Thai PM Yingluck Vows To Cooperate Over Hotel Meeting

webfact

Cant see a problem here, she had already planned the meeting a few days earlier, nothing going on in Parliament. So as PM she has the right to see whome she likes on behalf of the people. It's usually the opposition party, the Nation and others on here that try and find fault in anything she does. I would say she has nothing to worry about.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant see a problem here, she had already planned the meeting a few days earlier, nothing going on in Parliament. So as PM she has the right to see whome she likes on behalf of the people. It's usually the opposition party, the Nation and others on here that try and find fault in anything she does. I would say she has nothing to worry about.

I see no problem either. The parliament was in one of it's boring sessions. It's just a case from 'allegedly seen' via 'no meeting' and 'I can go and meet who I want' with briefly 'private meeting' to finally 'public meeting' (as in 'in function as PM'). Perfectly normal, nothing to worry about, simply something foreigners cannot understand as it's a Thai thing and a woman can do no wrong as well wink.png

Edited by rubl

The evasiveness, that has become her trademark, solidifies.

Yep, she's sure evasive that one

She added that the meeting held no hidden agenda and was not an attempt to inform real estate businesspeople about the government's planned water retention areas as speculated by many.

On 2012-02-12 PM Yingluck said "“I did not have a meeting there. But as prime minister, I can meet anybody at a public place. It is not damaging,” she said. “I am a woman, and I insist I did not do anything wrong,” she said."

If she's not evasive, may we be excused to call her something of a liar ?

Yingluck Lovers think being a liar is preferable to being evasive.

Can you see a problem with "conflict of interest"?

So as PM she has the right to see whome she likes on behalf of the people.

Along with that right to see whomever she likes, is a responsibility to be open and honest with the people for whom she works, ie the public. Do you think she has handled this saga with openness and honesty?

It's usually the opposition party, the Nation and others on here that try and find fault in anything she does. I would say she has nothing to worry about.

If she does no wrong, she has nothing to fear from people looking for fault, and surely you would agree, that with a large number of people doing their utmost to find only good in all she does, critics do a useful job of providing some balance and keeping the government on their toes. Democracy advocates should be applauding, not grumbling.

On 2012-02-12 PM Yingluck said "“I did not have a meeting there. But as prime minister, I can meet anybody at a public place. It is not damaging,” she said. “I am a woman, and I insist I did not do anything wrong,” she said."

You can call her what you want. Others, not relying upon The Nation's lack of context would have seen her reply as an aggrieved response to an allegation of sexual impropriety. Let's read that again, IN CONTEXT.

The PM was responding to allegations made by outspoken Thai businessman Akeyuth Anchanbutr, who suggested that she may have been at the premises for “immoral reasons.”

“I did not have a meeting there. But as prime minister, I can meet anybody at a public place. It is not damaging,” she said. “I am a woman, and I insist I did not do anything wrong,” she said. http://www.thaitrave...-bangkok-hotel/

When accused of meeting for sexual purposes she responded "I did not have a meeting there (for that purpose)".

I know that you will not even consider that as feasible because you and the usual suspects don't want it to be, but that really doesn't worry me. It just shows how we "Yingluck Lovers" (makes a change from Thaksin apologists coffee1.gif) are willing to think about situations before making knee jerk comments to play to the gallery.

The PM was responding to allegations made by outspoken Thai businessman Akeyuth Anchanbutr, who suggested that she may have been at the premises for “immoral reasons.”

“I did not have a meeting there. But as prime minister, I can meet anybody at a public place. It is not damaging,” she said. “I am a woman, and I insist I did not do anything wrong,” she said. http://www.thaitrave...-bangkok-hotel/

When accused of meeting for sexual purposes she responded "I did not have a meeting there (for that purpose)".

I know that you will not even consider that as feasible because you and the usual suspects don't want it to be, but that really doesn't worry me. It just shows how we "Yingluck Lovers" (makes a change from Thaksin apologists coffee1.gif) are willing to think about situations before making knee jerk comments to play to the gallery.

Yingluck lovers: Immoral reasons could be any number of acts. Doesn't have to be sexual in nature. The fact that the "event" occured in a hotel room, could lead some to wonder about that, but suggesting that something immoral was going on is not an accusation of sexual relations. If there was nothing to hide, she should have shot him down with exact details of the moral activity that she was really up to. That would have put him in his place much better than smiling and walking away, or denying any meeting took place.

