American Woman Stabbed To Death At Fraser Suite Hotel In Bangkok

webfact

Apparently he did not have his own room, since it appears he left without checking out.

Interesting that the hotel noticed him leaving with his baggage, but were not suspicious.

He probably had to change his ticket at the airport as well.

Edited by z12

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story seems to be full of speculation .. CCTV shows her with an Indian man (must be her boyfriend), he was seen leaving with his luggage (must have left the country). There are far more questions than answers here .. it would be silly to jump to conclusions. Remember this is Thailand.

Well, duh!

"Immigration records showed him leaving the country since 11 P.M. on Sunday."

Dead for 20 hours?? Her body was not discovered until the next afternoon!

What kind of Housekeeping service does this hotel operate?

Probably had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. I would, if I wanted to have a few more hours to run.

Fled the country to where? If he fled to India there may be a chance he'll be expedited or maybe not. Thailand is trying to better relations with India and India is trying to better relations with Thailand. It could have been self defense.

In order to extradite someone, there has to be a viable treaty, and the culprit has to be arrested.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article2752951.ece

currently, India has several criminals that countries like Australia, England, Canada etc. are seeking.

Probably had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. I would, if I wanted to have a few more hours to run.

Brings to mind the story of Van der Sloot the man that murdered the Peruvian woman and fled.

Police say there were "no signs of a struggle"...But she was stabbed several times and strangled...Who writes this drival...? Honestly...

Must be an American thing because this makes 100% sense to me and is an extremely common thing for both police and the news to use the phrase "signs of a struggle" in describing the condition of the room.

Police added there were no signs of struggle and they still cannot determine if any of her valuables are missing.

If we are going to be completely anal then we would need to also point out that her life was valuable and now missing.

Apparently he did not have his own room, since it appears he left without checking out.

Interesting that the hotel noticed him leaving with his baggage, but were not suspicious.

I have never been at a hotel where I have been questioned because me or one of the guests in my room left with baggage before officially checking out ... especially at a hotel like this where you need to pay for your room in advance and/or have an authorization put on your card.

Hmmm...that easy? Just like that? Guy murders her, packs his stuff and goes home? I think there's something more to it

Did you expect him to have a coffee at Starbuck's first?

Not really.

Enters the hotel together with the lady at 7 PM.Kills her,packs his stuff and is on an International flight less than 5 hours after he even entered the lobby of the hotel.

Doesn't sound right.

Again it sounds like some of us are putting too much effort into how this sounds wrong because it is so very apparent this guy did the deed.

Terrible...how does this guy leave the country without anyone noticing? AMAZING THAILAND. Rest in peace.

It would appear they did notice that he left at 11pm Sunday. Should they have noticed he killed somebody, whose body has yet to be discovered, while he was leaving?

Amazing indeed ... but not Thailand.

> She was stabbed in the chest several times and there were signs of strangulation around her neck.

and then

> Police added there were no signs of struggle

I will never understand the police in this country, I am afraid.

Those aren't signs of a struggle.

Those are signs of a murder.

Signs of a struggle would be various things broken around the crime scene, traces of blood etc. under her fingernails from scratching, bruised knuckles etc.

I have never been at a hotel where I have been questioned because me or one of the guests in my room left with baggage before officially checking out ... especially at a hotel like this where you need to pay for your room in advance and/or have an authorization put on your card.

Considering the russian row in Pattaya where they would not let them have there stuff until paid, it seems strange and that nobody complained of noise as well. spur of the moment murder is usually not silent, loud fighting, scream, stuff knocked over.

Edited by z12

Considering the russian row in Pattaya where they would not let them have there stuff until paid, it seems strange and that nobody complained of noise as well. spur of the moment murder is usually not silent, loud fighting, scream, stuff knocked over.

Did you read the part about no signs of struggle and the part about strangulation. It also seems a very very long stretch to somehow connect this was a tour company going bankrupt leaving their customers on their own to pay for their hotel bills.

Did you read the part about no signs of struggle and the part about strangulation. It also seems a very very long stretch to somehow connect this was a tour company going bankrupt leaving their customers on their own to pay for their hotel bills.

