The Dude Was At Suan Plu Today

Hello again good people. I thought I might share something I witnessed at immigration today. I was at the info counter inside immi today to have my docs checked for my visa extension. Next to me was another farang dude in his 30s having a discussion with an immi info desk lady. The only part of the conversation I caught was; "You mean I have to spend the night?" says the farang; response from lady, "well you are on overstay right now". My docs were then handed back to me to go to visa extension window. I didn't stick around to see what happened but I wish that I had. I did look to see if the dude left the building while I waited for my passport back and he did not. I have a feeling that this dude may have been forced to check into the BKK Hilton for the night. Perhaps if on overstay it may well not pay to throw yourself at the mercy of immi. Who really knows, maybe I took the whole thing out of context. At any rate, I'm glad I didn't have a shovel with me to give to this dude cause he sure wasn't going to need it to dig his situation. DON'T OVERSTAY ANYBODY, cept maybe that Jesse dude. LOL

Mayeb the imm lady was offering for him to spend the night with her, instead of paying the overstay fine... :D

and maybe not. :D

It amazes me that anyone is stupid enough to overstay here.... :D

Maybe he was a Brit and thinks that Thailand treats overstays like we do in the UK, just let them disappear and get on with their lives! :o:D !

Love the new Avatar Doc..... :D

There is no risk in surrender to an Immigration office, e g Suan Phlu. They will NOT jail you up if you can pay the overstay fee on the spot, even long overstay e g 20,000 baht. They can actually give you a short extension of stay as well after you are sorted, if they like you...

Maybe the guy had no money, and then a likely scenario would be jail and deportation.

I doubt that Immigrations would tell him over the counter that he had to stay in detention. I think that they would ask him to go to a room somewhere in order to "contain" him first.

Perhaps the woman was explaining to him that he had to leave the country and spend a night in Singapore, Penang, etc to get a new visa?

There is no risk in surrender to an Immigration office, e g Suan Phlu. They will NOT jail you up if you can pay the overstay fee on the spot, even  long overstay e g 20,000 baht. They can actually give you a short extension of stay as well after you are sorted, if they like you...

Maybe the guy had no money, and then a likely scenario would be jail and deportation.

George is dead right. It happened to me.

I went to extent a non-im A visa three years ago after I changed jobs, my old employer never told them I had changed (although we continued the 30 day reporting via email and changed work permits at the labour dept.) so instantly I had overstayed 360 days like it or not.

A quick THB 20,000 fine on the spot, and trip to the local police station for another THB 1,500 fine and a stamp in passport saying the same, and life goes on.

Thr immigration office even stamped the letter I wrote to my ex-employer asking for the THB 20,000 due to their admin error.

So the chap you saw must have had no satang.

Next time you are here have a look at 'em KO.  :o

The woman who was working at the information counter last time I was there was actually quite attractive. But.... women in police uniforms scare the hel_l out of me!

Next time you are here have a look at 'em KO.   :D

The woman who was working at the information counter last time I was there was actually quite attractive. But.... women in police uniforms scare the hel_l out of me!

Black stockings and leather boots............. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh :o