Thai 'Yellow Shirt' Founder Sondhi Limthongkul Jailed For 20 Years

webfact

iannarebirth, #143^

"Is it your assertion that one cannot be politically nuetral and at the same time find the actions of the Red Shirts and Thaksin contemptible?"

Yes, it is. That is my assertion.

Finding the actions of the Red Shirt Democracy Movement contemptable is not nuetral, to say the least.

Same as me finding the actions of the coupists contemptible is also not nuetral.

It is eminently easier to defend those who stood up to a coup and were vindicated by a subsequent election, than to justify the coupists and everything they did, until they were rightfully turfed the moment they exposed themselves to an election.

Some people come here for the ladies, some for the young men and some for the good weather. But you`re here for the politics. That`s got to be a first.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iannarebirth, #143^

"Is it your assertion that one cannot be politically nuetral and at the same time find the actions of the Red Shirts and Thaksin contemptible?"

Finding the actions of the Red Shirt Democracy Movement contemptable is not nuetral, to say the least.

Same as me finding the actions of the coupists contemptible is also not nuetral.

It is eminently easier to defend those who stood up to a coup and were vindicated by a subsequent election, than to justify the coupists and everything they did, until they were rightfully turfed the moment they exposed themselves to an election.

Some people come here for the ladies, some for the young men and some for the good weather. But you`re here for the politics. That`s got to be a first.

Even more absurd is, he doesn't allow for the fact that most people would be happy to see them all jailed, Thaksin, his cronies and coup makers alike.

Round and round we go, claim and counterclaim. Move on, use your eyes, use your brain, and look at what is happening now, with an eye and a heart for a better future for the whole country, FGS. Look how far tit-for-tat has advanced the Palestine-Israel issue.

I don't really think he will serve even one month in jail but anyway it's a really great news clap2.gif

partytime2.gifintheclub.gif

Why is it such a great deal when the Government states that it is seeking reconciliation? Presumably Jurgen wants revenge as are those praising this sentencing without any knowledge of the facts or the politics behind it. For my part I have no idea whether Sondhi is guilty or innocent of this charge ..... what I do know is that he has been very vocal in his opposition to the Thaksin regimes (both present and past) and that makes me suspicious. However, I do not know if the judiciary is independent or not. What I see is that the judiciary is praised when it comes down on the people you oppose and vilified when it convicts those you support. <snip

pffft yeah right, if someone made those points about thaksin you'd be straight down their throats along with most of the forum...

you don't know all the facts behind what charges you vilify thaksin for either... and i mean facts, indisputable facts.

does it not make you very suspicous about the thaksin charges that came about, being a man who was also very vocal in his opposition or dissaproval of certain figures???

and do you know if the judiciary was independent or not during thaksin's similar time?

you're very open to question the charges and the circumstances surrounding sondhi but methinks you're not in the slightest bit open regarding the same for thaksin.

and then you have the audacity to say to the poster :

"we don't need bias here because its too transparent and not at all helpful"

yes, the kettle is black.

not sure about your generic reply... maybe you should reply with that to every post on this forum as 9 times outta 10 it would be applicable...

there's people who post on here, that are so yellow indoctrinated that they will open-mindedly question every alternative angle about this that could possibly lead to his innocence, which is fair enough in itself.... but, and here's the butt.... they wouldn't even give a smidgen of thought to any possibility that maybe, just maybe there were alternative angles to the reason behind thaksins charges.

that's what annoys me about people on this forum.

Edited by nurofiend

not sure about your generic reply... maybe you should reply with that to every post on this forum as 9 times outta 10 it would be applicable...

there's people who post on here, that are so yellow indoctrinated that they will open-mindedly question every alternative angle about this that could possibly lead to his innocence, which is fair enough in itself.... but, and here's the butt.... they wouldn't even give a smidgen of thought to any possibility that maybe, just maybe there were alternative angles to the reason behind thaksins charges.

that's what annoys me about people on this forum.

Is Thaksin possibly innocent ?

Personally I don't think he is, because I can remember how he was dismantling the checks-and-balances, talking about ruling for 20+ years, intimidating any protest against himself (by press or little-old men), and showing what I interpreted as signs of megalomania towards the end of his time-in-power.

