Yummy Pizza On Canal Rd. In Mae Hia Area

phanster

Don't know anything about them and don't really care but I think they found a way to hijack the TV website because for 2 days whenever I clicked on the C.M. forum, a large photo appeared of someone (I think it was Ian Forbes) holding a pizza and advertising for them. If I shut the forum and re-opened the tab then there was a large photo of Boy the guitar player! I don't know what one has to do with the other or how they were able to do it but now it is gone.

Don't know anything about them and don't really care but I think they found a way to hijack the TV website because for 2 days whenever I clicked on the C.M. forum, a large photo appeared of someone (I think it was Ian Forbes) holding a pizza and advertising for them. If I shut the forum and re-opened the tab then there was a large photo of Boy the guitar player! I don't know what one has to do with the other or how they were able to do it but now it is gone.

If they managed to pull that off they deserve patronage.

• Like 1

I think that was New York Pizza, unless they have changed the name.

Tried the pizza a couple of days ago. Excellent. I'd call it American style pizza except that the guy who runs the place is an Aussie. Probably the closest thing to it is the Pizza at Dukes. My impression was that it's better than Duke's but I'm going to have to try it a couple of more times to be sure.

• Like 2

I know Toni, eaten at Happy Pizza many times, not tried Yummie yet (bit further away) but will in due course. Toni is Italian Australian and was a restraunter from Oz (and a musician - I have one of his CDs :D). Nice guy, I'd say try it out - Live <Music on Wednesday I think (saw it on Facebook -same name Yummie Pizza).

• Like 1

We have eaten there several times - excellent food: all home made, salads to pizza to home made pasta, burgers, even his bread is home made. Toni (really good guy) was the owner of Happy Pizza but sold and now has moved to this new location - easy and ample parking and good food. I/we highly recommend this restaurant - the music is really good too on Wed. nights.

• Like 1

i go regularly to this establishment, excellent food, service, atmosphere & a fair price for his food & drinks, the same saying keeps repeating, you only get what you pay for,

toni putrino the owner, a down to earth guy, i regard toni as a very good friend of mine,

jamming nights every wednesday & today is wednesday & i'll be there,

if you try yummys & you don't like it you are exceptionally hard to please.

We ate there this week,good food/ambience and positioned well off the Canal Road which is a bonus. Not that easy to find but right next to the Golf Driving Range whose car park they share.

the golf range is called pro-golf

We ate there this week,good food/ambience and positioned well off the Canal Road which is a bonus. Not that easy to find but right next to the Golf Driving Range whose car park they share.

Being a jaded old cynic, 2 thoughts sprang to mind when I saw this thread.

First, does the Mae Hia area really need another pizza & pasta place (with Happy Pizza, Francesca's, Mr Chang's and Pizza n Pasta)?

Secondly, as sponsors seem to be untouchable, are these reviews really representative?

Anyway checked it out a few days ago, and I am not too proud to admit that I was totally wrong on both counts.

In brief Toni runs a neat location, with excellent ambience and delicious food, plus great music on Wed night. Great job, keep it up and hopefully the competition will raise everyone's game.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just popped in for lunch after finding the site on Thigh Wisa.

Pleasant friendly staff, clean and I had a Good meal, the Mykonos Grill Plate.

Excellent selection on the plate, could have used more chips but then I am a natural born pig for a Good Chip.

Priced right and I will visit again.

john

• Like 1

Just popped in for lunch after finding the site on Thigh Wisa.

Pleasant friendly staff, clean and I had a Good meal, the Mykonos Grill Plate.

Excellent selection on the plate, could have used more chips but then I am a natural born pig for a Good Chip.

Priced right and I will visit again.

john

What's a 'Mykonos Grill Plate'.......obviously something Greek........no?

Being a Melbournite myself like the owner of Yummy I have to say the food is just like home. Pizzas are great, ribs even better, missus and kids love them. And as a family venue it's great, kids can be kids and not upset too many adults, lol.

Haven't been to a Wednesday music night yet but will do so soon.

Given Mykonos reputation this should be worth checking out licklips.gif

Oh, second thoughts, someone said this is a family place mellow.png

Mykonos is a Greek mixed platter, grilled meat, salad, chips, dips, etc.

"What's a 'Mykonos Grill Plate'.......obviously something Greek."

Er Yes.

Grilled Pork and Chicken, Cheese onions & Baby Tomatoes with slices of Peppers.

plus of course ya Chips.

A well balanced meal for B250 washed down with Two large Leo's B80 each.

john

Given Mykonos reputation this should be worth checking out licklips.gif

Oh, second thoughts, someone said this is a family place mellow.png

Mykonos is a Greek mixed platter, grilled meat, salad, chips, dips, etc.

Greek salad?

We tried Yummi last week after reading about it here.

Was impressed with the food, the relaxing restaurant and Toni - nice guy.

The food was decent portions, good thin crust pizza and great value.

We will be back.