Motorbike License With Non-Imm Education Visa?

Learned

I'm in Thailand on a non-immigration education visa and would like to know if it is possible to get a motorbike license?

If so how does one go about it in Bangkok and what is the test requirements for a foreigner?

Do you need to speak Thai?

I do not hold a license from any other country (or own a bike).

Thanks.

Yes, and not only that, but as a holder of a 1 year visa like ED, you will get a 5-6 year valid license next time you apply as extension, if you have ED then that is. First time you take it is only 1 year valid tho

Go to the Chiang Mai forum there is a topic about getting a licenses. I was at Chiang Mai licenses bureau before 1830 but wasn't finished until 1500. In Chiang Mai they give you a booklet to study before the test. Its not hard you will need to rent a scooter and if you have a car licenses they will convert automatic.

drive on a 10 meter balance beam then ride around a carpark at about 10 kmph and stop at 3 red traffic lights ,if you can do that without falling off ,your qualified to drive ANY bike in thailand :)

after the test you pay 100 thb and get your picture taken ,licence ready about 10 minutes later

Is it possible to get a motorbike license with a 30 day entry stamp. Getting tired of being on the lookout for check points. What would be the easiest minimun visa requirement????? I have an international driving permit for a car if that helps.

Is it possible to get a motorbike license with a 30 day entry stamp. Getting tired of being on the lookout for check points. What would be the easiest minimun visa requirement????? I have an international driving permit for a car if that helps.

not all DLT will do on entrystamp only, but most will do on touristvisa but valid for one year only.

IDP for car does not work for bike, but can be converted to TH DL car without testing

Thanks for the info. Can I hire a bike there at the centre, I'd rather not have to find my own (without a license). Also can I just turn up or do I need an appointment, how long does the whole thing take? Thanks again.
turn up at 0830, present your docs, and I would be very surprised if you cant rent a bike for 3-10 minutes for the test, or borrow one, a Hayabusa rider borrowed my airblade for the test, Hayabusa 1300 a bit heavy for this track Good luck, piece of cake