Yet Another Weather Thread!

Heres an idea for George

Just about every consumer focused internet site has weather rating in the top 5 for hits.

What about a TV weather channel.

Lets know what the weathers like anywhere in the world from the grassroots membership.

Well Patsy, I would gladly trade places with you - it sounds lovely and Christmassy where you are - as opposed to grey, depressing and  :o  its raining again!!!

Just come back from Samui. I got myself sun burned. The weather was kind of cloudy and cooling the first day (9/12) and the following 2 days were rather hot. It actually rained on 2 occasions but merely last for 10mins.

Weather is lovely here now - not too hot or too cold. But I did go to the beach yesterday on my day off and it is filthy - the sea water is black and filled with dirt and the beach is just covered in black sh*t. And there was a horrible smell all around - not very nice at all.

:o Not good! im flying from the UK tomorrow and have prepared myself for the worst weather, I still hope to make the most of the trip even if its raining. Dirty beaches and black sea dosnt sound good..... I dont know when I will be able to afford to come back so it will be a shame if everything is still mucky from the floods for the duration of my stay.

Still I remain optimistic! Thanks everyone for updates and advice. This is a great forum and site.

Need a little help. I'm booked at the Napasai Resort on Koh Samui for New Year's Eve and for a couple of days after that and just found out about the flooding. The last thing I need right now is to go somewhere with flood destruction due to the fact that I'm from New Orleans, Louisiana -- Hurricane Katrina territory. My travel agent is checking for me but I'd like to hear from someone there. Can anyone help please?

Need a little help.  I'm booked at the Napasai Resort on Koh Samui for New Year's Eve and for a couple of days after that and just found out about the flooding.    The last thing I need right now is to go somewhere with flood destruction due to the fact that I'm from New Orleans, Louisiana -- Hurricane Katrina territory.  My travel agent is checking for me but I'd like to hear from someone there.  Can anyone help please?

Being from New Orleans you can understand that it's really just hard to know what's going to happen with the weather. Where on the island is the resort you've booked? Also, what kind of plans did you have in mind? If you were hoping to spend long days laying on the beach and swimming everyday in the Gulf you might be better off heading to a different part of the Kingdom.

Need a little help.   I'm booked at the Napasai Resort on Koh Samui for New Year's Eve and for a couple of days after that and just found out about the flooding.    The last thing I need right now is to go somewhere with flood destruction due to the fact that I'm from New Orleans, Louisiana -- Hurricane Katrina territory.   My travel agent is checking for me but I'd like to hear from someone there.   Can anyone help please?

Being from New Orleans you can understand that it's really just hard to know what's going to happen with the weather. Where on the island is the resort you've booked? Also, what kind of plans did you have in mind? If you were hoping to spend long days laying on the beach and swimming everyday in the Gulf you might be better off heading to a different part of the Kingdom.

Thanks for writing back. We are booked from 12/31 through 1/02 at the Napasai on the Northern Coast of Koh Samui which is by the Ang Thong Maritime Park. It is supposed to be a wonderful resort. We will be touring Thailand (Bangkok for 3 nights and Chaing Mai for 2 nights and then Koh Samui for 2 nights) on a whirlwind vacation from 12/26 through 1/03. We will want to lay around the beach and/or pool to relax from the rest of our trip - get some massages, etc. However, we know that you can never really predict what tropical climates will do. We certainly don't mind an afternoon rainfall (as long as it's warm - we're used to that) but don't really want to be flooded out either. Because it's New Year's Eve I don't know if we will be able to get reservations elsewhere.

The floods have gone already, it has not really rained for a couple of days and I think it would be highly unlikely for there to be any kind of floods on New Years Eve.

Probably just a little bit of rain here and there

Liz,

Napasai is a beautiful resort just outside of Meanam, indeed on the northern part of the island.

Al the things that you planned for you should be able to complete.

All floodings have receded already and we get to have some sunshine now again. Mind you, it still may rain occasionally but hopefully nothing like we just had.

Liz,

Napasai is a beautiful resort just outside of Meanam, indeed on the northern part of the island.

All floodings have receded already and we get to have some sunshine now again. Mind you, it still may rain occasionally but hopefully nothing like we just had.

Thanks to everyone for the information. When I read that Koh Samui had flooded I imagined the worst -- as in, the whole island was destroyed and the hotels/resorts devastated. I'm a little battle weary because of what we've been through here in New Orleans. Neither my fiancee or I want to visit somewhere for a relaxing holiday and have to look at flooded destruction everywhere. We're taking this vacation to get away from all that. If anyone else has any comments then I would most appreciate them. Thanks again.

Not even close to NO. Things are already quite cleaned up. I wouldn't worry if I were you. It will be fine .

Liz,

Thanks to everyone for the information. When I read that Koh Samui had flooded I imagined the worst -- as in, the whole island was destroyed and the hotels/resorts devastated. I'm a little battle weary because of what we've been through here in New Orleans. Neither my fiancee or I want to visit somewhere for a relaxing holiday and have to look at flooded destruction everywhere. We're taking this vacation to get away from all that. If anyone else has any comments then I would most appreciate them. Thanks again.

Thanks so much. You've helped calm my fears. :o

Not even close to NO. Things are already quite cleaned up. I wouldn't worry if I were you. It will be fine .
Liz,