Satellite Debris Falls On Thai-Cambodian Border: Thai Defence Minister

webfact

Wow I'm at a loss - are these top military officers really that ignorant or is this a clumsy PR attempt by some government agency facilitated by what could only be described as inept journalism and a deliberately undereducated populace?

Are you talking about American media and stupified population in general or Barry from Hawaii specifically??

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks nothing like a satellite, which are norally made from very light construction, I used to build them. More like fuselage of an old plane. A low-earth orbit satellite is geo-stationary, but they don't tend to just fall vertically from their position if a defunct one falls back to earth.

If I may, a low-earth orbit (~200-300 miles) at (~17,000 miles per hour) is not geo-stationary. Geo-stationary orbits are 22,500 miles. However, you are correct that in both cases, they never fall vertically down. The geo-stationary orbits will decay first, causing them to have great speed also. The point is that if this was a satellite (which I doubt also based on footage I saw on Thai TV, because it looked like heavy steel construction) then it could have belonged to any country in the world. To me it looked like (ocean) ship parts that had seen an explosion, and I wondered if the whole thing was a hoax... or just a countryside dumping ground

We are not alone in the universe -- and alien life forms may have a lot more in common with life on Earth than we had previously thought . We have invited 100 experts and have issued a general invitation to over 5,000 scientists from the scientific community come to Thailand, the chief says. According to Space.com, Russia's troubled, toxic fuel-loaded Phobos-Grunt spacecraft, which is stuck in low-Earth orbit due to an engine failure rather than on its way to Mars, appears to be doomed, with small pieces of the wayward probe already falling to Earth.post-57639-0-95011000-1324699440_thumb.j

Satellite parts do not use bolts (see in photos). They use welding.

Those parts looks like old soviet tanks.

It's quite obvious what it is!!! It's debris from one of Thaksin's old Shincorp satellites - he doesn't go away does he!!!!!jap.gif.

Wow I'm at a loss - are these top military officers really that ignorant or is this a clumsy PR attempt by some government agency facilitated by what could only be described as inept journalism and a deliberately undereducated populace?

YES on all accounts - it is probably to deflect attention away from "Thaksin's amnesty". Next up is a personal visit by 'the real and authentic santa to deliver a christmas present to Thaksin - Ohh sorry!!! that's already happened, I believe they gave him a small thin blue book with his photo in it as an early christmas present. He was absolutely delighted with such a simple gift reportedly, as they took it from him about two years ago apparently!!!!

"I used to build them". ........................"A low-earth orbit satellite is geo-stationary"

Geostationary orbit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geostationary_orbit - Cached

A geostationary orbit, or Geostationary Earth Orbit (GEO), is a circular orbit 35786 km (22236 mi) above the Earth's equator and following the direction of the...........

Yeah, I used to design 'em too - on the back of an envelope - Nasa always paid me millions for my designs, check 'em out at the Smithsonian -

Edited by Screws

Looks nothing like a satellite, which are norally made from very light construction, I used to build them. More like fuselage of an old plane. A low-earth orbit satellite is geo-stationary, but they don't tend to just fall vertically from their position if a defunct one falls back to earth.

geo-stationary are at very high orbits, not low orbits

It's probably debris from a Chinese rocket, they have at least one launching facility directly to the North of Thailand, on a polar orbit launch the path from the Xichang launching site may cross over Vietnam, Laos, Thailand and Cambodia; although it probably would be aimed to go across the Tonkin Gulf, so that the discarded stages fall in the sea.

Mind you, it was probably a military launch so we shouldn't expect China to say a word.

For those of you who have been relating this story to the satellite debris that came out in the news yesterday in Namibia, thinking it might be the same satellite... Follow the links to the actual source article.

"The ball, which has no markings, has a circumference of 110cm and made a loud exploding sound when it landed in late November in the Omusati region, a relatively populated part of the vast southern African nation."

It just came out in the news but it crashed about a month ago. Can't be the same satellite.

For those of you who have been relating this story to the satellite debris that came out in the news yesterday in Namibia, thinking it might be the same satellite... Follow the links to the actual source article.

"The ball, which has no markings, has a circumference of 110cm and made a loud exploding sound when it landed in late November in the Omusati region, a relatively populated part of the vast southern African nation."

It just came out in the news but it crashed about a month ago. Can't be the same satellite.

It could have been a 3G satellite. It just arrived in Thailand a lot later than it did in Africa.