Childcare In Chiang Mai

Chuckler

You mean like a nanny to stay at your place, or a kindergarten/nursery to take the kids to?

I think the latter (nurseries and kinderkartens) are good options. Often you could arrange something temporary, so not having to pay for a full term.

They really learn a lot in the process too, quite amazing.

You mean like a nanny to stay at your place, or a kindergarten/nursery to take the kids to?

I think the latter (nurseries and kinderkartens) are good options. Often you could arrange something temporary, so not having to pay for a full term.

kindergartens and nurseries sound awesome. are there any favoured amongst the expat community as "the best"?

kindergartens and nurseries sound awesome. are there any favoured amongst the expat community as "the best"?

Depends on the area of town you are staying. You probably wont want a long drive every day, and when they are young they wont want to be there all day.

Depends on the area of town you are staying. You probably wont want a long drive every day, and when they are young they wont want to be there all day.

Thanks for your reply. We'll be staying around Kad Suan Kaew, but anywhere would be acceptable if it was good enough. The 3yo needs Thai immersion since his mother won't speak it with him for some reason, but that's another thread.

Have a look around and find one you feel comfortable with. At age three, if it was my child I'd hope the nursery spent most of the day making things, being creative, with less time spent learning to love Thailand and singing the national anthem.

A little arithmetic and basic reading skills should be picked up by age 6.

You might try Suan Noi it is in that neighborhood however they are selective. It is a Thai nursery though not a bilingual or international. There are literaly hundreds to choose from. Just spend some time checking out. Most will require the kid to do a 1-2 week trial period that is half day. Kind of an adjustment period.