Anybody Used Jet Airways, Kingfisher, Air India To Uk?

UbonOz

I use moxtravel.com to check out fares from BKK to anywhere, they list fares for most airlines from BKK.

Jet Airways, Kingfisher, Air India always appear to have good fares year round. SriLankan are now reasonable prices.

Anybody used the above airlines? How is the service and connections to the UK?

Have thought of using them but a little uncertain of the stop in India.

I like Eva but they are getting expensive, they used to be very competitive.

Any comments appreciated.

there is a similar topic running right now which may answer some of your questions:

http://www.thaivisa....-or-air-berlin/

if PRICE is the main issue, you may as well check kuwait-airways' website, as they usually have competitive one-way-fares.

not that I would consider them a decent airline, but they can be really cheap

Edited by siam2007

Jetairways are generally good, Indian Airways not very good and Kingfisher has financial trouble and delays.

Jetairways: My experience,the worst Airline food ever,and being shuffled around in transit for two hours in Mumbai,like a flock of sheep.

Edited by MAJIC

I have flown with Sri Lankan to China and they were very good, I have flown Jet from Bahrain many times and also very good - no complaints at all. I used to send people to work in India however and we had nightmares with petty officials at the airports there - truly shocking BS. I was lucky and never went!

Jetairways are generally good, Indian Airways not very good and Kingfisher has financial trouble and delays.

Jetairways: My experience,the worst Airline food ever,and being shuffled around in transit for two hours in Mumbai,like a flock of sheep.

Yes, Mumbai is bad but Jet also go via Dehli and it is said Dehli is a much better airport.

I am doing the reverse trip and found Jet airways own site to be cheaper than any agent or flight site.

The route via Dehli is booked up in many cases whereas via Mumbai is not.

Air India are the same, rubbish food, treated like cattle (on plane and in New Dehli airport). Service not very good, had to resort to helping myself to soft drinks and water. All that said the price was the cheapest at that time (UK to Bangkok). Get what you pay for I suppose.

Forgot to add that the in -flight movies were rubbish too so that made the journey seem longer.

Edited by sysardman

Thanks for the input.

Just thought they maybe worth trying as the difference between going through India and the other airlines can pay the car hire in the UK. With two people travelling the saving can be in the vicinity of THB30,000

Was suprisingly pleased with kingfisher last Novemeber (airport security is a nightmare, but that's not the airline). Food was good - menu in cattle-truck class! Service was good too, and smiles. Coffe, drinks, etc at push of the button (economy). Mrs went to go with them in December, but a leg got cancelled (floods) - agency dragged their feet for weeks up to the flight) - then in deperation I called the airline direct - they appologised for the cancellation on booker her on the first leg via Indian Airways (which she hated) - which I thought was impressive as they are a competitor. I liked the food, but my wife hates Indian food (having said that she never eats airline food anyway).

India have quite draconian import laws even when transiting - no food or liquid in (even duty free bough in say BKK before the flight) - they will bin it all. Some poor guy in front lost a tattoo machine because they didn't know what it was and would not take his word for it (no needles, just the handheld device) - BKK told me becareful with any electrical device outside of mobiles in hand luggage (stick it in the suitcase).

All I can say for me from London to bkk and bkk to London is and has been always since 2006 Eva all the way airlines.stop overs my back side!noth said

I agree. I will stick with Eva who I normally use and am satisfied with, pay the extra and be satisfied.

Used Jet Airways 3 times, no problems, good food, helpful crew quite a good selection of movies. Unlimited drink and snacks. As for Mumbai, I do not understand the rants about it, the terminal is fairly quiet, not many things to buy though. There is the security checks that the people find annoying, which is true, but it does not hurt. Wife has flown with Air India via Delhi, and according to her it is bearable. Obviously you got what you pay for. Well, you certainly don`t get a 5 star service.

Kingfisher is having difficulties, would avoid them now.

• Like 1

Air India are the same, rubbish food, treated like cattle (on plane and in New Dehli airport). Service not very good, had to resort to helping myself to soft drinks and water. All that said the price was the cheapest at that time (UK to Bangkok). Get what you pay for I suppose.

Forgot to add that the in -flight movies were rubbish too so that made the journey seem longer.

Completely the opposite experience to myself. Rated them only marginally behind my usual carriers of Qatar and Etihad.

• Like 1

Did not realise sheep could fly!!!!!!

Not sure that I would put any confidence, nor money, in Kingfisher at the moment. Despite the occasional uninformed post these guys (often the plane drivers) are usually fairly accurate.

http://www.pprune.or...fisher-now.html

G

Agreed, it's usually a bad sign in the aviation-industry, when an airline starts returning many of its planes to the finance-company owners. So why risk it ? cool.png

Kingfisher, according to newspapers, have had their bank accounts frozen by the Indian tax authorities and have cancelled many flights with the result that they are required to submit immediately to the Indian Government their viability status. I now use Jet Airways and although the Mumbai transit is as stated by many 'a disgrace; the turnaround is only a couple of hours so to save money I put up with it. Used Air India many years ago...never again!

Did not realise sheep could fly!!!!!!

Yes your girlfriend can go with yougiggle.gif

I have used Kingfisher, never again, 5 star my arse! No in flight enetertainment all the way to the UK. Have used Jet they are better. Air India do have a top notch safety record so have not used them. You will need to like Indian food. The airports in India are not a good experience, security is a nightmare come true with angry, miserable soldiers everywhere. EVA may be more but they are also a lot better. I came with Emirates this time, I would use they again.

• 1 month later...

Not sure that I would put any confidence, nor money, in Kingfisher at the moment. Despite the occasional uninformed post these guys (often the plane drivers) are usually fairly accurate.

http://www.pprune.or...fisher-now.html

G

Agreed, it's usually a bad sign in the aviation-industry, when an airline starts returning many of its planes to the finance-company owners. So why risk it ? cool.png

Looks like TV-posters were on-the-money with this one, hope only a few of us had to re-book. sad.png

Yes, Mumbai is bad but Jet also go via Dehli and it is said Dehli is a much better airport.

I am doing the reverse trip and found Jet airways own site to be cheaper than any agent or flight site.

The route via Dehli is booked up in many cases whereas via Mumbai is not.

Paid the extra,and got a direct flight with Eva,no more ridiculous,overdone beurocracy,from Jet airways! (I even asked where the smoke room was in Mumbai,and Immigration told me,we don't have a smoke room) back on board I was told they have 2 smokerooms)

• 5 months later...

Just a heads-up, I'm hearing rumours that Jet may have decided to change from 3-3-3 to 3-4-3 in Economy, on their B773s. sad.png

Also got caught recently, by their decision to cancel (by the end of this month) my lunch-time connecting-flight BOM-BKK, I was on their LHR-BOM inbound, so they rebooked me onto a flight departing BOM before we'd landed inbound ! Bit of a tight connection ? Really intelligent there, guys ! blink.png

After a week's emails, back and forth, they eventually switched me to re-route via DEL, with very-similar timings to my original trip, but why didn't they do this automatically, in the first place ? Duh ! ermm.gif

They seem to be going down-hill, sadly.