Good Honda Car Mechanic Needed In Phuket

aussiebrian

My head gasket has blown on my 22 year old Honda Civic. I need to get if fixed quickly but would like any recommendations on a good mechanic here, but sounds to me like an oxymoron.. I live in Kathu but would be willing to drive anywhere on Phuket to get it repaired. Thanks in advance.

Edited by aussiebrian

Whats wrong with the Honda main dealers...AMUPHAS,they havebig one next to Shell gas station, chaofa rd west,also one in PHUKET TOWN...you will probably find they will be the fastest and have the parts in stock.probably not that expensive and a proper job..

its a few hours work at 350 baht/hour at Honda Anuphas, so why look for someone else?

I have been there before and was happy with the work they did but I did have another problem with them. This is why I was looking for other recommendations. If I don't find another mechanic a few people are happy with, I will have to bite my lip and go there.

Edited by aussiebrian

its a few hours work at 350 baht/hour at Honda Anuphas, so why look for someone else?

I have been there before and was happy with the work they did but I did have another problem with them. This is why I was looking for other recommendations. If I don't find another mechanic a few people are happy with, I will have to bite my lip and go there.

I had a problem with them once to. They refused to make a warranty claim to Honda Th when rear discs on 3 month/10k km 2008 Accord went blue. I had to pay.

Later (approx 6 months/30k km) front discs went blue to, in Hua Hin, and Honda Hua Hin made a warranty claim without hazzle and replaced it all at 9 k baht. In Phuket I had to pay

But whenever we come back we are just another farang anywaygiggle.gif

Bite your lip mate,,,,,you might bite off more than you can chew....,looking for reliable mechanics here in Phuket ,your car may never get fixed..what if it needs the head skimming etc..

agree, I would bite my lip. some backyard mechanics wouldnt consider if head needs skimming or if valves are burned, they just throw it back together again make it run another few weeks, hoping you will come back for a major job

Well, just returned from Honda, and without a mechanic even looking they say it would be cheaper to put in a new 2nd hand engine from japan for about 20000 baht. I tried to explain it is just the head gasket and possibly a warped head, and may need machining but they said it would be about 15000 if it was only the head gasket. If it needs rebuild, about 50000baht. No warranty with second hand motor, not even 1 week because they said it should be good, but maybe something wrong with it. Then I will be back to square 1. . Will try b quick. Had brakes done there a few years ago, they did an ok job.

Well, just returned from Honda, and without a mechanic even looking they say it would be cheaper to put in a new 2nd hand engine from japan for about 20000 baht. I tried to explain it is just the head gasket and possibly a warped head, and may need machining but they said it would be about 15000 if it was only the head gasket. If it needs rebuild, about 50000baht. No warranty with second hand motor, not even 1 week because they said it should be good, but maybe something wrong with it. Then I will be back to square 1. . Will try b quick. Had brakes done there a few years ago, they did an ok job.

A few weeks back, I lost the head gasket on the old 28 year old volvo while on trip over to Krabi. Two of the water journals had corroded into the cylinder. Filled those gaps, shaved the head, replaced the valves all for 9,000 Baht. Not bad it was the whiskey and women while spending a week there that cost the big money....the work was done by the local volvo mechanic. All Thai towns where I have lived have a mechanic doing the volvos, Mercs and BMW's

Edited by bunta71