That is typical BIB speak, the place could be in a shabbles and they would say there was no sign of a struggle and that it was suicide. But that is a good idea, I think I will try walking past the desk of a few hotels with a bag and see if they say anything to me.

Edited by z12

Maybe his mum was sick and he was in a hurry. Don't know who's drawing these quick conclusions, the news or the police. The running man may not always be guilty. It's easy to pick the path of least resistance, and always harder to find the truth.

Maybe his mum was sick and he was in a hurry. Don't know who's drawing these quick conclusions, the news or the police. The running man may not always be guilty. It's easy to pick the path of least resistance, and always harder to find the truth.

That would be true in an auto accident, as that seems to be the thing to do.

Edited by z12

That is typical BIB speak, the place could be in a shabbles and they would say there was no sign of a struggle and that it was suicide. But that is a good idea, I think I will try walking past the desk of a few hotels with a bag and see if they say anything to me.

Typical doom and gloom Thaivisa poster speak.

Have you never stayed at a hotel? If anyone did say anything to you it would at most be to ask if you needed help. It certainly would be possible the staff at the hotel loaded this guys bag into the taxi for him. People walking past the front desk with bags is a very common scene at hotels. I typically don't even officially checkout of hotels unless I need a final receipt. My stay information as well as my payment information is all provided upon check-in. If I do check-out the process is simply to hand them my card keys at the desk, instead of leaving them in the room, and let them say thank you for staying.

The do not disturb sign helps a lot to keep the maid and roomservice longer outside. A little IQ and the murderer did show the NO DISTURB sign!

Terrible...how does this guy leave the country without anyone noticing? AMAZING THAILAND. Rest in peace.

What you mean? The Indian,if he is the murderer stabbed her at 7:30 PM, went away from Hotel at 8 PM, was leaving country threw Airport at 11 PM at Immigration.

At that time nobody was suspicious. So what you mean -falangjim-?

Usualy 4 and 5 * Hotels have a Creditcard as security for open expensis,

they must not care extensive about possible run away guests with unpaid bills, so not have to question anybody carry a bag around. wai.gif

The do not disturb sign helps a lot to keep the maid and roomservice longer outside. A little IQ and the murderer did show the NO DISTURB sign!

I am confused as to why a No Disturb sign would even need to be used to explain why a hotel services guest rooms once a day and often in the afternoon hours when a guest is occupying the room since they usually do the check-out guests rooms first to make room for incoming guests. If the 20-hours is from 7:30 then it simply means they probably cleaned the room sometime around 3:30pm and if they cleaned it before 7:30 at night the day before this would make them a perfectly normal hotel when it comes to house keeping.

In fact, had their been a Do Not Disturb notice they wouldn't even have cleaned or entered the room unless the guests were supposed to check out that day.

Edited by Nisa

-Nisa-

The NO DISTURB sign gives the murderer more time until the the body is found.

Hotels have a different approach to that sign. Some, let you alone, nobody contacts you. Some, call you or knock on the door before finishing the dayshift and ask if they can do something for you, or, if you need new towels ect.

Fled the country to where? If he fled to India there may be a chance he'll be expedited or maybe not. Thailand is trying to better relations with India and India is trying to better relations with Thailand. It could have been self defense.

Self defense? Sure.You are really great at defending yourself if you have been stabbed 20 times in the chest .. and that before you were strangled.. case mfr_closed1.gif

And don't forget: We are talking about a 26 year old guy, who must be the first male in human history to NOT be as strong as a woman around 50?!? drunk.gif You got to be kidding me?!?!?!

> She was stabbed in the chest several times and there were signs of strangulation around her neck.

and then

> Police added there were no signs of struggle

I will never understand the police in this country, I am afraid.

I understand allto well,,,,,I pleaded with them after I was robbed and had no money. I just wante d to amke a report , in case ther was a chace of getting someth9ing back tha tI had lost. They treated me with such disdain and disrespect-------------I cannot even go into it. I was a ghost,,,they just looked through me. Not even an acknowledgement of my presence when I was trying to talk to them. I have never felt so humiliated. I will remember this feeling for the rest of my life.