Wtb Caliper Seal Kit

Hog Head

i met a guy in Kawasaki yesteday who lost the key from his ninja

apparently a new key was outta the question

their solution was to replace the ignition ,petrol tank cap and underseat lock with new ones

he couldnt believe their was no records tied to the engine or frame number to make a new key

as he works in the auto industry

MAKE AN EXTRA KEY !! :)

their solution was to replace the ignition ,petrol tank cap and underseat lock with new ones

he couldnt believe their was no records tied to the engine or frame number to make a new key

MAKE AN EXTRA KEY !! smile.png

All Kawasaki motorcycles come with TWO keys. Are you saying the guy lost BOTH of his keys? coffee1.gif

All Kawasaki motorcycles come with TWO keys. Are you saying the guy lost BOTH of his keys? coffee1.gif

I believe he bought the ninja 2nd hand with one key and managed to lose it somehow

they broke the steering lock + got it started somewhere with a screwdriver

then kawasaki in CMX sent him to HQ in BKK about the key problem

but alas there was solution available ,i was just chatting to him outside the service area

the staff couldnt believe both keys were lost either ,seems like nobody in thailand loses their kawasaki keys :D

I believe he bought the ninja 2nd hand with one key and managed to lose it somehow

but alas there was solution available ,i was just chatting to him outside the service area

the staff couldnt believe both keys were lost either ,seems like nobody in thailand loses their kawasaki keys biggrin.png

Ah well, guess he learned his lesson- if you only have one key make some copies BEFORE you lose it!

Anyway- if they already broke his ignition lock he needed to replace it anyway. Fortunately the locally made Thai parts are dirt cheap so he won't suffer too much to replace everything.

Live and learn!

T

ps. what in the heck does this have to do with a caliper seal set???

Edited by BigBikeBKK
  • Like 1

the staff couldnt believe both keys were lost either ,seems like nobody in thailand loses their kawasaki keys biggrin.png

Ah well, guess he learned his lesson- if you only have one key make some copies BEFORE you lose it!

Anyway- if they already broke his ignition lock he needed to replace it anyway. Fortunately the locally made Thai parts are dirt cheap so he won't suffer too much to replace everything.

Live and learn!

T

if you read the first post it opens with the line " KAWASAKI IS NOT HELPFUL ! "

reminded me of yesterday ,thats what he thought when he found out they would have to replace everything

rather than punch the number into a computer and get him a key code like other countrys

Live and learn!

T

if you read the first post it opens with the line " KAWASAKI IS NOT HELPFUL ! "

reminded me of yesterday ,thats what he thought when he found out they would have to replace everything

rather than punch the number into a computer and get him a key code like other countrys

I believe Kawasaki (and most other bike manufacturers) only keep a database for chipped keys. I could be mistaken, but if you've lost both originals I don't think they can make replacement keys for the cheaper models. It's not just a Thai thing wai.gif

I did not mean to slag Kawi, but more of a response to receiving the 2 favourite words in Thai retailing when you are looking for something

Mai mee

Are your calipers the same as the ones on the 2010 ZX10R or current Z1000? If yes, then Kawasaki, Thailand has them or can order them for you. If not, then you'll have to source them elsewhere as Kawasaki, Thailand only stocks OEM parts for the bikes they sell or have sold in the past.

Why talk to Kawasaki in the first place? If I needed a seal kit for a Tokico caliper I would probably contact

Tokico (Thailand) Co. Ltd

947 Moo 12 Bangna Complex Building,

11 Floor., C3 Bangna-trad Rd., Km.3 Bangna

Bangkok 10260

Telephone 02-744-3128 and 29

Probably better to let somebody call who speaks Thai...