Mazda 3 "New" 2.0 Model

FarangBuddha

I like both the exterior and interior design of the Mazda 3 hatchback. I see on their website that there is a "new" 2.0 litre sized engine model on offer, along with the standard 1.6 litre variant. Does anyone here own this car and care to comment and what are the main safety and comfort differences between the two models?. The Mazda looks more updated than the Focus and a bit larger than the new Fiesta so would better fit my bill. Also, the website doesn't seem to provide the price for the 2.0 models...only the 1.6 at around 750-850k...anyone know the price for the 2.0s?

Thanks for any feedback.

The top of the range Mazda 3's price on their site says 1,069,000 bht. The new Mazda 2 will be in the showroom at Mukdahan tomorrow-Friday, to compare with the opposition.

Friend of mine had a Mazda 3 now sold it reason for selling he couldn't afford the petrol station to go with it.

The top of the range Mazda 3's price on their site says 1,069,000 bht. The new Mazda 2 will be in the showroom at Mukdahan tomorrow-Friday, to compare with the opposition.

Friend of mine had a Mazda 3 now sold it reason for selling he couldn't afford the petrol station to go with it.

I think the general assumption is if one can afford to buy a car in the first place, one has the means to gas it up, service it when necessary, and insure it. These costs just come with the territory of car ownership.

Im sure a few readers would be interested in his new purchase , that saves him buying PTT. A Scoopy perhaps. Is you friend a Thai , who seem generally pleased with them, or an Alien on a Pension.!!. I think a 1600cc Auto 5 Door does about 28. MPG. Im still no good with Communist Measures. My take is they are far more Chirpy Looking than Fords.biggrin.gif

I think the general assumption is if one can afford to buy a car in the first place, one has the means to gas it up, service it when necessary, and insure it. These costs just come with the territory of car ownership.

Maybe but when he had it we did a trip me in 3lt Fortuner 4 up+ luggage him in his Mazda3 3 up ditto. I used just under 2,200bt in fuel, him over 4,200bt admittedly mine is a diesel but 4,200bt+ EEEEEK There was a couple of more reasons why he sold it one the exhaust fell off another the rear suspension collapsed that bit was the last straw. Edited by fredob43

Maybe but when he had it we did a trip me in 3lt Fortuner 4 up+ luggage him in his Mazda3 3 up ditto. I used just under 2,200bt in fuel, him over 4,200bt admittedly mine is a diesel but 4,200bt+ EEEEEK

Hello Bob, sorry Mate but i can resist it. At least he didn't Shimmy and Roll for his 42000.Bht. Neither did you fully loaded of course. No Benzine Cars can match a Toyo when they are ladened. But this is about Mazda, and i think for nipping to Lotus in the one illustrated looks just the job. Being an Old Misery, i still cant overlook Hondas 120 BHp City for value.biggrin.gif

Maybe but when he had it we did a trip me in 3lt Fortuner 4 up+ luggage him in his Mazda3 3 up ditto. I used just under 2,200bt in fuel, him over 4,200bt admittedly mine is a diesel but 4,200bt+ EEEEEK There was a couple of more reasons why he sold it one the exhaust fell off another the rear suspension collapsed that bit was the last straw.

Interesting comparison there on fuel...I wonder what the same trip would look like when the diesel subsidies come off? That's really great that you get an almost 50% cost savings using diesel and with a much heavier vehicle. The Mazdas come out as the same plant as the Ford Focus/Fiesta so assume the quality problems with your friend's car were a one-off.

Interesting comparison there on fuel...I wonder what the same trip would look like when the diesel subsidies come off? That's really great that you get an almost 50% cost savings using diesel and with a much heavier vehicle. The Mazdas come out as the same plant as the Ford Focus/Fiesta so assume the quality problems with your friend's car were a one-off.

What diesel subsidy? The only fuels subsidised by the oil fund (or in any way) in Thailand at the moment are Gasohol 91, Gasohol 95 and E85.

Back to the topic, when the 'new' Mazda3 came out a few months ago, I was eager to test drive - Mrs MRO has always had a thing for the 3, but no way was I going to buy the old model (which is still sold in 1.6L form), as styling was pretty much the only thing it had going for it...

What a let-down though - to me it just feels like the old model in a new skin. Road noise and NVH were so bad that it's just a complete non-starter for our household. Mind you, compared to a Civic it's a close call, but taming noise isn't Honda's strong suit either...

Hi, I had the Mazda 3, 2.0 sport saloon a couple of years back before I left UK, I suppose there are a few differences to the "new model" thats out now but I must say I really enjoyed driving the car, returning somewhere around the mid 20 mpg, but that isn't much of a comparison as it depends how the car is driven, but for what my opinion is worth I found the Mazda 2.0 ltr engine to be a nippy and reliable motor

Hi, I had the Mazda 3, 2.0 sport saloon a couple of years back before I left UK, I suppose there are a few differences to the "new model" thats out now but I must say I really enjoyed driving the car, returning somewhere around the mid 20 mpg, but that isn't much of a comparison as it depends how the car is driven, but for what my opinion is worth I found the Mazda 2.0 ltr engine to be a nippy and reliable motor

The old model was a reasonably sharp handler (the new one is a little softer, but not by much), and the 2.0L is peppy, but dam_n thirsty for car in that class.

The motoring press were all so busy thrashing the guts out of their testers (and having fun doing it) that none of them ever slowed down enough to notice that it was just as noisy and harsh when cruising, so it pretty much always got great reviews as a result ;)

I might be being a little harsh on it (I can't stand noisy cars), so YMMV...

The old model was a reasonably sharp handler (the new one is a little softer, but not by much), and the 2.0L is peppy, but dam_n thirsty for car in that class.

The motoring press were all so busy thrashing the guts out of their testers (and having fun doing it) that none of them ever slowed down enough to notice that it was just as noisy and harsh when cruising, so it pretty much always got great reviews as a result ;)

I will give Mazda a bit of a thumb's up when his suspension went at less than 10,000km he was some 200km from his home they sent peep's from BKK to repair same the next day and paid for his hotel bill, two night's + food.