You can call her what you want. Others, not relying upon The Nation's lack of context would have seen her reply as an aggrieved response to an allegation of sexual impropriety. Let's read that again, IN CONTEXT.

I'm not saying and have never said anything about 'immoral reasons' (of a sexual nature), I would even go so far as to reject such insinuations.

What I'm indicating is just that a meeting denied has become on official meeting which Ms. Yingluck attended in her role of PM. A meeting with some high-level real estate business people who didn't want their presence known and maybe therefor the meeting was denied at first. All this zigzagging simply implies something fishy was going on, like a 'we help each other' type of deal not unknown in Thailand. All this makes it necessary for the PM and government to clarify rather than obfuscate.

BTW by now even Deputy Prime Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong seems to have been present

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Can you see a problem with "conflict of interest"?

So it was actually the wealthy businessmen who wanted the meeting with the PM kept secret. Still begs the question...why?

Edited by bigbamboo

Did she whisper the in brackets for that purpose comment, or have you just added it as that is what you imagine she was thinking in her head?

• Like 2

Yingluck lovers: Immoral reasons could be any number of acts. Doesn't have to be sexual in nature. The fact that the "event" occured in a hotel room, could lead some to wonder about that, but suggesting that something immoral was going on is not an accusation of sexual relations. If there was nothing to hide, she should have shot him down with exact details of the moral activity that she was really up to. That would have put him in his place much better than smiling and walking away, or denying any meeting took place.

Yingluck Lovers TM

Is it still the topic about Yingluck having a secret meeting with real estate businessmen?

The whole idea of having such meetings at this time is absurd and stinks to high heavens.

Thailand's reputation as international business partner at this point depends on the government's ability to implement anti-flood measures (that have a lot to do with real estate development) in a transparent and efficient manner, not as secret deals in secret meetings with secret agendas.

Corruption? Meetings like this is the first sign of it.

They sure bet a lot on the word of the PM and Kittirat that there was nothing wrong there.

Is it still the topic about Yingluck having a secret meeting with real estate businessmen?

The whole idea of having such meetings at this time is absurd and stinks to high heavens.

Thailand's reputation as international business partner at this point depends on the government's ability to implement anti-flood measures (that have a lot to do with real estate development) in a transparent and efficient manner, not as secret deals in secret meetings with secret agendas.

They sure bet a lot on the word of the PM and Kittirat that there was nothing wrong there.

Thanks for trying to get back to the topic.

How much is she cooperating?

I see she sued people.... is that her sign of cooperating?

It all helps muddy-the-waters, and distract from the question, why did PM-Yingluck ever think she might attend a secret-meeting with fellow property-developers, without it getting-out ? dry.png

The question may well also be put to the Finance Minister Kittirat, who also attended the secret meeting and it is being requested that he too be probed by the Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman was also requested today to provide an update on their request for an inquiry as to the suitability of Yingluck's appointments of Blacklisted Nalinee and Red Shirt Leader Out On Bail Natthawut to become Yingluck Cabinet Ministers.

This dodgy Pheu Thai Party sure does keep that Ombudsman Office hopping with work.

She won't face the Ombudsman probing in person... :ermm:<_<

Yingluck to submit written statement to ombudsman regarding to Four Seasons controversy

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra hinted Friday that she would not appear before the ombudsman to explain her meeting with businessmen at the Four Seasons Hotel.

She told reporters that she was drafting a statement of defence to be sent to the Office of Ombudsman.

The office has launched an inquiry into the ethical conduct of the prime minister and set a 30-day deadline for Yingluck to submit her defence.

Chief ombudsman Panit Nitithanprapas said Tuesday that Yingluck would have to explain her private meeting held on February 8 at the hotel after advocacy group, Green Politics, filed a complaint with the ombudsman seeking an inquiry.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-24

It all helps muddy-the-waters, and distract from the question, why did PM-Yingluck ever think she might attend a secret-meeting with fellow property-developers, without it getting-out ? dry.png

The question may well also be put to the Finance Minister Kittirat, who also attended the secret meeting and it is being requested that he too be probed by the Ombudsman.

