Pattaya Police Arrest Cameroon And French National Over 'Black Money Scam'

webfact

Cameroon and French suspects arrested in Pattaya over "Black Money Scam"

18_01_55_2.jpg

Four men suspected of running a “Black Money” scam have been arrested by Transnational Crime Suppression Officers based at Pattaya Police Station. Officers obtained four arrest warrants on Tuesday and served them on Mr. Neba Fuh Fredrick aged 36, Mr. Camara Ahmed aged 26 and Mr. Jean Messolo aged 36 all from Cameroon along with Mr. Vincent Philipot aged 40 from France who all reside in an apartment in Central Pattaya. The alleged scam took place in Panat Nikhom District in Chonburi Province where Mr. Fredrick works as a teacher.

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-01-18

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

555 black money scam is that the one where they need to buy special chemicals to wash marked money?

People still fall for that one? If I had a dollar for every time I heard that story while I was in Africa I'd be able to retire...

Not his first stint with the law:

Undercover police arrested Vincent Philipot, 40, during a sting operation Aug. 21 near a guesthouse on Soi Jeeraphol. He was captured with an undisclosed amount of crystal methamphetamines and 2,000 baht given to him by the undercover cops.

http://www.pattayama...ug-charges-6068

Alt. link with photo: http://www.ethailand.com/news/frenchman-arrested-in-pattaya-police-drug-dealing-sting-in-central-pattaya-202092.html

Edited by TAWP

Why are the money/ATM scams here so often perpetrated by people originating from former French colonies?

Are people from other countries not doing the crimes in the first place, or just not getting caught?

Darrel, do you want the e-mail address of my "Friend" in Nigeria? He has a huge inheritance he needs help with but sadly I don't have the spare cash.

Why are the money/ATM scams here so often perpetrated by people originating from former French colonies?

Are people from other countries not doing the crimes in the first place, or just not getting caught?

some part of USA and CANADA was former French colony too ........Vietnam Cambogia , Laos

some part of USA and CANADA was former French colony too ........Vietnam Cambogia , Laos

Indeed. But these people always seem to originate from African countries that were former French (or at least French-speaking) colonies, and not from other parts of the world, or even other parts of Africa.