Thai Woman Sentenced To Death In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking

webfact

Woman to hang for drugs

SHAH ALAM: -- A Thai woman was teary-eyed when she was sentenced to death by the High Court yesterday for trafficking in drugs which were found in her stomach.

Thai national Miss Raveeploy Sangkam being led away by police after the Shah Alam High Court sentenced her to death for trafficking in drugs. Pic by Farizul Hafiz Awang

Judge Noor Azian Shaari sentenced Miss Raveeploy Sangkam, 28, a sales girl, to death after finding her guilty of trafficking in 765.9g of cocaine at the toilet of room number 28, wad 6B, Serdang Hospital in Sepang between 6.35pm on Nov 5 and 11.05pm on Nov 8, 2010.

It took Miss Raveeploy four days to discharge the drugs which were found in 83 pellets.

Noor Azian said Miss Raveeploy's defence of being on transit would not reduce the charge.

"Even though she has a ticket to another country (Bangkok), it is unreasonable to use it as a defence."

"If this were so, Malaysia would be a haven for drug traffickers," said Noor Azian.

In her own defence, Miss Raveeploy said she had befriended an Argentinian called "Rado" via the Internet and he had offered her US$5,000 to take the drugs from Buenos Aires to Bangkok.

She then flew to Buenos Aires and swallowed the 83 pellets before boarding the flight to Kuala Lumpur.

Source: http://www.nst.com.m...r-drugs-1.45016

-- nst.com.my 2012-02-11

footer_n.gif

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good, no sympathy at all.

These people know the score and if they get away with it, fine, they get paid for the job and continue on to the next time. If they are tumbled and meet a traumatic end, than it must be considered as an occupational hazard.

Unlike the prostitutes who claim they are being used as slave labour when the job doesn’t work out, there will be no cavalry coming to the rescue.

• Like 2

This notice really says it all. Ignore the notice at your peril.

drugs-warning-malaysia.jpg

Can't do the time,don't do the crime, Sadly the girl didn't consider the penalty no time off for good behaviour just an eternal sentence.

My feelings are thus. " she was the sacrifice to let the big fish go through."

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

These people know the score and if they get away with it, fine, they get paid for the job and continue on to the next time. If they are tumbled and meet a traumatic end, than it must be considered as an occupational hazard.

Unlike the prostitutes who claim they are being used as slave labour when the job doesn’t work out, there will be no cavalry coming to the rescue.

And who are you to judge..... you know nothing of that young girls situation.... obviously she was desperate for cash to take such a risk... God be with her... and as for you.... you have obviously sold your soul already to make such a cruel statement.... horrible person...

bakseedaa.... I dont believe many of us have sympathy for drug traffickers no matter what their personal situation... More to the point however is think of the greater harm that these people do... many many lives are wrecked, crimes committed, innocent people affected all due to drug trafficking.. yes i feel sorry for the girl and maybe she was desperate or naive but in terms of the greater good Im all for death penalty for hard drug trafficking.... there can be no individual justification for drug trafficking otherwise we enter into a whole new era.... feel sorry for the girl and her plight yes.... want to see her treated in a different way...NO.

• Like 1

And who are you to judge..... you know nothing of that young girls situation.... obviously she was desperate for cash to take such a risk... God be with her... and as for you.... you have obviously sold your soul already to make such a cruel statement.... horrible person...

bakseedaa.... I dont believe many of us have sympathy for drug traffickers no matter what their personal situation... More to the point however is think of the greater harm that these people do... many many lives are wrecked, crimes committed, innocent people affected all due to drug trafficking.. yes i feel sorry for the girl and maybe she was desperate or naive but in terms of the greater good Im all for death penalty for hard drug trafficking.... there can be no individual justification for drug trafficking otherwise we enter into a whole new era.... feel sorry for the girl and her plight yes.... want to see her treated in a different way...NO.

By the way.. noticed a few weeks ago a report in Singapore papers where crime rates had gone down by 5% year on year and drug related crime had gone down by 8%. Contract this to other more lenient nations. Singapore has what one may call draconian measures in regards to serious crime but whether it is draconian or not it works.

• Like 1

A life should never be taken full stop, this is why the human race is on self destruction mode, talk before thinking,act with out thinking!!!

Maybe the world is in such a pickle because of people that think like you! Here are a few examples of scum that have no right to live once caught.

1. Child rapists.

2. Woman beaters and rapists.

3. Serial killers

4. Drug lords.

5. Contract Murderers

6. Terrorists

7. Drug Pushers

8. Career Criminals

9. Dictators and War criminals like Hitler, Sadum Haussan, Kudaffee etc

I am sure with some extra thought this list could easily be expanded. But hopefully you get the point. Maybe you acted without thinking! clap2.gif

• Like 1

It's a pointless act. Death penalty or no, there will always be a never ending supply of poor, desperate or stupid mules to carry drugs.

They should have used her to catch someone meaningful.

• Like 2

Yes I don't agree with drug traffickers etc. either however I do feel sorry for these poor woman who are lured into this kind of situation just because they want money to help their mom, dad, sisters etc.