The Ombudsman was also requested today to provide an update on their request for an inquiry as to the suitability of Yingluck's appointments of Blacklisted Nalinee and Red Shirt Leader Out On Bail Natthawut to become Yingluck Cabinet Ministers.

This dodgy Pheu Thai Party sure does keep that Ombudsman Office hopping with work.

She won't face the Ombudsman probing in person... ermm.gifdry.png

Yingluck to submit written statement to ombudsman regarding to Four Seasons controversy

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra hinted Friday that she would not appear before the ombudsman to explain her meeting with businessmen at the Four Seasons Hotel.

She told reporters that she was drafting a statement of defence to be sent to the Office of Ombudsman.

The office has launched an inquiry into the ethical conduct of the prime minister and set a 30-day deadline for Yingluck to submit her defence.

Chief ombudsman Panit Nitithanprapas said Tuesday that Yingluck would have to explain her private meeting held on February 8 at the hotel after advocacy group, Green Politics, filed a complaint with the ombudsman seeking an inquiry.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-24

Obviously she misspoke that she would cooperate fully when she had the time.

I would say it was her way of cooperating, after getting advise from her partys legal advisor to sue the opposition persons that tried to defame her with inuendos and slurs with no evidence. So yes, she is playing the political game as the opposition are. They have to try and find something on her, trying very hard to date. However nothing has stuck as of the past and up to today.

I would say it was her way of cooperating, after getting advise from her partys legal advisor to sue the opposition persons that tried to defame her with inuendos and slurs with no evidence. So yes, she is playing the political game as the opposition are. They have to try and find something on her, trying very hard to date. However nothing has stuck as of the past and up to today.

The sexual innuendos and slurs are irrelevant. They're just being used by Yingluck to side step the bigger issue.

She won't face the Ombudsman probing in person... ermm.gifdry.png

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-24

Obviously she misspoke that she would cooperate fully when she had the time.

Now you're unfair, my dear chap. She's drafting a statement which I assume will reach the Ombudsman in the same timeframe as the demanded presence to elaborate on certain issues. In some ways the written statement which will probably be in the public domain can be much more enlightening than a verbal Q&A with the dear lady.

Just curious, is perjury only related to written statements and those made under oath ?

Edited by rubl

Now you're unfair, my dear chap. She's drafting a statement which I assume will reach the Ombudsman in the same timeframe as the demanded presence to elaborate on certain issues. In some ways the written statement which will probably be in the public domain can be much more enlightening than a verbal Q&A with the dear lady.

Just curious, is perjury only related to written statements and those made under oath ?

"which will probably be in the public domain" ... Facebook ... again?

I assume that as the original complaint is/will be available to the general public, the reply to questions will be. Furthermore normally speaking both the verbal and/or written statements to the ombudsman would be similar to whatever would be written on the facebook wall.

Too many assumptions here? Too much wishfull thinking ?

As IF, she will be doing the writing. Nothing will be sent to the bud man without Thaksin's spproval.

One of The Nation guys wisely pointed out the other day this little piece of advice for Yingluck - don't try to explain, your fans don't need it and the opposition won't believe you anyway.

So, nothing will ever stick to her, she will never admit to wrongdoing, and at some point it would be not because of political demands to appear strong but because her voice of conscience will be killed forever.

Ultimately, though, it will stick to her because alienating the opposition will send a signal that she failed in her "reconciliation" mission and so is incapable of getting Thailand back on track, and, by extension, it means that Thaksin's side has no future in this country at all, unless they go for a full blown regime change, emerge victorious, and establish some sort of a dictatorship where "ammarts", Democrats, and their supporters do not exist anymore.

They've been given a chance and they are blowing it as we speak, and it looks like the last chance for the country to move forward together. if Yingluck fails it means the country is doomed until it permanently sorts out its "red-yellow" divide which we all can see is not going to happen anytime soon and without major bloodshed.

We are talking about going a major basket case with full blown civil war, coups, anti-coup revolution and so on. Maybe Burmese will invade it again or something.

• Like 1

Between the perjury of claiming her brother's Shin stock was hers (it wasn't), the unequivocal mismanagement of flood situations, false promises of pre-election pandering, lying to the public in this situation ("there was no meeting").... most of what is definitely sticking to her is the ineptitude of her own words and actions.