Mazda Bt-50 Launched

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.2 is diesel, 2.5 is benzine.

The 2.5 is fitted to the low spec models aimed at courier drivers who will convert to gas (LPG/NGV).

Thanks for that clarification! thumbsup.gif

What did you decide to do with your 2.2L truck?

6 months on it is still sitting in pieces, Ford after-sales service is second to none !!!

The 2.5 is fitted to the low spec models aimed at courier drivers who will convert to gas (LPG/NGV).

Thanks for that clarification! thumbsup.gif

6 months on it is still sitting in pieces.

Mine is the top model Bt-50 Pro (DBL 4x4 3.2 R AT ABS/DSC/Leather) with the 140,000km 5 year warranty Mazda extended warranty included (20k baht value) it will somewhere around mid-30k km traveled when sold. Price is a good question that I do not know the answer right now. but I guess it would be in the 700k range it was over 1 million new with taxes. It would come with 1st insurance. It has a few extra's like 3m film, stainless sill scuff guards, rubber mats, bed liner,and high output head lamps.

What color is your truck and what is the difference between your Bt-50 Pro model and the Bt-50 Hi Rider model?

My color is white. The Hi rider is a Pro which is lifted to same ride height as a 4x4 and mine being a 4x4 it they are the same height. In other words, the Hi Rider is not 4x4 but has the ground clearance of the 4x4 model.

OK, I got the Pro - Hi Rider part, but why does Ford/Mazda sell the 2.2L model and the 2.5L engine?

Your truck is '12/'13(?) and has leather seats? What does the 'R' stand for?

Your truck has just about all the options I am looking for: 4 door, AT, 3.2L, the 4x4 would be a sweet bonus and the extended warranty, a feature to seal a deal(!) - but - the White exterior color is the one thing that I just happen to like the least.

Burnsie's truck has the Black color that I have always liked in my vehicles, Black really shines, but my preference for the 2.2L ranks about the same as my personal like for White colored trucks, thus, my personal conundrum.

I do not know what the R stands for at the moment, maybe something to do with reverse backup system or traction control or hill decent control feature set. Yes it has perfect black leather interior. The 3.2l much more fun to drive than the 2.2, Mazda only has 4x4 with 3.2L motors.

Did not know they sell also 2.5l benzine engines. That would be an interesting alternative with LPG or CNG conversion. Nissan sells a Navara model with 140l CNG tank (but only available in the 2-door-big cabin version, not 4 doors).

2.5l benzine is not listed as for sale in the Thai retail market only diesel models. If it is available I would guess it would be fleet option. It is available overseas in other markets and manufactured in Thailand.

yeah my bad, I do not know if Mazda do one or not, I know ford (Ranger) does as we have one here for the development of an OE CNG conversion, also developing a CNG conversion on the 2.2 diesel as well which will make for the basis of a nice LPG injected compound turbo 2.2 engine (hey I gotta do something with my old engine !!).

Edited by Spoonman

Thanks for that clarification! thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

6 months on it is still sitting in pieces, Ford after-sales service is second to none !!!

2.5l benzine is not listed as for sale in the Thai retail market only diesel models. If it is available I would guess it would be fleet option. It is available overseas in other markets and manufactured in Thailand.

yeah my bad, I do not know if Mazda do one or not, I know ford (Ranger) does as we have one here for the development of an OE CNG conversion, also developing a CNG conversion on the 2.2 diesel as well which will make for the basis of a nice LPG injected compound turbo 2.2 engine (hey I gotta do something with my old engine !!).

Sorry to hear your truck isn't back up and running! sad.png

... and, yeah, it seems those 2.5L are diesels that Mazda offers on their BT-50 Free Style cab models and (only?) with MT.

My color is white. The Hi rider is a Pro which is lifted to same ride height as a 4x4 and mine being a 4x4 it they are the same height. In other words, the Hi Rider is not 4x4 but has the ground clearance of the 4x4 model.