When the general public used the words "Drug Traffickers" it paints a picture of a serial criminal whose life is only this however when you get an "office worker" girl who is actually seduced and lured into this "big money" scheme it paints a different picture in my mind. She might or might not be a career criminal but we are not to decide.

What if her office job is paying her 6000 baht per month and her father is dying in hospital and needs money for treatment and a poor girl is lured into this one-off act to help her dying father? Should she die for that?

beetlejuice: with your "hang em high" attitude you only show that you have no compassion for the human race. To have an opinion about drug dealers, death penalties is one thing but to say that you "have no sympathy" paints you as an outcast of society and your penalty should be even greater then hers.

None of us know the true reasons why she did it or if like the article says she is just an office girl but either way I for one don't think she deserves to die. My god rest her should and watch over her family. My condolences.

• Like 2

A life should never be taken full stop, this is why the human race is on self destruction mode, talk before thinking,act with out thinking!!!

Maybe the world is in such a pickle because of people that think like you! Here are a few examples of scum that have no right to live once caught.

1. Child rapists.

3. Serial killers

4. Drug lords.

5. Contract Murderers

6. Terrorists

7. Drug Pushers

8. Career Criminals

I am sure with some extra thought this list could easily be expanded. But hopefully you get the point. Maybe you acted without thinking! clap2.gif

and if your son or daughter falls within one of the listed groups, what's your stand then...?

• Like 1

It's a pointless act. Death penalty or no, there will always be a never ending supply of poor, desperate or stupid mules to carry drugs.

They should have used her to catch someone meaningful.

Yes, it always sad to see people lure into being a mule while the real scuker live on hunting for another mules for another day. Hope the government of more countries will do their best campaign to impartial the knowledge of not being used by Drug lord. Death penalty or not? I cannot comment but i have this to say to Drug lord: You are 'bas-tard', why dont you carry the drug yourself and may you die in the most horrible ways.

Edited by Commentor

1. Child rapists.

3. Serial killers

4. Drug lords.

5. Contract Murderers

6. Terrorists

7. Drug Pushers

8. Career Criminals

10. sex buyers.

No leader has ever did as much good for his fellow country men as colonel Gadaffi did.

• Like 1

By the way.. noticed a few weeks ago a report in Singapore papers where crime rates had gone down by 5% year on year and drug related crime had gone down by 8%. Contract this to other more lenient nations. Singapore has what one may call draconian measures in regards to serious crime but whether it is draconian or not it works.

Unless all countries did this it will have a menial effect on the actual importation of illegal narcotics. ! What a waste of life. What a waste of time. The punishment does not fit the crime by any means. Thank God I don't know of nor have ever personally known someone who's gone something like this. For the people who are burning the witch, I sure hope karma (gham) doesn't bite you in the rear. (OR THE NECK)

1. Child rapists.

3. Serial killers

4. Drug lords.

5. Contract Murderers

6. Terrorists

7. Drug Pushers

8. Career Criminals

10. sex buyers.

No leader has ever did as much good for his fellow country men as colonel Gadaffi did.

Sex buyers?? Unless the prostitutes are slaves or children, it is a victim-less situation. You forgot to take your pills this morning

He is 100% right,u are wrong and a doggoder.The country has the death penaly,she was peddling drugs,she will be killed nothing more to say,good riddance to drug peddlers.I am desperate for cash but would i peddle drugs in a country that gives the death penalty,of course not.The gut who spoke the truth is an horrible person and u say the drugs smuggler was desperate,u are the bad person.

Yet the human race has survived, taking lives, for thousands of years - no signs yet that the species is in ecline --- 7 billion and growing.

This woman seems to have been aware of what she was doing and did it for the money. Her motives are unimportant.

Edited by Gers1873

Yet the human race has survived, taking lives, for thousands of years - no signs yet that the species is in ecline --- 7 billion and growing.

This woman seems to have been aware of what she was doing and did it for the money. Her motives are unimportant.

I bet you think hitler had it right then.. There's plenty of people in the world. Why not kill of 10 million jews.?

Do you REALLY believe that the punishment fits the crime? Do you know the reasons for punishment fitting the crimes? What if someone stuck a bottle of narcotics in your bag on the way to Malaysia? Do you think automatically getting the death penalty for you would be justified.? Your motives would be unimportant.hit-the-fan.gif

I bet you think hitler had it right then.. There's plenty of people in the world. Why not kill of 10 million jews.?

IYour comment smacks of total ignorance. You do not even know me sir yet you presume to equate my posting with being a Hitler sympathiser? Wow -- and you reached that conclusion how?

not even worth the response......... foxtrot oscar

IYour comment smacks of total ignorance. You do not even know me sir yet you presume to equate my posting with being a Hitler sympathiser? Wow -- and you reached that conclusion how?

not even worth the response......... foxtrot oscar

You're saying "Oh well" another dead.. The world will survive.. You could care less. Must have been in Thailand a long time to get to that mentality. Charlie uniform November tango
  • Like 1