Any January Cm Health-Club Long-Term Membership Promotions ?

orang37

Sawasdee Khrup, TV CM Friends,

Just curious if anyone has seen any promotions advertised. For me "California Pow" would not be an option: one experience with the rudeness of their staff, and their aggressive approach to sales ... was enough.

fyi: I just checked with the Centara/Duangtawan: current rates:

1 year 9k baht

1 month 1299 baht

thanks, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

The Ratilanna at the bottom of ChangKlang Road usually does some good deals, well equipped, quiet and opens early. Think they do special deals for the over 60's. http://www.ratilannachiangmai.com/

Happy pumping!

JL

I went to their website. Didn't have a spot for a gym but did show it as part of their Spa. The hours are 10:00 in the morning until10:00 at night. Could not find a price for it either. It certentley looked good and it had a pool included.

As for the Dongtawan 9,000 for a year is cheaper than what I paid two years ago (10,000BAHT)

2 inflammatory posts removed.

Guilty as charged was just wondering if some one with knowledge of a good kind would be willing to share it with us all. I believe in a round about way that is the purpose of these forums.

For instance orang said the Dongtawan had a 9,000 baht yearly fee. Three years ago it was 10,000 baht

The Ratilanna at the bottom of ChangKlang Road usually does some good deals, well equipped, quiet and opens early. Think they do special deals for the over 60's. http://www.ratilannachiangmai.com/

Happy pumping!

JL

I went to their website. Didn't have a spot for a gym but did show it as part of their Spa. The hours are 10:00 in the morning until10:00 at night. Could not find a price for it either. It certentley looked good and it had a pool included.

As for the Dongtawan 9,000 for a year is cheaper than what I paid two years ago (10,000BAHT)

Try this:

http://www.ratilannachiangmai.com/facilities_fitness_center.php#01

OK I can save you all the stress, having been a member at Duangtawan for the past 1.5 years - the 30% cost increase coupled with the constantly broken machines and morons who sit on machines to watch TV in 10 to 15 minute increments got me to looking elsewhere - and as luck has it we found this Gem. A new - 4 months old lux hotel has an opening special of pay for 1 get 2 memberships, I just joined for 6 months with friend, it works out at 650 baht a month, the hotel is named Sheik Istana, get address details here - http://www.sheikistanahotel.com/ at present it is like our own private health club, we are the only 2 in the place, so I did ponder if I wanted to help others into our club, but what the hell - take a look it`s a no brainer compared to everything else I have seen in town

post-100904-0-26560900-1326021051_thumb.

post-100904-0-29724200-1326021061_thumb.

post-100904-0-74349200-1326021070_thumb.

post-100904-0-26777200-1326021083_thumb.

Yes it includes use of the Pool area and it has Sauna & a steam room also, and free parking, as to eating there - I go to Gym not raan ahaan - so no idea sorry, I looked at the Christmas menu & it read well, perhaps you can try it & post a report

OK I can save you all the stress, having been a member at Duangtawan for the past 1.5 years - the 30% cost increase coupled with the constantly broken machines and morons who sit on machines to watch TV in 10 to 15 minute increments got me to looking elsewhere - and as luck has it we found this Gem. A new - 4 months old lux hotel has an opening special of pay for 1 get 2 memberships, I just joined for 6 months with friend, it works out at 650 baht a month, the hotel is named Sheik Istana, get address details here - http://www.sheikistanahotel.com/ at present it is like our own private health club, we are the only 2 in the place, so I did ponder if I wanted to help others into our club, but what the hell - take a look it`s a no brainer compared to everything else I have seen in town

Gud on yer andvari26 that's what TV should be all about thumbsup.gif You're a real gent!

Cheers

JL

Nicw one, I've been looking for a good gym with pool, It's a bit of a slog from where I live.......But I won't hold that aganst you....Thanks for this!! I'll have a look tomorrow.

last Chance on the opening special Deal,

the pay for 1 & get two memberships deal finishes tomorrow the 15th I have been told

Sorry - No idea what a power rack is - suggest personal inspection !

Just out of curiosity andvari, has there been a noticeable increase in users since your original post on this health club, or is still "like our own private health club"?

Cheers

JL

STILL EMPTY, THERE are ONLY Two OTHER FARANG MEMBERS THAT I HAVE BEEN MADE AWARE OF !

SEEMS IT IS TOO HARD TO GET OUT OF THE RECLINER FOR MOST !

NOT TO WORRY, I LIKE IT QUIET & PERSONAL

Even at the full price it is way better than the options I have seen, perhaps it will get busier over time, but I have done my bit, now I rest before going to my private club again tomorrow !

Sawasdee Khrup, TV CM Friends,

After some thought, and re-checking one or two other clubs, I went with a 1 year at the Centara/Duangtawan.

I've worked out there several times since joining last week. A big plus for me is the two really hot saunas, one of which is usually so blazing hot you may need to cover your ears with a towel if you sit in the top row. Me like sweat much after heavy work-out, followed by time in very cold water (and this time of year, the water in the pool, as you might expect, is deliciously cold).

I have not found many machines broken, and the quality of the machines is much higher, imho, than you will find in any of the other hotel based fitness centers. My last work-outs: none of the cam-machines I regularly use were broken, and it looked to me like one treadmill out of seven (eight ?) was off-line.

The place is packed from 5pm on until 8pm, as you might expect, but those are hours I normally don't go, anyway.

They are open 6am-10pm, 365 days per year, and my experience of the staff is they are very friendly, although I never, personally, ask them for advice: my own work-out pattern has been developed over years, and this old body sticks to it (cardio-aerobic [treadmill], followed by weight-lifting [cam-machines], followed by sauna, followed by swim). Followed by going down the Mezzanine floor, and relaxing for twenty minutes whilst reading the latest BPost, whilst the old body recovers from being jelly :)

The men's dressing room is kept quite clean (wish I could give you a first-hand report on the women's dressing room).

Works for me.

best, ~o:37;