Pimp A Wave :)

cornishcarlos

10k could gain a fair bit of performance out of it but would sacrifice the engines drive-ability and longevity, i would expect a 50% gain in power if the shop knows what they are doing and increases the engine's capacity too.

Or keep the Wave and the 10k could go towards a down payment for a Kawasaki Ninja 250 or a Honda CBR150, judging by the topic of this thread it's safe to assume you want a faster bike, so maybe it would be better to buy one that was engineered to be a sporty bike from the word go and by that i don't just mean faster but one that has better brakes, suspension and tyres etc etc smile.gif

Karl smile.gif

Edited by karlos

When it's for fun why don't you build something like this:

post-143096-0-61906700-1324690604_thumb.

or this:post-143096-0-57638900-1324690647_thumb.

Though you problaly will spent a lot more then 10K rolleyes.gif

Not so long ago i saw an add on Thaivisa from a wave 125 claiming to have the same power as a 250 bike.and a topspeed of 160 km.

I sometimes like the Thai tuning style ( is that strange?? ermm.gif ) some local guys around here spent a lot of momey on there Wave's, Nova's and Dash's and some of them look nice.

As a fun project i builded a dragbike lookalike from a old Honda Tena i got for free

i spend 5k on it and out of all of my bikes it is the most popular among the local youngsters here.

post-143096-0-67712900-1324691707_thumb.

post-143096-0-48152700-1324692170_thumb.

After rebuilding my NSR i'm thinking of turning an old Wave into a chopper.

Good luck with your project.

Bigger carb,CDI, NGK platinum plug, non catalyst downpipe, Castrol Power 1,disable the PAIR valve, better tires.

Not forget the most important, a decent camshaft (only 800-1000Bt), all together lot's of "extra power"

Not so long ago i saw an add on Thaivisa from a wave 125 claiming to have the same power as a 250 bike.and a topspeed of 160 km

Not sure about the Wave, but for Fino/Mio there are BigBore Kits up to 300cc available!

Together with a bigger carb/cam/exhaust and a modified variator...160 Km/h is easily reachable (but who wants this on a Fino...tongue.png )

My Mio 125RR@160cc, Cam, mod. exhaust+variator, but standard carb (except bigger main jet) does the 140 (GPS) with no problems.

Never checked the limit, cause 140 on a Mio is nothing for pussies...But the acceleration is great.

PS: parts were bought from panom racing

Edited by vel_tins

Sell it and use the money you get plus the 10k and buy yourself a TZM or NSR.

boring, very boring...it seems the OP wants to start a "fun-project". Not sure if a 15 year old rusty and thirsty 2 stroke fits his needs...

Maybe he don't like to use a clutch.. :D

I don't understand comments like: "sell and buy this or this..".

Some people just want to have fun and pimp their existing bikes.

(Like me)

I go for the stealth look and destroy unsuspecting victims.ph34r.png

My favorites things to prey on are Dtrackers and DZM 400's with loud pipes.

Must approach Ninja 250's and ER6n's with caution. CBR 250's i dont even waste time on anymore...lol

Has anyone else noticed the increasing number of new Ninja 250's in CNX?