Pakistan Begins Demolishing Bin Laden House

Lite Beer

If the caves of Tora Bora could talk, I would be much more interested in hearing what they had to say about things maybe 5,000, 10,000, 50,000 years ago--much more interesting than OBL.

As to why are they demolishing the house, I am not sure, but it is very, very common in the Middle East to do that sort of thing. When I worked in the area, people from the 'other side' frequently were imprisoned and their homes demolished.

Odd that it's the security forces doing it...

Or maybe there are things they don't want people seeing...

I do have to wonder if there will be Bin Laden deniers in the same way as there are holocaust deniers... , and destroying the house is the first step in removing concrete proof that Bin Laden was living in Pakistan.

edit:typo

Edited by bkk_mike

Perhaps the ISI did not want it to turn into some sort of shrine for OBL. Or maybe they did not want the constant reminder that the most wanted terrorist in recent memory was living undetected (?) within one kilometer of their national military academy.

Perhaps the ISI did not want it to turn into some sort of shrine for OBL. Or maybe they did not want the constant reminder that the most wanted terrorist in recent memory was living undetected (?) within one kilometer of their national military academy.

Don't forget Chuck that the CIA had that house staked out from next door for a couple of months with millions of dollars and all types of equipment at their disposal to ascertain if he was there and still they couldn't confirm it. So no surprise that anyone from a military base a kilometre wouldn't know. Why would you think they would/should know if the CIA after all their effort right next door couldn't confirm it.

The CIA were able to move into the Abbottabad spy-house for the same reasons that Bin Laden was able to remain in the city undetected.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1384137/Osama-Bin-Laden-death-CIA-agents-lived-spy-house-near-compound-MONTHS.html#ixzz1nYTH4IPi

Though you could well be right about it being knocked down so that it doesn't become a shrine to him. That would be sensible.

Don't forget Chuck that the CIA had that house staked out from next door for a couple of months with millions of dollars and all types of equipment at their disposal to ascertain if he was there and still they couldn't confirm it. So no surprise that anyone from a military base a kilometre wouldn't know. Why would you think they would/should know if the CIA after all their effort right next door couldn't confirm it.

The CIA were able to move into the Abbottabad spy-house for the same reasons that Bin Laden was able to remain in the city undetected.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1nYTH4IPi

Though you could well be right about it being knocked down so that it doesn't become a shrine to him. That would be sensible.

Having dealt with a number of Middle Eastern secret police personnel over the years, my bet would be in the 99% category that someone in the ISI knew exactly what was going on there and who was living there.

If the US couldn't confirm his presence there, why did they attack? Our current President doesn't exactly take risks in his decision making. My conjecture is they knew exactly who was there, where they were and what TV show they were watching when the raid went down.

I'm sure that they were fairly positive but reports are that they weren't certain.

LEON PANETTA, CIA director: Well, the problem was we were never really certain about whether or not bin Laden was there. We had gathered an awful lot of intelligence. And obviously, when we found this compound -- because of the unique features of the compound -- and then began to really take a look at it and continue surveillance over that compound, we were able to look at the -- where the families were located, the fact that the families resembled the family of bin Laden. We noticed an individual who was pacing in the courtyard who at least had some of the appearances of it. But we were never able to verify that in fact it was him.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/terrorism/jan-june11/panetta_05-03.html

Not that it really matters now anyway. I'm fine with them demolishing the house to stop a shrine being built.

Not that it really matters now anyway. I'm fine with them demolishing the house to stop a shrine being built.

Also stops any future attempts at DNA collection etc...etc...etc...

Who was attempting to collect DNA samples anyway?

Also stops any future attempts at DNA collection etc...etc...etc...

Who was attempting to collect DNA samples anyway?

Independents? None....Now

Same, Same for the body

Edited by flying

Why would they check a house for DNA? How many hundred, if not thousands of people have come and gone through that house? A house would be so contaminated that the DNA would be a greater hindrance than help to anything of a scientific nature.

Whether they demolish the house or not is an internal matter for the Pakistani gov't to decide. Anything of any value, forensic or otherwise I am sure has been removed. If not, whatever was hidden in the walls will soon be exposed.

• Like 1

Why would they check a house for DNA? How many hundred, if not thousands of people have come and gone through that house?

I guess that is true......But probably not as many were shot there & left a big dry blood spot.

Anyway...........Mai Bpen Rai...Not like there was ever going to be any concrete proof on this matter as obvious by the split second disposal

(deep six at sea ) of the ....corpse

Edited by flying

Somehow it seems that you think that this building has some significance and should be kept. Apparently, the Pakistani authorities disagree, for reasons I don't fully understand.

It also seems that you doubt whether he was there, or that he was shot there, or that he is dead. Good intelligence operatives would have taken the opportunity to mess with AQ to a much greater degree than the US President. Imagine if they led AQ operatives to believe he was alive and being questions at some undisclosed location in an undisclosed country? They had all the thumb drives, hard discs and other information. He could link it all together and fill in the blanks. AQ would be in total disarray. It's hard to appoint a leader if your leader is still alive. What will he say? Sodium Pentathol works well. There would be a long network of even more paranoid, scared operatives.

