Australian Thai Fta Possiable New Visa

I have been told by some academics at ECU perth that there is now a 6 month working hoiday visa available for thai citerzens travelling to australia for tourism and work for up to 6 months.

This due to the new FTA between Australia and thailand

my issue is that Immigation dept does not have anything on its website about it and i want to know if anyone else has heard of this visa

Does anyone have any infomation on this new visa

It is a one year visa and Thai's can work in Australia. They can work for any employers for up to 3 months at each company. The applicants must have a university degree and sufficient funds to take care of themselves.

Applications can be made at the Australian Embassy Bangkok.

When I see Holden and Ford utes on Sukh, I'll believe that there is an FTA between LOS & Aus. :o

It is a one year visa and Thai's can work in Australia. They can work for any employers for up to 3 months at each company. The applicants must have a university degree and sufficient funds to take care of themselves.

When I see Holden and Ford utes on Sukh, I'll believe that there is an FTA between LOS & Aus. :o

Udon, you'll have to look under the bonnet of the cars driving up Sukh to get your answer, as while Australia isn't building the cars, we are supplying and designing many of the parts.

A "You Beaut - Holden Ute"

Wouldn't this be a treat going up and down Suk, or getting a bag of Rice in Issan ??

img_hero.jpg

Or even the Mighty Falcon Ute

Ford Claim to have invented the Ute from a customer Suggestion...

nameplate_wallpaper01.jpg

Either one of these would certainly get you up the hills to Issan rather quickly

I wonder what the definition of a degree is??

Arent they readily available on Kao san rd?

:o

The applicant has to show $AUD 5000 in a bank to cover himself/ herself. AFAIK there is no formal ' sponsorship ' for this program. The first visa was issued at the Australian Embassy last week. It is meant to be a two way street, but as yet, the Thai side has not sorted out the work permit waiver, Surprise surprise. :o

Thats a lot of money for a thai grad to find for work experience 150k baht?

I am sure our english oe kids dont need to show anywhere near as much.

The applicant has to show $AUD 5000 in a bank to cover himself/ herself. AFAIK there is no formal  ' sponsorship ' for this program. The first visa was issued at    the Australian Embassy last week. It is meant to be a two way street, but as yet,  the Thai side has not sorted out the work permit waiver,  Surprise surprise.  :o

You would rip the front end out of it on Thai Roads unfort.

Suppose you could have it raised!!

A "You Beaut - Holden Ute"

Wouldn't this be a treat going up and down Suk, or getting a bag of Rice in Issan ??

img_hero.jpg

Or even the Mighty Falcon Ute

Ford Claim to have invented the Ute from a customer Suggestion...

nameplate_wallpaper01.jpg

Either one of these would certainly get you up the hills to Issan rather quickly

From what I can see, no body has made mention that this visa will be limited to 100 people a year. That's what they said on the news the other day. It will also be recipricated. 100 Ozi's can come to Thailand for a working hol too.

So if you want one get in quick! But i reckon it's more a deal made by Tuksin so his and his mates kids can have a back packing holiday round the country! They would never be aloud otherwise.

Edited by DavieA

I have seen Holdens in Buriram....got a pic of one somewhere and used to see a few Geminis around as well between BKK and Buriram

I have seen Holdens in Buriram....got a pic of one somewhere and used to see a few Geminis around as well between BKK and Buriram

I woudn't rate Geminis as a Holden :D . Always thought of it a a world car, jap car, sold in alot of countries under different Gm badges. The ones I have seen driving in LOS are called a Izuzu something or rather.

The only Holdens I have seen are old Belmonts, Calais', Camiras and six pack Commodores(Chevy Luminas) . I am sure the SSs are out there for the puu yai who can afford the engine tax .

From what I can see, no body has made mention that this visa will be limited to 100 people a year.  That's what they said on the news the other day.  It will also be recipricated.  100 Ozi's can come to Thailand for a working hol too.

So if you want one get in quick!  But i reckon it's more a deal made  by Tuksin so his and his mates kids can have a back packing holiday round the country!  They would never be aloud otherwise.

nah, Australia has negotiated WHV's with too many countries for that to be true. HK, Japan, Korea, Singapore (I think). as well as most of the EU and Canada. This visa is designed for legit working holiday makers.

Taksins mates kids get plum 'summer holiday' jobs working for Thai airways or TAT representative offices in far more exotic places like NY, London or Paris. No backpacks in sight, first class all the way, and no second rate working holiday visa's needed for these young morons.

They then come back and either get shunted into a well paid, but highly ineffectual position in some big bank, or mum and dad give them a pile of dosh to slowly blow on some sort of 'business venture' selling crappyyet expensively priced merchandise in some of BKK's more up market shopping complexes. :o

From what I can see, no body has made mention that this visa will be limited to 100 people a year.  That's what they said on the news the other day.  It will also be recipricated.  100 Ozi's can come to Thailand for a working hol too.

So if you want one get in quick!  But i reckon it's more a deal made  by Tuksin so his and his mates kids can have a back packing holiday round the country!  They would never be aloud otherwise.

The Australians can apply once Thailand overcomes the work permit issues to enable employment.

The Australians can apply once Thailand overcomes the work permit issues to enable employment.

Hello,

have a look here:

http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media_rele...ia05/v05106.htm

giruz

• 2 months later...