6 Month Visit To India, Visa ?

Hi,Is it possible to obtain a visa to visit India here in Thailand ?

I'm going for 6 months hopefully, but have no idea of were to obtain visa.

Some little travel agents advertise them, but these may just be a con ?

Costs if known and requirements ?

Any help apprecitaed.

Hi, Someone mentioned one in BKK,so hope to find that one as nearer.

Any ideas on proceedure and costs ?

Thanks

Google "Indian visa bangkok" and go to the Indian embassy website or the website of VFS Thailand (Indian government has outsourced the visa work to VFS). I am not sure if i can post a link to their websites, but i found it by googling. VFS is located in Glass House 15th floor, short walk from MRT/Skytrain Sukhumvit station. Went there for tourist visa on friday. Single entry validity 3 months cost 2200Baht approx.

And you MUST fill the visa form online, take a print out and only then go to the VFS office. Only online filled forms are accepted as it generates a reference number also.

Edited by saakura

Thanks

Google "Indian visa bangkok" and go to the Indian embassy website or the website of VFS Thailand (Indian government has outsourced the visa work to VFS). I am not sure if i can post a link to their websites, but i found it by googling. VFS is located in Glass House 15th floor, short walk from MRT/Skytrain Sukhumvit station. Went there for tourist visa on friday. Single entry validity 3 months cost 2200Baht approx.

And you MUST fill the visa form online, take a print out and only then go to the VFS office. Only online filled forms are accepted as it generates a reference number also.

Hi Saakura, How long did it take to issue the visa. I will be applying and was hoping that it would be no more than 3 days?

Thanks

Thanks

Hi Saakura, How long did it take to issue the visa. I will be applying and was hoping that it would be no more than 3 days?

Thanks

Hi, it will take at least 7 working day's and you can do it out of Pattaya. They only give you a single entry, 3 month valid. After this you have to wait for 2 month to apply again. They just came up with all this new stuff!

You might try by yourself in Bangkok to get things done quicker but quite certain you will not get longer without lots of paperwork......Good luck

Thanks

Thanks

Hi, it will take at least 7 working day's and you can do it out of Pattaya. They only give you a single entry, 3 month valid. After this you have to wait for 2 month to apply again. They just came up with all this new stuff!

You might try by yourself in Bangkok to get things done quicker but quite certain you will not get longer without lots of paperwork......Good luck

Hi Esther, Thanks for the reply. How can I do this out of Pattaya?

Thanks

Many thankls so far.

Like previous messege , " How can we do this from Pattaya" with an agent perhaps ?

Does anyone know about visiting Bangladesh, as this is seperate from India, and wonderered if when my 3 months is near ending we could walk into there and spend 2 months, then return to India ? Would we need Visas again ?

Cheers

Check out the VFS website, it tells you how to apply by courier / post.

India, whilst they do issue multiple entry Tourist Visas, will not let you leave and re-enter within 60 days effectively limiting the multiple visa to two entries.

I assume this has been done to stop people working on a TV. Unfortunately, in common with so many Indian laws, the undesirable side-effects far outweigh the benefits to the country. A classic example being the dance law in Bangalore. Intended to stamp out prostitution in 'dance bars' it has effectively extinguished the city's nightlife by banning all dancing except in licensed discos (and a 1 year disco licence can take 18 months to obtain).

Bangladesh is a separate visa being an independent country, start here http://bdembassybangkok.org/visa.html

Indian Embassies can be frustrating to do business with. Leave lots of time if possible.

Re: Bangladesh. Last year I attempted to get an Indian visa in Dhaka. All the paper work was in order, but I was turned down after being told everything was OK. The guy wouldn't give me a reason, it was just "No, you can't go to India".

Do we have to buy flight tickets before applying for Visa's ?

I don't think you need tickets I've never been asked for them but I use Business visas.

Indian immigration is no worse than anywhere else, indeed they are actually pretty efficient, can't speak for Chennai but Bengaluru, Mumbai and Delhi are OK unless you hit a bad time when lots of international flights arrive.

Applying via VFS isolates you from the embassy, a simple Tourist Visa should be no issue if your paperwork is in order, takes a week.

