Naan Bread - Where ?

johnboy3739w

Friend ship sells it. Also there is a shop on 3Rd road between South pattaya Rd and soi lenke that sells it. Think its even printed on the sign.

Strange I have been shopping at Friendship for over 10 years and have never seen Naan bread apart from some frozen stuff 2 or 3 years ago. Are you sure you know what Naan Bread is?

Friend ship sells it. Also there is a shop on 3Rd road between South pattaya Rd and soi lenke that sells it. Think its even printed on the sign.

Strange I have been shopping at Friendship for over 10 years and have never seen Naan bread apart from some frozen stuff 2 or 3 years ago. Are you sure you know what Naan Bread is?

They still sell the frozen stuff,or did last week ,there was also a thread on here some time ago about a place in Thepprasit that sells home made curry (very good) they sell them as well.

They still sell the frozen stuff,or did last week ,there was also a thread on here some time ago about a place in Thepprasit that sells home made curry (very good) they sell them as well.

I believe that in the case of Friendship you may be mistaking the frozen Roti that they stock for Naan bread, i would be very happy if I could get naan in Friendship.

I believe that in the case of Friendship you may be mistaking the frozen Roti that they stock for Naan bread, i would be very happy if I could get naan in Friendship.

Maybe I'm confused ad the stuff I buy is fresh and not frozen... they come 3 to a pack for 30thb

The place on third road has a huge brown/white sign but reads PITA bread not naan If we are thinking about the same place.

The place on third road has a huge brown/white sign but reads PITA bread not naan If we are thinking about the same place.

Yes that is the place I was think of... Have you been inside? Do they not sell naan?

I just went and educated myself on naan and the fresh stuff I get at friendship sure looks like the stuff I see on wiki. Pretty sure it has yeast in it. It's on top of the flat that is next to the fresh coffee beans. I usually pick up a few packs and them throw them in the freezer. I would be happy to include a picture of what I buy if that would help.

"Maybe I'm confused ad the stuff I buy is fresh and not frozen... they come 3 to a pack for 30thb"

Pita.

Nan breads are about 30 baht each.There is an indian restaraunt on soibukhaw,heading towards the market on right,they cook them fresh for u .

So I just had some of the friendship naan/pita that I buy fresh (not frozen). It goes great with my home made hummus. I'm still in the dark with how to tell if it's naan or pita as I do not see any way to open it so their is a pocket which is always what I thought pita does.

Please someone enlighten me as the packaging is clear plastic without anything but a friendship sticker and expiration date.

soi 5/1 Thepprasit. ABC foods stands for Alexanders British Cuisine i believe. great nan's, curries, pasties pies etc. for some thing different try the korma pasty's and vindaloo Pizza's. co-ordinates below. Fon is her name. the best i have found in Patters.

• 5 months later...

Naan bread is usually prepared using yoghurt &/or ghee, teardrop shaped, light and airy with nice browned areas where it was stuck to the side of the tandoor.

Pita bread is usually prepared using yoghurt. its sour and dense & round.

Paratha is another awesome Indian bread, not a shop in pattaya....

All of the above made fresh are delicious & easy to do provided ur not trying to make them in a microwave or a sandwich toaster.

The supermarket frozen ones are more like awful pizza bases.

• Like 1

soi 5/1 Thepprasit. ABC foods stands for Alexanders British Cuisine i believe. great nan's, curries, pasties pies etc. for some thing different try the korma pasty's and vindaloo Pizza's. co-ordinates below. Fon is her name. the best i have found in Patters.

was there the other day the vindaloo is great so are the balti pasties,also they have naan bread ,but it is never as good as straight from the oven.

K. Fon (aka by me as the pie lady) makes great naan bread - post 21. Her home-made sausages are the best in Pattaya. Big meaty pies and dessert crumbles are super. Curries are very authentic. Supplies pappadoms too. Once bitten etc ........... and a lovely lady too. Worth a visit

K. Fon (aka by me as the pie lady) makes great naan bread - post 21. Her home-made sausages are the best in Pattaya. Big meaty pies and dessert crumbles are super. Curries are very authentic. Supplies pappadoms too. Once bitten etc ........... and a lovely lady too. Worth a visit

Yes, agreed, but they are frozen, so buy them on your way home.