Fish Thieves

You have just got to love the place. We are off to Pattaya then Australia tomorrow. All rubber tapping has finished and we have shut the factory. Yesterday moved the rolling machines etc into the shed and locked them away. The workers who live on site packed up and went back to their village.

Today went to pick up the dog and bring him home. Now at the factory we have a small fish farm, nothing grand just some small ponds and one big one. Now unlike the factory which has movement lights and CCtv, the ponds are not covered. Neighbor tells us that during the night a pickup with a bunch of lads came and did a spot of fishing with electrodes, leaving with a pickup load of fish. I haven't even gone and they are stealing my fish.

What can you do, got anyone who was interested from our village, went back to the pond and cleaned it out. The village will be eating fish for a week.

Luckily this was not a money making venture, just a part of my plan of diversification to avoid starvation. Jim

• Like 1

Never mind the fish Jim, - concentrate on beer...............laugh.png

No beer today, have to leave at 5 in the morning to catch the earky flight to BKK. Have a good Hash. Jim

Wish you well down under - and looking forward to having you back! biggrin.png

Jim what is the process to be able to do this? They can't do it with a battery? Do they start a generator and then zap the water? We managed the net robbers by placing barbed wire under the water in some of our ponds but have been told about this method but don't know how it is done. Thanks for any help

A 12v motocycle battery (working condition), an invertor, 2m x 2 strong bamboo rods with metal sticking out at rods end... optional (usually left hand rod as right hand is the bell switch rod) equipt with a hand-size scooping net so not to bend down to collect the stunt fishes, 2 x 3m of 2x0.5 soft wire, door-bell switch, black wiring tape,15 LED head lamp and a collection basket with rope to tie to waist, a miscellanous bag made from feed sack to put knife, kup kam & lao khao laugh.png

Edited by RedBullHorn

yes, WE enter the water to do this, usually in the dark past midnight to avoid authorities like village head, village security gang or fishery department...normally i'm the one holding the small glass and lao khao tongue.png

Edited by RedBullHorn

A 12v motocycle battery (working condition), an invertor, 2m x 2 strong bamboo rods with metal sticking out at rods end... optional (usually left hand rod as right hand is the bell switch rod) equipt with a hand-size scooping net so not to bend down to collect the stunt fishes, 2 x 3m of 2x0.5 soft wire, door-bell switch, black wiring tape,15 LED head lamp and a collection basket with rope to tie to waist, a miscellanous bag made from feed sack to put knife, kup kam & lao khao laugh.png

Jim

Looks like we've got the culprit ---------- only joking RBH

• Like 1

Hi James ... have a safe trip back home ... or is it just that you no longer call Australia home?

My Thai gf parents are both Fish and Prawn Farmers and I was most curious that Father slept in something the size of a garden shed where the 4 ponds touch.

Your problem reveals why he does just this.

Also why there are so many 'Farm Dogs' who look perpetually hungry.

Our local Prawn farm have replaced the dogs with Geese, they are huge bloody things.

Also, Every pond has at least one hut with people staying in it over night, and although I have not personally seen any, I have been assured there is allot of "fire power" protecting these farms.

If it makes you feel any better.We had a person walking on our roof 2 nights ago.They were trying to get yang to sell.Next day we were swamped with ideas from my wifes family.

1 is obvious get a gun.I'm a lover and can't imagine pulling the trigger.

2nd is more my style.My wifes aunty and our mentor..Said buy electric fence wire from local hardware and put it around everywhere.Plug it straight into the main power supply.I said to my wife What for, I've only seen about 10 cows in a 20 squared KM area around here ,this is a yang area not a cow area Also,Ahh wouldn't that kind of get you in trouble with the authorities.She said ''no it's to keep the cows out.''Not your fault if somebody walks into it and barbques themself.''Oh right I said.Sometimes I'm so STUPID''jap.gif .

I heard this did happen around here about a month ago.Rescue picked the barbqued robber off the fence.Job accomplished.

Edited by cobbler

Our local Prawn farm have replaced the dogs with Geese, they are huge bloody things.

Also, Every pond has at least one hut with people staying in it over night, and although I have not personally seen any, I have been assured there is allot of "fire power" protecting these farms.

Geese make much better alarms than dogs, just as agressive, just as loud and unlike a dog they can't be placated or distracted.

• Like 1

Geese make much better alarms than dogs, just as agressive, just as loud and unlike a dog they can't be placated or distracted.

Do these walking shotguns attack kids too?I mean freinds kids?

Also do these flying pissed off birds attack at night when robbers are walking on my roof looking to steal my yang? Edited by soundman
Quote tags

They pretty much go off at anything, it's more noise than threat though. Notice I said alarm, not protect.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would find it just a little ironic when the geese eat all the fish. laugh.png

Except that geese are grazers and dont eat fish.

LOl remember getting attacked by a bloody great goose in a churchyard in East Anglia...can't remember what I was trying to do there.??

We have five dogs on our rubber farm...during all the rain we had some cup rubber stolen from the periphery of one part of our farm. Fricking dogs were all asleep under the house out of the rain I guess.

Now have installed sun down sun up auto lighting ....probably won't make any difference except to my electric bill.......lol

I would find it just a little ironic when the geese eat all the fish. laugh.png

Except that geese are grazers and dont eat fish.

A certain aussie pig farmer I know tried blaming the geese for stealing neighbours fish but after confronting him with this evidence he admitted he was having trouble keeping the buggers in at night.

post-64535-0-08265500-1330757929_thumb.p