Applying and receiving a visa through VFS is an absolute breeze and thousands do it as you'll see when you visit the VFS office at the Glass House office address.

Go back to to the link I gave you a couple of days ago and follow the instructions and and you will have your visa and no you don't need to buy tickets ahead of time. Once you have your visa consider Jet Airways as they are an excellent Indian airline and they often have special prices and one I saw today was Mumbai for just a couple of thousand baht. Just wish they flew direct to Bangalore.

Enjoy India it's a fabulous country.

Just wish they flew direct to Bangalore.

Enjoy India it's a fabulous country.

Bangkok Airways now fly direct to BLR and are competitive with the Indian carries on price. Thai was always too expensive resulting in my skinflint Indian office trying to send me via such wonderful places as Kolkata until a cheaper direct flight became available.

I did look Crossy but the business class fare was only 6k less than Thai so I paid the extra this time and collected the miles which will give me enough for a Delhi flight.

Someone commented about immigration being a pain in India and I can't say I agree and it has nothing to do with business class as there are no fast track channels that I am aware of on arrival. I have flown from Bkk into Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore (Bengalaru the revised name) in the past 12 months and immigration has been a formality each time so not sure what brought that comment on. One final thing here if you havn't flown into India in the last 10 years or so your in for a pleasant surprise as Bangalore and Delhi have been rebuilt and are both excellent so hopefully Mumbai is next.

Enjoy

There is a fast track lane at Mumbai for business class arrivals. It is on far left of the immigration area and is well sign posted.

Have used it a number of times but, on more than a few occasions, service at the normal lanes has been faster so have moved over a lane or two to be served.

Hello go to glass house near Asoke station soi 23 for visas to india or plz check web india visas in Bangkok and they will guide you yes you can get a 3 month visa in Bangkok easy when you get visa post me if you have any problem i can help you in India post me if have problem in India

Visa applications are no longer handled by the Indian Embassy in Bangkok since October 25, 1997, but by a private outsourced company M/S. VFS (THAILAND) LTD. Don't bother going to the Embassy – as it is a waste of time. A traveller nicknamed Bandylegs was kind enough to share his experience with said company and give you handy tips in getting an Indian visa in Bangkok (link removed)

"They (the company) will not give you the application form over the counter. You have to go around the corner on Soi 23 to a very expensive internet cafe who rips you off good and proper. 60 baht for 1 hour on internet (which is how long the application will take to fill) and 15 baht for any print out black and white which is 5 baht anywhere else.

Cost: 7 copies (only needed 3) 165 baht to do application. Only print when it allows you back into the code for printing as this is the final copy which they will have registered on you. 60 baht for 1 hour on internet (30 baht elsewhere). 2 copies of passport, 2 photographs. Fill it out before you go! They will not let you through to the agency unless you have the form filled out through their website. You have to fill in everything, all the mandatory fields (and it will tell you if you haven't) once you clear the mandatory fields it will give you a code and you can then go back in under that code to print it. This is what the agency will accept from you. Do not print whilst doing it, as they do not accept this form. It is a completely different form when you print it through the code number they give you. At 15 baht a print at the internet around the corner, you are wasting money.

Important when filling out application form: You need telephone numbers and pin code of 2 Indian referees' addresses when filling out application form. You need post code of your own references for your own country and your employer with full telephone numbers. No spaces, no & or dashes or any symbols etc when filling it out. Full address pin code telephone number where staying in Bangkok.

Charges: 2,617 baht for British citizen applying for 6 months multiple entry. 165 baht for internet cafe (45 baht at other normal cafes)

Pick up Friday 5 pm. (5 working days). They will do it in 5 days, agencies do it in 7 working days. Agencies asked 3000 baht for 6 working days, 3,500 for 5 days. Cheapest was 2,900 baht for 7 days. More or less 300 baht commission charge on cheapest. The process seems to be that your application is then registered with the Indian embassy website, so they can see when you apply again, what information you gave the first time. So keep a record of it."

Thanks

Edited by 7by7
Link removed; forum rules do not allow links to other forums.