is mincemeat.

Rab i have recently seen Robertsons mincemeat

i smiled when i saw it

only problem is i can't remember where

i only shop at Tops, Central , Friendship, Foodland and Big C (occasionally villa)

so it would have been at one of those

i will look again when i am out shopping

sorry i can't be more help

Rab i have recently seen Robertsons mincemeat

i smiled when i saw it

only problem is i can't remember where

i only shop at Tops, Central , Friendship, Foodland and Big C (occasionally villa)

so it would have been at one of those

i will look again when i am out shopping

sorry i can't be more help

Timekeeper, thanks for that, there is no urgency as I brought enough to last through Xmas back from the UK in October. If you do see it again please do let me know so I can have a look in future.

RabC

Timekeeper, I'd appreciate if you can post on here if you see any. Don't want to end up with a "Jealous Mind" ! :D

Off-topic, I'd completely forgotten about Alvin Stardust's Road Safety adverts.....good job they didn't pick Gary Glitter.

Edited by MrMuddle

Spoonman. No it is mainly minced mixed dried fruits with some suet in it that is used to make what are called mince pies, small sweet pies us Brits eat at Christmas time.

RabC

My bad, you mentioned minced meat not ground up dried fruit/pork fat concoction.

Edited by Spoonman

RabC

My bad, you mentioned minced meat not ground up dried fruit/pork fat concoction.

Sorry to get involved in this discussion,but I was same surprised when Rabc posted as I knew of what mince and mash consisted so I googled mincemeat and it gave me this result

Those british have strange eating behaviours if you ask me.

Edited by janverbeem

RabC

he said ''mincemeat '' not ''minced meat ''

two entirely different things

post-45550-0-95944900-1322525569.txt

he said ''mincemeat '' not ''minced meat ''

two entirely different things

Oh how one language can divide its owners and those that think the speak it.....................whistling.gif