Visa For Vietnam

Hi,

I'm planning to go to Vietnam for under a week so I have two questions:

1.Do I need to apply for visa to vietnam? also Im from Australia if any one asks

2. How much will it cost for visa and where should I apply for it and how long does it take?

s I have spoken to many people, some say you dont need visa and on the other hand some say I do thats why iI not go there a few years agao, as i\I was running out of time before heading back to Australia.

Cheers

Shannon

Apply at the Vietnamese embassy on Wireless Rd. - it's a short walk south from Sukhumwit Rd., on the left. The entrance is a rather unprepossessing metal door.

Visa application instructions on the embassy website at http://www.vietnamembassy-thailand.org/en/nr070521170031/

I believe it typically takes 4 days for them to issue a visa, but you can pay extra for express service.

Online is the way to as Challenger says, fast, easy and cheap/er, at least cheaper than getting one in Australia, almost half price.

You receive email approval for US$20 charged to credit card/PayPal, and then pay US$25 on arrival for stamping. Those prices were current two months ago.

If you google Vietnam Visa you'll have a choice of agencies you can use, and prices don't vary much.

When I was last there I had two copies of the form and two photos as required online, but immigration needed only one.

you need a visa except you are a citizens from an ASEAN member country.

Here I always order my visa, already 9 times and it is fast and cheap.

Here you get all information on a easy and simple way

www.myvietnam.info/

Not quite right, citizens of Finland do not require a visa for stays less than 14 days.

There may also be similar agreements for former communist and east block countries.

you need a visa except you are a citizens from an ASEAN member country.

Here I always order my visa, already 9 times and it is fast and cheap.

Here you get all information on a easy and simple way

www.myvietnam.info/

Not quite right, citizens of Finland do not require a visa for stays less than 14 days.

There may also be similar agreements for former communist and east block countries.

Vietnam Visa Exemption:

• Not more than 30 days: for citizens of Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Laos.
  • Not more than 15 days: for citizens of Japan and South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland.jap.gif

Apply at the Vietnamese embassy on Wireless Rd. - it's a short walk south from Sukhumwit Rd., on the left. The entrance is a rather unprepossessing metal door.

Visa application instructions on the embassy website at http://www.vietnamem...nr070521170031/

I believe it typically takes 4 days for them to issue a visa, but you can pay extra for express service.

USE CAREFULLY the instruction are from 2007 ...... better take info from www.myvietnam.info/ they are up to date !!!

The short answer is -yes you need a visa.If you are actually in Australia,and are flying in to Saigon or Hanoi,you can apply online for the pre-approved visa,which other posters are referring to.There are plenty of threads on how to do this,and there are several companies that do it.You can ONLY use this pre-approved visa if you are flying in,NOT at a land border.Or,you can apply to a Vietnamese Embassy or consulate in Australia in person or by post,this is more expensive than the first way.If you are going to be in Bangkok,you can go to the Vietnamese Embassy in Wireless Road,and do it yourself.If you want the visa the next day it's a bit more expensive,or you can wait the 4 days if you have the time.The info on the embassy website might have been put there 4 years ago,but it hasn't changed,it's still correct. Alternatively,if you are entering Vietnam from a neighbouring country,i.e Cambodia or Laos,you can get a visa at the Vietnamese Consulate there,it's the cheapest,quickest and easiest way.

• 2 months later...