Bartending In Pattaya

win2

Hi,

I was just wondering if it is possible to get a bartending or managing job in Pattaya. I curently manage a successful bar here in the US. I don't speek Thai. If it is possible what kind of money is it possible to make? Will I be able to make enough money to support myself?

Thanks for your help,

Win

I dont think many bars in pattaya are "Managed".

They just sell beer and spirits.

Jeez even in the five star hotels you cant get a decent cocktail.

Answer re making a decent living.

Highly unlikely.

Hi,

I was just wondering if it is possible to get a  bartending or managing job in Pattaya.  I curently manage a successful bar here in the US.  I don't speek Thai.  If it is possible what kind of money is it possible to make?  Will I be able to make enough money to support myself?

Thanks for your help,     

Win

Hi,

I was just wondering if it is possible to get a  bartending or managing job in Pattaya.  I curently manage a successful bar here in the US.  I don't speek Thai.  If it is possible what kind of money is it possible to make?  Will I be able to make enough money to support myself?

Thanks for your help,     

Win

i would love to comment on this post , but every time i try i fall off my chair laughing ,

Reminds me of the Swedish dude in the book, "Hello darling...." (The book about the letters between farangs and bar girls)...This Swedish guy writes to his "love"..that he would like to come back to Thailand to stay with her, and he could become a Tuk Tuk driver, because he knows Bangkok really well and he is a really good driver( like in the film Rainman? :D )..... :o

Research is of the essence here..check what you are getting into before making the big jump....no job=no money=undesired status in Thailand= no women= no fun......Bartending does wear you down, certainly in these parts.... :D

Edited by pluto_manibo

Hi,

Thanks for your help,     

Win

i would love to comment on this post , but every time i try i fall off my chair laughing ,

Ditto!!!! :o

Thanks for your responses. I have friends that moved to Costa Rica and are bartending and making a livable wage. I was just wondering if it was possible in Thailand also. Doesn't sound like it. It's not that I want to bartend but I have a lot of expierence in it. I make a better bartender than a English teacher.

Thanks,

Win

Thanks for your responses.  I have friends that moved to Costa Rica and are bartending and making a livable wage.  I was just wondering if it was possible in Thailand also.  Doesn't sound like it.  It's not that I want to bartend but I have a lot of expierence in it.  I make a better bartender than a English teacher.     

Thanks,

Win

Costa Rica irrelevant to Thailand.

Costa Rica=Costa Rica Thailand=Thailand not samesame.

You are not allowed to do work in Thailand that can be done by a Thai.

Thais are adept at opening beer bottles and mixing cocktails.

Just come to enjoy a holiday and leave it at that.

"Thais are adept at opening beer bottles and mixing cocktails'

Never found a decent cocktail in Thailand.

Usualy a very poor imitiation of what you get in the west.

Biggest problem always a lack of ice.

Thanks for your responses.  I have friends that moved to Costa Rica and are bartending and making a livable wage.  I was just wondering if it was possible in Thailand also.  Doesn't sound like it.  It's not that I want to bartend but I have a lot of expierence in it.  I make a better bartender than a English teacher.      

Thanks,

Win

Costa Rica irrelevant to Thailand.

Costa Rica=Costa Rica Thailand=Thailand not samesame.

You are not allowed to do work in Thailand that can be done by a Thai.

Thais are adept at opening beer bottles and mixing cocktails.

Just come to enjoy a holiday and leave it at that.

Speaking of 'cocktails,' the service girls in all of the bars have a zillion cock tales to tell. :o

.............and not only that, when a guy gets a bar these girls are more than competent to take care of it :D

Snoophound also mentioned 'opening beer bottles.' I've seen some talented girls do this in most unusual ways. :D

Unfortunately, these girls get a pittance for their talented services, so I think the OP should look for a more lucrative way of making money.

Speaking of 'cocktails,' the service girls in all of the bars have a zillion cock tales to tell.  :o

.............and not only that, when a guy gets a bar these girls are more than competent to take care of it  :D

Snoophound also mentioned 'opening beer bottles.'  I've seen some talented girls do this in most unusual ways.  :D

Unfortunately, these girls get a pittance for their talented services, so I think the OP should look for a more lucrative way of making money.

Like I said, they can get Thais to do these things.

OK, whose fantasy about living in LoS is next?

Aaaww bwess him!

He didn't know thats why he was asking, at least he asked guys! It probably saved you many posts about him stuggling in a bar in Thailand  :o

Ice, is it only you or somebody else is using your account?

It's too much for a 17 yrs old girl, can't belive it.

BTW, what does the management of this site have to say about an underage attending the web site that could be categorized as, at least, "parental guidance"?

Aaaww bwess him!

He didn't know thats why he was asking, at least he asked guys! It probably saved you many posts about him stuggling in a bar in Thailand  :D

BTW, what does the management of this site have to say about an underage attending the web site that could be categorized as, at least, "parental guidance"?

I am really seventeen.

And the minimum age to join is thirteen so it isn't underage is it? :o

If one´s a really, really good bartender with some reputation and the will to learn Thai why shouldn´t there be a chance to work as a consultant and coach.Thailand wants to attract the upper market and knows about the lack of education to serve this market.

If you´re good in what you are doing and believe in yourself, find your nishe and run a business.

There was a farang guy working the bar at the Conrad Hotel in Bangkok last time I went. Maybe there is a way of getting some bartending work at some high class type place if you are exceptional at making cocktails. I'd imagine you would have to have some good contacts though.

Edited by StateSix

rather than be a bar tender for some other greedy sod why not open a beer bar of your own.

Pattaya is crying out for low budget bars with nothing to offer but techno techno techno and girls who never takeno takeno takeno (for an answer).

If it works send a cut of the profits to me @ Kurgenshunglikeabull.com. :o

Every one knows that a bar tender has to top up his meagre wages by short changing the customers , and i don't care what part of the world some one is from they would never be able to rob you like the Thais do

Next we will have some one saying there the best toilet cleaner in the world and can they come to Thailand and talk a load of sh*t

Aaaww bwess him!

He didn't know thats why he was asking, at least he asked guys! It probably saved you many posts about him stuggling in a bar in Thailand  :D

TTM, so you're still doing the rounds on the Thai websites eh ? I remember your days on another Thai board as a mod, what a farce that was. Don't see you round there much nowadays, wonder why ?

"BTW, what does the management of this site have to say about an underage attending the web site that could be categorized as, at least, "parental guidance"?

Good lord man, get a life. Its hardly BKKtonite here is it ? I've f*ckin heard it all now :o

Hi,

Thanks for your help,     

Win

A fair question....

But the answer....No way....

Buy yourself a small bar (cheapest for best),if you are still open in a year,it will be the 8th wonder of the world.

Too many bars in Pattaya and too much competition.

Guys, you took a piss over the OP, I'm joining you all.

IMO, it just shows how irrelevant and ignorant America has become.

The OP has plotted something in his mind and just ask "how much" for me being an American.

America has become ignorent cos some American guy wants to open a bar in Pattars?

Have I missed something? :o

Guys, you took a piss over the OP, I'm joining you all.

IMO, it just shows how irrelevant and ignorant America has become.

The OP has plotted something in his mind and just ask "how much" for me being an American.

America has become ignorent cos some American guy wants to open a bar in Pattars?

Have I missed something? :o

You sure have the OP was wondering if he could work at bartending or managing. :D