Good Pizza Places--Pizza Company Ugh!

gguy

I'd second the suggestion to try Scoozi but I can sympathize with the OP for braving Pizza Co. It's always been bad but I've really seen it decline over the past 5 years. It's like a reflection of the global economic downturn; 5 years ago you could order a stuffed crust in Pizza Co. and it would be like a second-rate Pizza Hut, fine for party food at least. Yet now, there's no more parmesan dispensers on the tables, the dough is as cheap as possible, you can see they are using less ingredient, toppings and even less quality in things like the sauces; the onion rings are puny. And they increased their prices. Sign of the times.

I'd second the suggestion to try Scoozi but I can sympathize with the OP for braving Pizza Co. It's always been bad but I've really seen it decline over the past 5 years. It's like a reflection of the global economic downturn; 5 years ago you could order a stuffed crust in Pizza Co. and it would be like a second-rate Pizza Hut, fine for party food at least. Yet now, there's no more parmesan dispensers on the tables, the dough is as cheap as possible, you can see they are using less ingredient, toppings and even less quality in things like the sauces; the onion rings are puny. And they increased their prices. Sign of the times.

Yeah, they really have declined since I first ate there. On the other hand they seem more popular than ever, so it seems to be working for them. Thais generally don't use the parmesan and they drench the pizza with ketchup anyway, so it doesn't matter if they skimp on cheese, sauce, or ingredients.

And yeah I like Scoozi too. The best of the chain pizza joints in Thailand and they deliver too.

Edited by DP25

The pizza at italian job @ villa ari is pretty good, at lunch they're 50% off so instead of paying say 300 baht it's only 150 baht...taste much better than the pizza co. and it's kinda dead in there during lunch..most of the other menu items are kind of a ripoff but a pizza for around 150 baht is a good deal...

i usually get the bolognese it taste good to me i tried the pesto it wasn't as good..whatever they have a lot of diff kinds to choose from, the prices are different for each one tho...anyways 50% off at lunch everyday

305239_10150285025978819_500858818_7581842_1699993_n.jpg

Edited by ihunnieibee

Scoozi is a good tip.

But real good pizza and nice atmosphere (though no elevated roads): Big Mama at Asoke. Excellent value for money!

I went and liked this place few years ago. Then came back last month and was quite disappointed by the overall quality of the food. Definitely not the best pizza in Bangkok.

Scoozi is a good tip.

But real good pizza and nice atmosphere (though no elevated roads): Big Mama at Asoke. Excellent value for money!

I went and liked this place few years ago. Then came back last month and was quite disappointed by the overall quality of the food. Definitely not the best pizza in Bangkok.

Well...I like it!

By far the most repeated topic on tv is 'best pizza', see that search button-please give it a try, it won't bite smile.png

Where's the best lasagne in Bangkok James?

Come on you owe me for all that glory et al.....

Best 'homestyle' lasagna I have had was at dukes in emporium.

I only eat Pizza company at the airport because frankly it and Burger King have been the best food once through immigration. This says more about the quality of the other eateries in the airport than about these two places as I don't touch them when not at the airport.

I only eat Pizza company at the airport because frankly it and Burger King have been the best food once through immigration. This says more about the quality of the other eateries in the airport than about these two places as I don't touch them when not at the airport.

There's a place selling pizza by the slice by D or E...I can't remember but if you add the fixin's its better than Pizza company at least...not saying its good by the way but beggars an all that...

By far the most repeated topic on tv is 'best pizza', see that search button-please give it a try, it won't bite smile.png

Where's the best lasagne in Bangkok James?

Come on you owe me for all that glory et al.....

Best 'homestyle' lasagna I have had was at dukes in emporium.

Thanks James I will report back shortly. wink.png

See, the thing is,in spite of your snarky, 'can't wait to say something snide' remark, pizza places come and go, so a new thread is useful, bot for finding new places, and for avoiding places that are long gone.

So, see that sock? Put it in and resist the temptation to tell others what to do, by adding posts devoid of useful info.

BTW, +1 on Bella Napoli - first class.

See, the thing is,in spite of your snarky, 'can't wait to say something snide' remark, pizza places come and go, so a new thread is useful, bot for finding new places, and for avoiding places that are long gone.

So, see that sock? Put it in and resist the temptation to tell others what to do, by adding posts devoid of useful info.

Sateev a big merry christmas and happy new year to you to!

Ok, let's play pick the best pizza again-while totally subjective and in that sense of no real value, I like l'opera.

The best? Well until the italian, ny/chicago experts show up and tell us so, we will have to just wait for confirmation because although it tasted like the best, without their stamp of approval, it may be only number 38.

Sateev a big merry christmas and happy new year to you to!

Ok, let's play pick the best pizza again-while totally subjective and in that sense of no real value, I like l'opera.

The best? Well until the italian, ny/chicago experts show up and tell us so, we will have to just wait for confirmation because although it tasted like the best, without their stamp of approval, it may be only number 38.

I can't believe they haven't seen it yet!!

Perhaps they are circling far above...just waiting for one of us to say something like...oh...I dunno...deep dish pizzas are all a soggy mess....or thin crust is cheaper if you just use a Jacob's cracker and a slice of cheese and some salami from Foodland.

Try PizzazZ on Sukhumvit 22, across the fire station. It's a bit up from the main drag, but this could be actually a good news, as tourists never make it up that far. In my opinion they have the best crust I ever had, and the Buffalo Wings are as close as you can get it in the States. I am not sure if they are running any promotions now, but they used to have buy one get one free......

http://www.pizzazz.co.th/Pages/default.aspx

Try PizzazZ on Sukhumvit 22, across the fire station. It's a bit up from the main drag, but this could be actually a good news, as tourists never make it up that far. In my opinion they have the best crust I ever had, and the Buffalo Wings are as close as you can get it in the States. I am not sure if they are running any promotions now, but they used to have buy one get one free......

http://www.pizzazz.c...es/default.aspx

You're not sure if your own restaurant has a deal on offer? Finger on the pulse eh....rolleyes.gif

Edit: Anyway the menu looks pretty good. Where are the prices?

Edited by smokie36

Scoozi is a good tip.

Well...I like it!

I must agree Mama's is EXCELLENT, the place is inbetween soi 19 and 21 ( Asoke ) another 2 are Lemoncello in Suk 11 and another I found recently at beleive or not the Mecure in Soi 22 its call viva vino, both EXCELLENT and all near BTS all are around the same price. note: viva vino was running a 2 for 1 offer during Nov and also 2 for 1 beers all day and night so that was incredible value...