Visa'S At The Mall

ginooooo

Thanks and hope to visit them to ask questions when I am there and do some shopping.

I will need a 90 day report the week of 16-21 January, and would of course prefer to go to the Mall rather than drive up to Mae Sai. But I have to know ahead of time their schedule for visits to the Mall, before assuming I can depend on seeing them there.

1. Does anybody know how I can get their schedule for visits to the Mall?

2. Can anybody advise specifically where they set up in the Mall? Perhaps they have information posted there.

Thanks.

Thanks and hope to visit them to ask questions when I am there and do some shopping.

I will need a 90 day report the week of 16-21 January, and would of course prefer to go to the Mall rather than drive up to Mae Sai. But I have to know ahead of time their schedule for visits to the Mall, before assuming I can depend on seeing them there.

1. Does anybody know how I can get their schedule for visits to the Mall?

2. Can anybody advise specifically where they set up in the Mall? Perhaps they have information posted there.

Thanks.

Think they are only there the first Saturday every month. They are on the ground floor near the entrance to Robinsons.

So given that I have to report by the 27th Feb, it would be too early the first sat of Feb and too late the first Sat. of March?

As mentioned in the pinned thread about visa questions and the Immigration Office of Mae Sai:

"Foreigners who are applying for a visa extension can now make their application one month in

advance of the vsa expiration date. Those who are providing their 90 notification of address

can do so up to 15 days before or up to 7 days after to the appointed date".

(official Info Immigration Office Mae Sai)

The first Saturday of February falls on the fifth, indeed more than fifteen days too early.

The first Saturday of March, the third, is only five days after the appointed date, so within the limits.

Limbo neus.gif

Was there last Saturday to do retirement extension and multi-entry permit.

Very good service. Officers were polite and professonal.

Five minute wait to start the extension paperwork with an officer.

The re-entry permit took a bit longer. There was a queue of young students.

But, no queue for the 90 day report.

And, a copier was available.

In and out, in less than an hour.

I asked for a survey to fill out. To thank the officers for coming to Chiang Rai.

Sorry to say this but can someone change the topic, as they are not visas but extensions to visas. Some people looking at the topic might also think they can go into Central or The Mall and buy a visa/extension.

Your posting might be a little bit confusing mr. Beano as you first mention the possibility to

extend visa and deny this subsequently in the second sentence.

For reasons only known to him Gino has decided to open a new topic on a matter that is discussed

elsewhere already, namely in the pinned section: http://www.thaivisa....o/page__st__450

There you can find all details about the services at Central (first Saturday of each month).

Because he is living in Payao and clearly wants to be sure that the service still exists he

might have opted for asking the question here.

If people reading this topic are thinking that they can apply for an extension of their non-immigrant visa

(retired or married) they are actually right: You can! This ought to be a nice surprise for mr. Beano!

I think it was Harsu who went into detail on this in the link mentioned above.

If you really think that people could get confused it might be good to add the following information:

Visa are normally not given within the country, not at the offices of the Immigration Police nor at temporary

offices in shopping malls. You have to apply for a visa at a Thai Embassy or a Thai Consulate in another

country. You need the visa namely to enter the country.

If you enter the country by airplane you will get, even without a visa, a visa waiver valid for thirty days

and if you enter by road for not more than fourteen days. You have to check if your nationality entitles you

to such a waiver. Please check the visa section of Thaivisa.

If you are not from a country that entitles you to a visa waiver, you will not be granted permission to enter

Thailand without a visa. Some airlines won't even permit you to check in for a flight to Thailand if you can not

present a valid visa for Thailand as they can be held responsible for flying you back to where you came from.

It seems as if mr. Beano is referring to people who entered Thailand on a visa waiver and want to extend their

stay in the Kingdom: a waiver is not a visa and you can not apply for an extension of a visa that you don't have!

Also if you want to use a multiple entry visa you can not do this at a mall or at an office of the Immigration Police

as they are not border stations. You can not enter Thailand in the middle of a shopping mall.

Thank you for pointing out a possible reason for misunderstanding!

Limbo neus.gif

Edited by Limbo

Sorry to say this but can someone change the topic, as they are not visas but extensions to visas. Some people looking at the topic might also think they can go into Central or The Mall and buy a visa/extension.

For reasons only known to him Gino has decided to open a new topic on a matter that is discussed

elsewhere already, namely in the pinned section: http://www.thaivisa....o/page__st__450

There you can find all details about the services at Central (first Saturday of each month).

If people reading this topic are thinking that they can apply for an extension of their non-immigrant visa

(retired or married) they are actually right: You can! This ought to be a nice surprise for mr. Beano!

I think it was Harsu who went into detail on this in the link mentioned above.

If you really think that people could get confused it might be good to add the following information:

Visa are never given within the country, not at the offices of the Immigration Police nor at temporary

offices in shopping malls. You have to apply for a visa at a Thai Embassy or a Thai Consulate in

another country. You need the visa to enter the country.

If you enter the country by airplane you will get, even without a visa, a visa waiver valid for thirty days

and if you enter by road for not more than fourteen days. You have to check if the country where you

come from is on the list. Please check the visa section of Thaivisa.

If you are not from a country that entitles you to a visa waiver you will not be granted permission to enter

Thailand. Many airlines won't even permit you to fly with them as they can be hold responsible for flying

you back to where you came from.

It seems as if mr. Beano is referring to people who entered Thailand on a visa waiver and want

to extend their stay in the Kingdom: a waiver is not a visa!

In so far mr. Beano is absolutely right: You can not apply for an extension of a visa that you don't have!

Also if you want to use a multiple entry visa you can not do this at a mall or at an office of the Immigration P

olice as they are not border stations. You can not enter Thailand in the middle of a shopping mall.

Thank you for pointing out a possible reason for misunderstanding!

Limbo neus.gif

The OP uses the word "VISA", you do not get "Visas" in Thailand, you get Extensions, that is the problem the incorrect wording, which has often been pointed out. A suggestion of terms to be used that pop up when someone is making a post would be beneficial.

My bad with the wording. Because I have not experienced the way things are over there yet with visas, extensions, etc. I guess that means since I will not need a visa requirement, then I do not to have to go there and ask questions about moving there, Like a Thai consulate would.

My bad with the wording. Because I have not experienced the way things are over there yet with visas, extensions, etc. I guess that means since I will not need a visa requirement, then I do not to have to go there and ask questions about moving there, Like a Thai consulate would.

I don't see the problem with the wording. The title is 'Visas at the mall' and that is what the topic is about!