But the acid-test has to be, to face his accusers in court, as Sondhi does, not to run away. cool.png

I myself don't have any problem with Sondhi being found guilty in yet-another case, and am struck by how little sympathy he gets on TV, perhaps he should have hired an expensive American P.R.-company to try to influence world-opinion his way ? rolleyes.gif

iannarebirth, #143^

I'd support the Red Shirt Democracy Movement ... IF there was one.

But the acid-test has to be, to face his accusers in court

I 100% agree

Calling for him to face his accusers in court is one thing. Accepting the verdict should he be found guilty, is another, as demonstrated by your thoughts on his conviction.

But the acid-test has to be, to face his accusers in court

I 100% agree

Calling for him to face his accusers in court is one thing. Accepting the verdict should he be found guilty, is another, as demonstrated by your thoughts on his conviction.

please, do enlighten me on my thoughts of his conviction...

thought so

... is there a time limit to respond? rolleyes.gif

it's quite easy to see when someone has read your post.... try looking down rolleyes.gif

That doesn't actually prove that the post has been read. He might be reading somewhere else in the thread.

But even then ... is there a time limit to respond?

thought so

... is there a time limit to respond? rolleyes.gif

it's quite easy to see when someone has read your post.... try looking down rolleyes.gif

That doesn't actually prove that the post has been read. He might be reading somewhere else in the thread.

But even then ... is there a time limit to respond?

yes whybother, there is a time limit to respond... is that the answer you're searching for?! good, now you can be happy.

thought so

As your thoughts on Thaksin's conviction are a matter of record on this forum, i found the request for me to enlighten you on what they were a stupid one, hence why i ignored it.... and will ignore any future requests.

thought so

As your thoughts on Thaksin's conviction are a matter of record on this forum, i found the request for me to enlighten you on what they were a stupid one, hence why i ignored it.... and will ignore any future requests.

see, this is the kind of ignorance you have to deal with on this forum....

where is this 'matter of record'? there isn't any... hence why you say you ignored it (good job btw) and will ignore any future requests... because you have nothing to back up your ignorant slurs...

so keep your fingers in your ears and your eyes closed and 'ignore any future requests'.

i'll carry on laughing.

where is this 'matter of record'? there isn't any... hence why you say you ignored it (good job btw) and will ignore any future requests... because you have nothing to back up your ignorant slurs...

so keep your fingers in your ears and your eyes closed and 'ignore any future requests'.

i'll carry on laughing.

Where was i slurring you?

Your comments on Thaksin's conviction are a matter of record. If you have forgotten, look at your history of posts. I don't think you have forgotten, more like trying to drag me into some silly childish game. Go find play mates elsewhere.

i'll carry on laughing.

Where was i slurring you?

Your comments on Thaksin's conviction are a matter of record. If you have forgotten, look at your history of posts. I don't think you have forgotten, more like trying to drag me into some silly childish game. Go find play mates elsewhere.

so you looked through the history of all my posts... how sad.

you obviously still can't answer, regarding my stance on mr t's conviction that you claimed you knew all about...

i'm still waiting for you to enlighten me on my definitive stance about his conviction now that you know the history of my posts.

prove your slurs about my thoughts on his conviction please... or else &lt;deleted&gt;

Where did i say i had looked through the history of all your posts? I simply advised you to do so, if you were having trouble recalling your comments on Thaksin's conviction.

i'm still waiting for you to enlighten me on my definitive stance about his conviction now that you know the history of my posts.

Where did i say you had a definitive stance?

prove your slurs about my thoughts on his conviction please... or else &lt;deleted&gt;

Where have i slurred you?

Where did i say i had looked through the history of all your posts? I simply advised you to do so, if you were having trouble recalling your comments on Thaksin's conviction.

Where did i say you had a definitive stance?

Where have i slurred you?

LoL, nevermind... a read back of the thread should give you all the answers you will need.

anyway, i'm out of this one now... it's gone well past it's sell by date.

<snip>

anyway, i'm out of this one now... it's gone well past it's sell by date.

It went past it's sell by date at:

thought so

yet... that's the... very.... exact.... precise.... post you decided to respond to and continue it all... ROFL

srsly

hahhahaha