Lebanese Terror Suspect Had Many Accomplices: Thai Police

webfact

The safest place in bangkok right now is Nana area, as they are heavily populated with Middle East people.

I don't think any Middle Eastern terrorists would want to blow up their own people.

"I don't think any Middle Eastern terrorists would want to blow up their own people." .... ??

Where have you been during the past 12 months?

There is quite a lot of friction between the Shi-ites and the Sunnis and other frations within the these divisions .

If an attack was to take place in this part of the world, it would be against westerners in a westerner populated area. Khao Sarn Road being the most likely in my opinion.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one country that is missing from the intelligence services mentioned. Our friendly men in flip flops. This region is under the watchful eye of Australia (and New Zealand). The 5 Eyes see all, and I would expect that the Echelon structure was busy intercepting all manner of communications from phone calls, to faxes, to data transmissions.

Basically, if a known terrorist sends an email from Bangkok to a buddy in Islamabad indicating that he's had a good bowel movement, chances are the Signals group will pick it up and the info will be shared between the 5 Eyes (USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand).

They can also probably tell if the perp was using a squat toilet or a farang one, the exact location (thanks to GPS), and whether he used too much fish sause on his lunch.

If the Thai authorities had a handle on this situation from the initial intel in December, then kudos to them for running the leads to ground and making arrests. What has heaped scorn on the Thais over this matter is their position and rhetoric fed to the media. I could not think of a worse spokesperson than Chalerm. All he needs is a clown car, a big nose and floppy shoes.

"An informed source said Hussein had travelled in and out of Thailand several times over the past two years and usually stayed at Bangkok's All Seasons Hotel."

the terrorist choice in hotels, for all your terrorist needs, their business is booming, no doubt with the many accomplices

"TERROR PLOT Suspect had many accomplices: police"

"An informed source said Hussein had travelled in and out of Thailand several times over the past two years and usually stayed at Bangkok's All Seasons Hotel."

the terrorist choice in hotels, for all your terrorist needs, their business is booming, no doubt with the many accomplices

"TERROR PLOT Suspect had many accomplices: police"

"good value and convenience to the airport".... :huh:

photo_view.jpg

All Seasons Bangkok

All Seasons Bangkok is the first international economy brand hotel and best value international hotel in Bangkok, located nearby the expressway which offers access to Don Muang international airport and close to shopping center, the central business district, and entertainment areas. The hotel is also 5 minutes walk to Suanpakkad Palace, Suansantipab park and BTS sky train (Victory Monument station).

Read more: Hotels in Pratunam, Bangkok - All Hotels in Pratunam http://www.bangkok.com/hotels/pratunam.htm#ixzz1jquvXrqJ

There is one country that is missing from the intelligence services mentioned. Our friendly men in flip flops. This region is under the watchful eye of Australia (and New Zealand). The 5 Eyes see all, and I would expect that the Echelon structure was busy intercepting all manner of communications from phone calls, to faxes, to data transmissions.

Basically, if a known terrorist sends an email from Bangkok to a buddy in Islamabad indicating that he's had a good bowel movement, chances are the Signals group will pick it up and the info will be shared between the 5 Eyes (USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand).

They can also probably tell if the perp was using a squat toilet or a farang one, the exact location (thanks to GPS), and whether he used too much fish sause on his lunch.

If the Thai authorities had a handle on this situation from the initial intel in December, then kudos to them for running the leads to ground and making arrests. What has heaped scorn on the Thais over this matter is their position and rhetoric fed to the media. I could not think of a worse spokesperson than Chalerm. All he needs is a clown car, a big nose and floppy shoes.

Chalerm is funny, but not in the humourous sense. Reportedly, his first act on becoming a Minister was to hand Thaksin a cable-TV licence. For clarity, this was quite a few years ago.

The Aussie, New Zealand and Canadian spooks must be superb at clandestine operations. Unlike their American and British counterparts whose activities are regularly reported. Even The Mossad get more publicity than these guys.cowboy.gif

they have not removed it yet

Emergency Message to U.S. Citizens: Possible Terrorist Threat

This message alerts U.S. citizens in Thailand that foreign terrorists may be currently looking to conduct attacks against tourist areas in Bangkok in the near future.

http://bangkok.usemb...ncymessage.html

Thailand Country Specific Information

http://travel.state....s/cis_1040.html

Edited by wxyz

• 4 weeks later...

You do.

He added that police had found evidence that Hussein had contacted shipping firms in order to export the bomb-making materials. "We have already alerted the authorities of the intended destination," he said, adding that Hussein was just a man assigned to handle the bomb-making materials in Thailand and not key to any terror plots.

Urea fertiliser is freely available in Thailand and possessing it is not a legal offence. However, ammonia nitrate is a controlled substance and unauthorised possession constitutes the violation of law.

My words. I didn't expect to hear any other outcome.

That wasn't the terror plot. Who looks like a fool now?

• Like 1

Well I suppose the bombings in Bangkok today will change a few peoples minds about the U.S. and Israeli warnings and all the other countries that issued travel warnings. Makes people sit up and take notice, ya cant take your eye off the ball.

And also shared with a sixth 'eye' called Israel ;)