Floating Pop Up Ads

nattydread

i brought a new acer computer back from uk last week running windows 7.............,i made the copy discs and downloaded all the updates and it works great except for one thing......

when i go on some websites i get these floating ads for ipad 2 in thai language and other thai ads (see pic)

i am running Kaspersky 2011 security(fully updated) but it finds nothing

i use internet explorer 8 but also tried downloading google chrome and using that but the ads are still there

i have an old xp machine running IE8 and that has no problem with ads

can anyone help and are these ads dangerous as i plan to use internet banking on this computer

thanks

just to ad that i do not have any problem with the ads that run on thai visa as they are part of the site............the ones i am talking about are things that shouldnt be there...........who ever heard of thai ads on the uk daily mail website?

post-92214-0-83429300-1323349835_thumb.p

Edited by nattydread

They are part of the Daily Mail website, I just repeated them using Opera 11. The ads are supposed to be targeted at the viewer, so show up differently for different people. As you're IP is based in Thailand, they assume you read Thai language.

Check Facebook as well, Thai language. Nothing wrong with your computer.

You can hide them with adblocking ways, but unfortunately ThaiVisa doesn't like us to talk about that......

Post removed due to this forum rule.

11) Our contracts with our advertisers prohibit comments with regard to advertisements which appear on our forums. Such comments should not be posted and will be removed. Discussion of software or other methods to block advertisements is not allowed.

If you would like us to take a look for anything that shouldn't be there, post a HijackThis log.

Download and save both the Installer and the executable of HijackThis and use the Quick Start guide to enable you to produce a log for posting here. You'll need to install(the installer) and run the(.exe as Administrator by right clicking on the downloaded .exe file and choosing 'Run as Administrator once downloaded and saved.)

I have this problem with floating advertising banners when i use the TV forum Iphone application.

The advertising banner is straight over the text of the topic. :angry:

Scrolling down doesn’t clear it.

Is this a problem of the mobile version of TV forum ?