Shipping Containers

cornishcarlos

Hi all,

Not sure which forum this should be in but I'll try it here..

I'm in the process of a coffee shop project in Surat Thani.. Land preparation is complete, landscaping is currently in progress around the perimeter.

But I still haven't decided on a final design for the actual coffee shop or toilets but have seen a few shipping container conversions that look good.

Just wondering if anyone knows, where it would be possible to buy used units, how much they would be and also any experience of converting them to other uses.

Many thanks,

Sounds like a money pit. Hope she's real cute.

Just go to the nearest port and have a Thai man ask how much a used container would cost delivered to your site. There should be easily ten choices for used containers for sale. Don't let anyone see you.

Yes you could have some one go to the port and just start asking around...

Or you could try the below company...

http://www.containerconstruction.com/en/index.php

The thing to remember is that if you are not planning on using it for sea tranport ever.. then you should advise that it does not need to be "Sea Worthy", and this should bring the proce down a bit.

Just like to add, that in many cases, it may not be the cheapest way to go if you are planning on building in a set place with no plans of ever moving.

The main benfit to using a converted container is the ability to move it from site to site to site...

KDC, why does it sound like a money pit ?? You can deduce that from the info I have given !! You must have some hidden talent :) We are doing everything ourselves and it's not costing too much surprisingly..

I'm not looking for the most cost effective building solution, rather build something a little different and eye catching.

Thanks for the helpful replies