Mine is the top model Bt-50 Pro (DBL 4x4 3.2 R AT ABS/DSC/Leather) with the 140,000km 5 year warranty Mazda extended warranty included (20k baht value) it will somewhere around mid-30k km traveled when sold. Price is a good question that I do not know the answer right now. but I guess it would be in the 700k range it was over 1 million new with taxes. It would come with 1st insurance. It has a few extra's like 3m film, stainless sill scuff guards, rubber mats, bed liner,and high output head lamps.

OK, I got the Pro - Hi Rider part, but why does Ford/Mazda sell the 2.2L model and the 2.5L engine?

Your truck is '12/'13(?) and has leather seats? What does the 'R' stand for?

Your truck has just about all the options I am looking for: 4 door, AT, 3.2L, the 4x4 would be a sweet bonus and the extended warranty, a feature to seal a deal(!) - but - the White exterior color is the one thing that I just happen to like the least.

Burnsie's truck has the Black color that I have always liked in my vehicles, Black really shines, but my preference for the 2.2L ranks about the same as my personal like for White colored trucks, thus, my personal conundrum.

I do not know what the R stands for at the moment, maybe something to do with reverse backup system or traction control or hill decent control feature set. Yes it has perfect black leather interior. The 3.2l much more fun to drive than the 2.2, Mazda only has 4x4 with 3.2L motors.

I saw a few cool looking BT-50s on the road this morning including a White one. After looking closely at a parked Gray colored 4x4 model just like yours, the color White has moved up a couple notches on my personal 'Color of Preference' scale! thumbsup.gif

• 4 weeks later...

just bought a BT-50 four door

i want one of those sports bars with rails and an integrated sliding cover

like this one i saw on an advert

anyone any ides who makes it ?

i have looked carryboy and alpha websites but can't find it

post-81023-0-15571400-1388195463_thumb.j

Edited by blackman

bump

anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, just to let you know I've reduced the price of my mint condition BT-50 from 795000b to 769000b, the ads on thaivisa classifieds

Cheers burnsie.

I just knew your pickup would have been sold long ago!

The price reduction should open up those flood gates of buyers. coffee1.gif

bump

anyone?

found it!

its a presto bar

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let all know, my Hi-Rider BT-50 Pro is still for sale and I'm just about to reduce it to 750000 baht.

Cheers, burnsie.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just listed My BT-50 Pro 4x4 3.2L 4Door with lots of extras here on thaivisa for 769,000 3.2l 4x4 AT!

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/cars/mazda-bt-50-pro-double-cab-4x4-3-2-261903.html

Wow!

With Spoonman's and you guys good selection of top tier pickups: Mazda 2.2L vs Mazda 3.2 L - 4x4, up against their Ford counterparts and in today's new 'buyer's market ....

This is going to be very interesting 'Shootout'! coffee1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just listed My BT-50 Pro 4x4 3.2L 4Door with lots of extras here on thaivisa for 769,000 3.2l 4x4 AT!

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/cars/mazda-bt-50-pro-double-cab-4x4-3-2-261903.html

All is good!! sold my BT 50 for the full asking price!! Good luck selling your real deal BT 50 4x4 and getting out of here, now time to give the kids a proper education with a country that has proper values ;)

• Like 2

All is good!! sold my BT 50 for the full asking price!! Good luck selling your real deal BT 50 4x4 and getting out of here, now time to give the kids a proper education with a country that has proper values wink.png

Good luck to you and your kids...thumbsup.gif

(BTW,which country is that...?)wink.png

Don't laugh it's the UK:) but I still think compared to the utter selfishness and recklessness I see on a daily basis over here, I think my kids are better off there.. Don't want to derail the thread, but after living here twice it's just my humble :) opinion

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

bump

anyone?

found it!

its a presto bar

Who supplies them, a Google search reveals absolutely nothing.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

bump

anyone?

found it!

its a presto bar

Who supplies them, a Google search reveals absolutely nothing.

Your prayers are answered my son lol https://www.facebook.com/rollerupbyrt

Edited by bkkjames

They also don't come with airbags and reverse sensors, unlike the Ozzie version.

I was surprised to learn today that none of the Mazda BT50 model come equipped with sat/nav.