Isaan Farmers Ideas Exchange Meeting No. 4

WormFarmer

After three previous successful and enjoyable meetings at IsaanAussies's, AA1's and Bergen's it now falls to me to host the next meeting at our Worm Farm in Roi Et.

Date:

The proposed date is SUNDAY 8 April 2012. At the last meeting we mentioned Saturday 8 April but it later transpired that we were looking at a 2006 calendar! So to avoid clashing with Ubon Hash and Songkran we propose the same date but SUNDAY. Since all but a few of the participants are retired this should not cause a problem I hope.

We are located just outside Roi Et city on Route 23 to Yasothon and Ubon Ratchathani, about 2km outside the Roi Et ring road. I will try to attach a sketch map which gives our contact details and also shows possible accommodation.

Map _PWF_Resorts.pdf

Accommodation:

Roi Et has many hotels and resorts so members may wish to choose their own accommodation depending upon their tastes and late evening plans! There are two new resorts within 2km of us, both of which we have looked at and they are both OK. Bansuan Resort is marginally the better of the two, costing Baht 500 per night, coffee making facilities are included in the room but breakfast is extra, price depending upon what you order. Relax Resort is nearly as good, it costs Baht 400 per night, breakfast is extra at Baht 100. If you wish to book one of these two resorts, please let me know. Bansuan only has 15 units, Relax has 17 units so book early. Anywhere else you must make your own booking!

Time:

As before anytime from mid morning onwards on 8 April.

Anything Else:

If anything else occurs to me later I shall post it here, we are looking forward to seeing old friends and hopefully making some new friends.

Cheers

WF

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi WF,

Sorry to have been slow in contacting you but life has been rather hectic!

Ting and I will, of course, be with you - all being well! - on Sunday, 8th. April and would be grateful if you could, in due course, book us in for an ensuite room wherever you dump us all.

Much look forward to seeing your set up as well as having an enjoyable chat with all our friends who come.

Many thanks for hosting it as should be very interesting.

AA1.

Hi WF,

Sorry to have been slow in contacting you but life has been rather hectic!

Ting and I will, of course, be with you - all being well! - on Sunday, 8th. April and would be grateful if you could, in due course, book us in for an ensuite room wherever you dump us all.

Much look forward to seeing your set up as well as having an enjoyable chat with all our friends who come.

Many thanks for hosting it as should be very interesting.

AA1.

Hi AA1, Your intention to come duly noted with pleasure, we are looking forward to seeing you both again. I will book you in at the resort, double room en-suite.

Cheers WF

Hi WormFarmer, i'd go if you promise that i'll get a peek at your vermiculture operation happy.png

Hi RBH, No problem, anyone who comes to the meeting is very welcome to see round our worm farm - it's not very big so it won't take long.

Cheers WF

Hi RBH, so can we expect to see you at the meeting?

Cheers WF

Hi WormFarmer, i'd go if you promise that i'll get a peek at your vermiculture operation happy.png

Hi RBH, No problem, anyone who comes to the meeting is very welcome to see round our worm farm - it's not very big so it won't take long.

Cheers WF

Hi RBH, so can we expect to see you at the meeting?

Cheers WF

Hi WF, so sorry mate, the fingerlings are coming in around that date after recomfirming with the supplier.

I'll be missing the meeting...again~sad.png

Hi WF one and all This is the first time i have replyed to any post i have land near Dankhunthot i hope to turn into a farm and retire in1to 2 years i arive los 6.4.12 from Australia i would like to come to your meeting on the morning of the 9th for the day to meet and learn a few things i am thinking about aquaponics regards Russell

Hi WF one and all This is the first time i have replyed to any post i have land near Dankhunthot i hope to turn into a farm and retire in1to 2 years i arive los 6.4.12 from Australia i would like to come to your meeting on the morning of the 9th for the day to meet and learn a few things i am thinking about aquaponics regards Russell

Hi there aussieruss.

If previous meetings are taken as a guide, then most people will be at the meeting on Sunday 8th April from late morning until evening, stay that night in a local resort and travel home the following day, so although you would be welcome to come to our worm farm on the morning of 9th April it is unlikely that you would meet many other farmers. It would be better if you can come on Sunday 8th April if you can make it so soon after arriving in LOS.

Cheers WF

We will be there if possible. Mark us down as tentative at the moment. Will confirm ASAP but it is the same weekend as the farmers market in Bangkok and I am under pressure from them to attend at least one, so far missed the first two and will miss this weekends event.

So far it looks like being a small meeting. We have three confirmed attendees, that's Peterb0576, AA1 and me. Then there are four "maybes" who are yet to confirm if they are coming, how many of them and if they require accommodation, these are bosse137, bazmlb, aussieruss and IsaanAussie.

Perhaps Roi Et is too far for some of the South Isaan farmers but I hope a few more can sign up in the near future.

Cheers

WF

WF, Dont panic just yet , it is early days. It would be a poor show if I can not make it as I am only an hour away... Apart from the fact I have to be at the Pattaya Livestock Show , Ill try and rush back from sin city as soon as my pipes have been cleaned, I think you will have a good turn out

WF,

we would love to go, but i will only get home a week after the meeting...

but if you dont mind maybe will drop by sometimes after.

Hi tingtong,

Sorry you'll miss the meeting, but you'd be welcome to come over after you get home.

Cheers WF

WF, Dont panic just yet , it is early days. It would be a poor show if I can not make it as I am only an hour away... Apart from the fact I have to be at the Pattaya Livestock Show , Ill try and rush back from sin city as soon as my pipes have been cleaned, I think you will have a good turn out

Hi Andy, Hope you will be able to make it. Since you live so close I assume you won't need me to book overnight accommodation for you.

Cheers WF

As we know how these meetings turn out I will not be driving home, but dont book a room yet as the wife might want to come for the day out in that case we will be driving home and I will not be drinkingdrunk.gif

Hi Andy,

Duly noted - I shall await your instructions. jap.gif

WF

hello WF could you book a family room with ensuite at Bansuan resort if possible i may need 2 rooms yet for the 8th i will book the 2nd room a little bit closer PS do the other farmers bring there kids i have a 8year old that will come with the wife and me plus could you let me know what to bring or do we throw in a few baht regards RUSSELL

• The topic of conversation is about working in Thailand,what about work permits ????
    People are giving valuable infoand admitting to working ????

No, the topic of conversation is not about working in Thailand. No one has admitted to working. This same misunderstanding was expressed at the time of the first meeting. I can not speak for all participants, but those I know are married to Thais who have a variety of farming interests in their own names. Their husbands have been known to advise their wives. The previous meetings have comprised both wives and husbands who have got together to informally exchange ideas, valuable or otherwise, about farming in Thailand.

WF

The topic of conversation is about working in Thailand,what about work permits ????

People are giving valuable infoand admitting to working ????

Have you been to a meeting? Do you know what is discussed at these meetings? If the answer is no, I suggest you restrict your posts to subjects you know something about.

Hi WF

I am in Bergen for at least 2 more weeks, but unfortunately can't confirm my attending yet.

Hi Bergen,

Yes I heard from IsaanAussie that you were there, let me know if you make it back in time. It would be a pity to miss you but there'll always be another meeting somewhere.

Cheers WF