Looking To Rent A Car For A Couple Of Weeks

ha55ha

Hi, I'm looking to rent a car while my parents here, possibly for the full 2 weeks depending on what sort of price I can get. How much should I be looking to pay? I've never rented a car here so I've not got much of an idea. Can anyone suggest a decent place to rent from that has good rates? I've got a Thai driving license and would be needing a manual car.

Thanks in advance!

Hertz through the website - either Hertz.com or Hertzthailand.com as both run seperate promotions. I think prices through their offices are higher.

I rented through them for 7 days, worked out at about 850B for a Yaris with a good insurance policy. As I was renting for over 5 days, I was able to drop off at a different location in Thailand (I picked up at Swapi and dropped at CNX airport.

They need a credit card and allow you to name another driver for no extra charge. Not sure if they offer manuals.

edit: Scratch that, just checked and they seem to have higher prices now its high season. 8700B/week is about 1500B a day, should be able to do better than that.

Edited by naboo

http://www.journeycnx.com/carrent.php

Professional service and the best rates in CM. 800 baht compared to 1500baht.Top of Thaphae Road ; round the corner from Art Cafe.I've used them on a number of occaisions.Not had a manual though.

An excellent lady to rent a manual from is SMILE RENTALS a few meters down Ratchadamnoen Road walking West from the big Thapphae Square. She has a desk in Niyom Phanich Store.She mostly rents motorcycles but she also has a car she rents. Insurance included of course. Again, a totally professional service and a most delightful lady to deal with who speaks quite good English.The car is not available from 9th January till 15th January because I'm renting it.

Had quite abad experience with North.W. last december. Car had not been checked properly, insidelight didn't work, tyres not enough profile, not alligned. All things things you find out later :half way BKK:steeringwheel

shaking like hell at 110/120 KPH. or when you get into the car after dark.

No manual so didn't know how to use automatic on moutainroad on Koh Chang. Very dangerous : one time we had to drive downhill backward.

Most annoying on the day before last day of rentalperiode officelady started phoning and tried to charge 300,==THB. p/h !! extra if we returned the car back too late on that day, altough we had extended the rentalper. until the next day. No mention at all of 300 thb. in the contract. Just trying I guess.

All in all not very smooth. Of course they didn't do anything wrong. The caar was 100 percent according to the manager/owner

Left me with a painfull wrist that had to be taped. Certenly not recommand.

Hertz through the website - either Hertz.com or Hertzthailand.com as both run seperate promotions. I think prices through their offices are higher.

I rented through them for 7 days, worked out at about 850B for a Yaris with a good insurance policy. As I was renting for over 5 days, I was able to drop off at a different location in Thailand (I picked up at Swapi and dropped at CNX airport.

They need a credit card and allow you to name another driver for no extra charge. Not sure if they offer manuals.

edit: Scratch that, just checked and they seem to have higher prices now its high season. 8700B/week is about 1500B a day, should be able to do better than that.

Thanks for the reply. 850 a day would have been great. I've already been offered a car for 1200 a day that seems decent but I was hoping to find cheaper if I rent for the full 2 weeks. It had slipped my mind it's high season though :/

http://www.journeycnx.com/carrent.php

Professional service and the best rates in CM. 800 baht compared to 1500baht.Top of Thaphae Road ; round the corner from Art Cafe.I've used them on a number of occaisions.Not had a manual though.

An excellent lady to rent a manual from is SMILE RENTALS a few meters down Ratchadamnoen Road walking West from the big Thapphae Square. She has a desk in Niyom Phanich Store.She mostly rents motorcycles but she also has a car she rents. Insurance included of course. Again, a totally professional service and a most delightful lady to deal with who speaks quite good English.The car is not available from 9th January till 15th January because I'm renting it.

Thank for this. How much is the car from Smile Rentals, and what sort of car is it? My parents actually get here on the 15th of Jan..

Thank for this. How much is the car from Smile Rentals, and what sort of car is it? My parents actually get here on the 15th of Jan..

I've not rented her car before but she tells me it's in good condition and runs well.Unfortunately, (although I'm getting it cheaper as I've known her a few years)she is charging 900 baht per day and its a Mitsubishi (Lenter??)and its 18 years old ; 1993 !! sad.png. You could always go and have a look at it ; its very conveniently located if you're in Chiang Mai. And even haggle.

If this puts you off, the"journey" people at 800 baht with a much newer car (but NOT NEW) might be more appealing. You must book online and transfer the money as instructed ;( 3 days before you want it.). Slightly eccentric but I've not yet had any problems with them. Just make sure, as you would with any firm, the petrol guage shows FULL before take-off.