I've Met This Great Woman!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it so happens she didn't call last night, but I had my mind on other things.

I was at a party in Phrom Phong at an apartment more expensive than mine, rubbing shoulders with people richer than me, being flattered by women I'd never sleep with, being given flashy business cards of people I'd never call, pretending my job was more important than it is and hoping that they wouldn't spot my recently acquired cheap watch, and the call never came.

The phone did ring at 0838 this morning and it was a number I didn't recognise - her mobile number.

She apologised for not calling and asked if I had tried to call her.

I explained that I hadn't because I was at a Thanksgiving party which is some American equivalent to pancake day but without pancakes.

I said I would call later and that I was free and that she should replace her pissy robin with me.

I will see her today for the first time since I last saw her three days ago.

I see you've finally cottoned on to the "From: you ##### <deleted>" thing. I was just about to warn you, honest...

That was me, but I thought it may be viewed dimly by the powers that be.

You're a CARNIE, who cares. When are you going to get a real JOB when you have to do something more than spout your mouth off.

This is NOT an attack on the BOY, he just needs to GROW UP

Why do I have to grow up? ...We have never met but I don't criticise you or tell you to ditch your handlebar moustache.

Please do tell me why I need to grow up.

I have an interesting life with many ups and downs and I have a good job if not an unreliable one and last night the magnificant woman stayed over. :o

Sort your own life out Kringle and your opinions on people you don't know.

You can use The Gentleman Scamp as a basis to pass judgement on me about as much as you can use Randall P McMurphy as a basis to pass judgement on Jack Nicholson.

She rang about 9pm and we were discussing meeting today but I wanted to pop over and see her for a drink and to my surprise she said she'd come here.

We had a nice evening and took things slow, and although we had fun we didn't go all the way so my judgement appears to be correct.

This morning I woke up with my head in silicone valley and we watched a rubbish movie on Cinemax before having breakfast on the roof by the pool.

She just got a taxi and we will meet again later and maybe see King Kong if it's out yet, we'll just show up.

Don't know if it's because of the age difference or what but she still refers to me as a friend which is a good sign that she's not one to rush in and is somebody who is realistic.

Scampy, your motivation for this still eludes me. Do you actually want to be with this woman because you like her that much and want to forge a real relationship? Or are you looking for a person to kill time with while you're in LOS temporarily? After all, you are just there on a temp basis because of your job. :o

about as much as you can use Randall P McMurphy as a basis to pass judgement on Jack Nicholson.

:D I've just lost all my respect for Jack Nicholson :o And what harm was it if I was fooled? It's not like I would ever have met Jack Nicholson and been let down...

BTW, do you have any real reason to believe she isn't married? Would you care?

I dont think robins would survive the heat over there, they are really winter birds.  It may be a sparrowy thing.

At least in Finland robins are not overwintering species. I never seen robins in Thailand but I'm sure they survive the heat not the coldness. Robins eat mainly insects that are rare when temperature gets below zero celcius.

She rang about 9pm and we were discussing meeting today but I wanted to pop over and see her for a drink and to my surprise she said she'd come here.

We had a nice evening and took things slow, and although we had fun we didn't go all the way so my judgement appears to be correct.

This morning I woke up with my head in silicone valley and we watched a rubbish movie on Cinemax before having breakfast on the roof by the pool.

She just got a taxi and we will meet again later and maybe see King Kong if it's out yet, we'll just show up.

Don't know if it's because of the age difference or what but she still refers to me as a friend which is a good sign that she's not one to rush in and is somebody who is realistic.

Didnt go all the way??? So there was something going on more than just being mates? :o

Well, it's her loss - I'm meeting a guy from the Bangkok Post and his wife for dinner at the Holiday Inn and she could have joined us but now she can't - I'm not <deleted>*king calling her now, the sucess or failure of this thread depends on her doing her bit also, otherwise how can this story write itself.  :o

Who said romance is dead? :D

Well, it's her loss - I'm meeting a guy from the Bangkok Post and his wife for dinner at the Holiday Inn and she could have joined us but now she can't - I'm not <deleted>*king calling her now, the sucess or failure of this thread depends on her doing her bit also, otherwise how can this story write itself.  :o

Who said romance is dead? :D

:D:D:D:D

long live barbara scampy cartland.

that just about sums up this daft story , the mother of all non events.

its like the bilge found on the back few pages of a third rate d-list tv programme listing and celebrity mag given away for free at the checkouts at a wall mart or asda.

the name dropping ........ bangkok post , holiday inn , 7-11 , :D

the poor bint must be foaming at the crotch at the excitement of it all.

picked up in a sleazy alley and pulled from the gutter by scampy , saved from a life of whatever it was she was doing , and shown the other side of life. the glitter , the bling , the silky sheets , the caffe lattes , the international embassy crowd with those chocolates in the gold foil piled up on the silver platter.

meeting his friend , the bangkok post sozzled falang hack with his 50b a day expense account and his putrid wife (it wasnt trink was it ? ), the sports pages , the travel section , the andy capp cartoon.

the all you can eat 175b holiday inn buffet lunch.

another beer and packet of fags from 7-11.

the stained plastic upholstery and humid fug of a bangkok cab.

she could of had it all , if only she would have phoned him.

the fact that we all are actually reading it and replying should tell us all we need to know about the dumbing down of thai visa too.

Edited by taxexile

I dont think robins would survive the heat over there, they are really winter birds.  It may be a sparrowy thing.

I never seen robins in Thailand but I'm sure they survive the heat not the coldness.

Robins are pretty common in Thailand. They're black and white here though. http://thailandbirding.com/gallery-jorge/m...agpie-robin.htm

Hark at the sound of coconuts...