Best Sushi Deal?

stevo

the Japanese buffet at the Emerald Hotel on Ratchadapisek is pretty good. Plenty of sushi and other stuff.

If I remember correctly, its slightly cheaper than Oishi.

Also a good one at the Japanese restaurant in Thaniya Plaza. Can't remember the name. Its on the 2nd floor I think. Its quite popular with Japanese businessmen so i guess its up to scratch. They do a very reasonably priced lunch buffet.

Might not be one for the purists but the sushi you can buy in the supermarket at Central Chidlom is pretty good and quite cheap too.

• 2 weeks later...

Best sushi deal? They sell sushi for 5 baht a piece on the street or you can get a dinner box for around 50 baht at some sky train stops or super markets. But if you are talking Oishi it sounds more like you are interested in the best sushi, not the best deal as I don't know of a more expensive place. I think Oishi now only uses high quality stuff imported from Japan.

The best Japanese restaurant i've been to in Bangkok is Takatei on KSR. Its run by a Japanese man. The food excellent. Fuji and Oishi etc are food chains. The food is ok but made to Thai tastes. My friends gf is Japanese and hates Oishi , Fuji etc but is well impressed with the one on KSR.

the Japanese buffet at the Emerald Hotel on Ratchadapisek is pretty good. Plenty of sushi and other stuff.

If I remember correctly, its slightly cheaper than Oishi.

Also a good one at the Japanese restaurant in Thaniya Plaza. Can't remember the name. Its on the 2nd floor I think. Its quite popular with Japanese businessmen so i guess its up to scratch. They do a very reasonably priced lunch buffet.

Might not be one for the purists but the sushi you can buy in the supermarket at Central Chidlom is pretty good and quite cheap too.

Daichi , Emerald Hotel :o

Where is this Takatai?  And what does KSR stands for?

I love Japanese food........:D:o

KSR - Kao San Road aka back packers heaven

Oishi is cheap but hardly authentic.

Best value sushi ( price v taste ) I found was at the outlet at the entrance to the MBK foodcourt. Sets start at just 40b. Also, the teppanyaki place a few stalls down is also really good & the chefs good fun!

Isn't this the B399 or B499 all-you-can-east sushi on belt conveyor? That was the worst sushi I had anywhere on the planet. I wouldn't recommend Fuji or Oishi either. There are many Japanese restaurants out there and you just can't expect anything authentic at places where the customer base is majority Thai. For the quality of the food they serve, Fuji, Zen or Oishi are not even cheap in my opinoin.

Some of the best sushi I had in Bangkok was Nippontei on Rajdamri in a building where JETRO is located, but years ago we spent something of B16,000 with a few beers and sake for a party of four. I had sashimi at a restaurant called "Uomasa" in Japanese village in Thonglor which I found to be OK, also a place called Sushi-chu on the 3rd floor of all season's place. But then again I can easily spend more than B3,000 for two at either of these places. Another conveyor belt served sushi bar in Amarin Plaza (BTS Chidlom station) called Genki sushi is OK for the price, for a machine-made sushi. As a Japanese I find it disgusting that the chefs wear plastic medical glove to serve sushi but for B1,000 budget-for-two restaurant I wouldn't complain too much.

Edited by Nordlys

In bangkok, where's the best sushi deal one can find. So far, I have found Oishi on soi 55

Soi Thaniya (aka Little Ginza), off Suriwong Road, has got to be one of the best places to eat sushi. Go where the local Japanese go for entertainment. I cannot recommend any particular sushi place at Thaniya, however. All of them are above average in quality and price.

• 4 years later...

Dunno about best sushi, but SHABUSHI would be the best value eating in Bangers. 1 hour eat all ya can.

Lot of good sushi and tempura and related.

Main thing is the "Choo Choo Train" conveyor for hotpot, great variety.

MK next door not a patch on

.........SHABUSHI...........

There are a number around, Central World, but we like...

Shabu Shi Restaurant

Major Ekkamai

Sukhumvit Road,

BTS Ekkamai.

Bangkok

Edited by Zpete

Tsubaki on Sukhumvit soi 33/1 (down the end opposite Fuji) has an all-you-can-eat for less than 300 Baht, lunch time Saturday & Sunday. Best to get there 12-12:30. It is a sushi train.

Edited by stub

Oishi buffet is one of the best, and I think it is around 300 Baht as well. There was mention of a place in Siam Square that has a buffet as well, but I haven't been.

Taketai is still in Khao San, but I've never been in. Does anyone know if it's still good? I think the suit sellers next door that tout in the street are what keep me away from it the most.