Koh Larn Beach Getting Really Filthy

Jale

What used to be a real clean beach close to Pattaya, Samae Beach on Koh Larn is now loaded with rubbish with a lot of plastic bags floating a few inches below the surface. They look to have been in the water for quite some time with many of them starting to be covered with algae, so I'm not sure they are from a local dump or coming all the way from the main land, but it's very sad to see what used to be a pristine beach turning the way Pattaya beach itself has turned.

I haven't been to another Koh Larn beach lately so I don't know if it's specific to Samae. Anyone?

it is about 18 months to 2 years since I was there last and it was a stinking rubbish pit then and getting worse.

There is no education system in Thailand to teach to stop dumping crap all over it.

I have just come out a 7/11 where the girl wanted to give me a plastic bag for a bottle of juice I had already started drinking as I was paying for it.

If its not in polystyrene or plastic then its not edible in LOS.....I was also on Shukumvit near the underwater world where a spill of plastic used shampoo bottles were scattered for about 50 mtrs - no one is going to clean it up. It will just get washed down the the already clogged drains.

Does any of the Condo sales people ever think that piles of rotting garbage the length and breadth of the town might just be putting potential buyers off ???

Point in case is the new 2nd road in Jomtien...or in Thai...this way to the local landfill folks...!!! come and dump all your garbage in Jomtien - not even the Tourists will notice never mind the locals.

Edited by Rimmer
Raciist flame
  • Like 1

It's just that time of year with the hot season coming in and the ocean is changing as it does every year. Even the beaches in NaJomtien etc. are filthy once again. It's everywhere right now.

yeah but litter bugging is a big problem in Thailand and elsewhere in the world, one of my personal hat3s....how hard would it be to start a program of education in the schools...don't drop litter...instead of all these lofty goals of we want to be a hub of this and that....Thai's your country is a pigsty - mine ain't perfect but litter is literally everywhere in Thailand ....Yuck! rant over....

• Like 1

Did anybody consider the recent flood up Bangkok way? The worst flood in 60 years with all that trash built up and flushed out into the gulf. Taken awhile to get down here. Sounds about right to me.

Possible, but I have to add that the current was coming from the South, like it generally does in Koh Larn.

Edited by Jale

it is about 18 months to 2 years since I was there last and it was a stinking rubbish pit then and getting worse.

There is no education system in Thailand to teach to stop dumping crap all over it.

I have just come out a 7/11 where the girl wanted to give me a plastic bag for a bottle of juice I had already started drinking as I was paying for it.

If its not in polystyrene or plastic then its not edible in LOS.....I was also on Shukumvit near the underwater world where a spill of plastic used shampoo bottles were scattered for about 50 mtrs - no one is going to clean it up. It will just get washed down the the already clogged drains.

Does any of the Condo sales people ever think that piles of rotting garbage the length and breadth of the town might just be putting potential buyers off ???

Point in case is the new 2nd road in Jomtien...or in Thai...this way to the local landfill folks...!!! come and dump all your garbage in Jomtien - not even the Tourists will notice never mind the locals.

Thanks for the tip...I've got some household trash I need to get rid of.

As for the dirty beaches, serves the toffs who buy these beach-front condos right for moving to and bidding up the price of everything in Pattaya.

FOR YEARS the further you go North from Patters the more trash you see on the beach. Dont believe me? Take a trip up to Bang Saen (Burapha Univ (sp)) beach area. There you will see grading equipment to clean the beach each morning. Many time worse than Patters. Must be washing down from BKK.

Yes there is littering everywhere. The more people the more trash.

I agree..if you feel so strong on this subject.....join the clean up crew.

FOR YEARS the further you go North from Patters the more trash you see on the beach. Dont believe me? Take a trip up to Bang Saen (Burapha Univ (sp)) beach area. There you will see grading equipment to clean the beach each morning. Many time worse than Patters. Must be washing down from BKK.

Yes there is littering everywhere. The more people the more trash.

I agree..if you feel so strong on this subject.....join the clean up crew.

I would love to mate but would be worried about being busted for not havin a work permit....

• Like 1

Did anybody consider the recent flood up Bangkok way? The worst flood in 60 years with all that trash built up and flushed out into the gulf. Taken awhile to get down here. Sounds about right to me.

That must be the case, because Koh Larn is usually considered a clean beach

Kon Larn has quite a few beaches. The main beach - Tawaen Beach - has always had floating garbage anytime I've been there. We were sitting on the beach and asked the beach vendor for an ash tray - she pointed to the sand. Obviously in February, one of the busiest months of the year, the problem will be worse.

When it rained last week, the big pipes near walking street were spewing black water, and it really stank like sewage. It all goes somewhere.

Where do you think the overflow water from septic tanks goes? Most apartments and townhouses don't have drainage (seepage) fields and the septic tank water flows into the storm drains.

I've been having trouble with my seepage tank and the guy from the council who pumps out septic tanks suggested I run an overflow pipe to the storm drain outside - I didn't follow his advice, so at least you'll not be swimming in my sewage.giggle.gif