Announcing his death and disposing of his body ended the story. Like all deaths, they appointed a new leader and moved on with their work, such as it is.

Pakistan now wishes to close their chapter in this not-so-pleasant saga. How they do it is by destroying the building.

Why would they check a house for DNA? How many hundred, if not thousands of people have come and gone through that house?

I guess that is true......But probably not as many were shot there & left a big dry blood spot.

Anyway...........Mai Bpen Rai...Not like there was ever going to be any concrete proof on this matter as obvious by the split second disposal

(deep six at sea ) of the ....corpse

Has it occurred to you that if the US claims were false, OBL could make them look rather silly with a 10sec video of him holding a current newspaper? Perhaps they got his clone, and he's enjoying his new obscurity while undergoing facial reconstruction to look like Walt Disney, or was it Goofy.

• Like 1

Has it occurred to you that if the US claims were false, OBL could make them look rather silly with a 10sec video of him holding a current newspaper?

Sorry man but....To print what you just did....

just not that bright.........I mean really there is no other nice way to put it.

Did you read the thread? Do you know what Tora Bora is or the history?

Edited by flying

Whats this? Two Bibles containing terror codes found in the Bin Laden house as it was being demolished!

Pakistani security officials have found two copies of the Bible at the house where Al-Qaeda chief Osama Bin Laden was killed.

The Christian holy books were discovered this week when demolition crews were sent in to tear down the compound in Abbottabad.

They were so well hidden that security personnel had previously overlooked them.

What an outrage! I'd expect riots leading to scores of deaths and the Pakistani PM making a grovelling apology to church leaders......Hang on.

Edited by Steely Dan

What an outrage! I'd expect riots leading to scores of deaths and the Pakistani PM making a grovelling apology to church leaders......Hang on.

Well perhaps not all folks are gullible enough to bite the bait?

Well perhaps not all folks are gullible enough to bite the bait?

'Gullible', 'bait' wink.png I think you would have to have been living in a cave not to understand exactly the point I was making. Still I would expect no comment here or from any western leaders for that matter as our entire foreign policy is predicated on expecting them to raise their game to our standards if we spare them from having to listen to any home truths. Why the bible though? He could have chosen Huckleberry Finn or the Grapes of Wrath if his beef was with the U.S.

'Gullible', 'bait' wink.png I think you would have to have been living in a cave not to understand exactly the point I was making.

Sorry I thought you were having a laugh smile.png

After all it said in the article.....

An ISI commanding officer told The Sun: 'The Bibles were in English and we cannot be sure why they were there. These copies were found as we checked the rooms for the final time before demolishing the building.

Which basically sounds like they & gawd knows how many others had already been through the place...Then suddenly right before final inspect/demolition...Boom there it is 2 Bibles sitting there

Not to mention the website reporting it reads/looks like the National Enquirer with that whole Femail Section on the right side of the page smile.png

Edited by flying

'Gullible', 'bait' wink.png I think you would have to have been living in a cave not to understand exactly the point I was making.

Sorry I thought you were having a laugh smile.png

After all it said in the article.....

An ISI commanding officer told The Sun: 'The Bibles were in English and we cannot be sure why they were there. These copies were found as we checked the rooms for the final time before demolishing the building.

Which basically sounds like they & gawd knows how many others had already been through the place...Then suddenly right before final inspect/demolition...Boom there it is 2 Bibles sitting there

Not to mention the website reporting it reads/looks like the National Enquirer with that whole Femail Section on the right side of the page smile.png

The website reporting it is The Daily Mail, a British tabloid newspaper famous for making up stories and for their support for the Nazi party in Germany in the 1930s / 1940s. What is really hilarious is that the Daily Mail is quoting The Sun, another tabloid not exactly known for the truthfulness of their reporting.

Undetected ??, do you really really believe the total crock of schit given to the worlds media ?,one word says it all, "laughable"!!

Undetected ??, do you really really believe the total crock of schit given to the worlds media ?,one word says it all, "laughable"!!

If you look at my quote which you posted, you will notice a question mark in parenthesis following the word "undetected". This, to me, indicates a degree of scorn for the claim of his being undetected.

More likely there were some rather large transfers of the Bin Laden family wealth to high ranking Pakistani military officers that insured Osama's complete privacy.

So...no! I do not believe the crock of manure as you describe it.

If you look at my quote which you posted, you will notice a question mark in parenthesis following the word "undetected". This, to me, indicates a degree of scorn for the claim of his being undetected.

More likely there were some rather large transfers of the Bin Laden family wealth to high ranking Pakistani military officers that insured Osama's complete privacy.

So...no! I do not believe the crock of manure as you describe it.

Chuckd I've notice some on here are having trouble with your sarcasm lately. Not to worry, I think most understood. drunk.gif