Razor Blades At Big C

sharky1

No idea of these blades,the best I have had though are the 5 bladed type from Watsons,were 139 on offer for a packet of 5a while ago,think now at 200,bought a sackful while the offer was on. It is the shaving creams and brushes that are a let down in Thailand,just the horrible gel that is on sale

I think many of us avoid Big C like the plague nowadays, you get better quality and selection elsewhere.

May I know where is better than 5 blades for 60 baht please?

For myself it isn't the cost of the blade, it is the quality of the blade.

I think many of us avoid Big C like the plague nowadays, you get better quality and selection elsewhere.

For myself it isn't the cost of the blade, it is the quality of the blade.

New razor blades are like sex: even when they're low quality, it's still kinda good! :)

@Sharky1

I have tried those blades before but they left me with a terrible rash under my chin. I used Gillette shaving gel as well. I stick to the terribly expensive Gillette blades now. Although they are expensive, they are kind to my skin!

Also, I always shop at Big C. I find their fresh veg section cleaner and cheaper than Tesco-Lotus and the South Pattaya Big C is always quiet. The queues at the checkouts are always small as well, compared to Tesco-Lotus. Am I in the minority here?

• Like 1

No idea of these blades,the best I have had though are the 5 bladed type from Watsons,were 139 on offer for a packet of 5a while ago,think now at 200,bought a sackful while the offer was on. It is the shaving creams and brushes that are a let down in Thailand,just the horrible gel that is on sale

Foodland has Western brands of shaving foam at reasonable prices

I'm speaking in general, if more people started shopping elsewhere perhaps Big C would get their act together

@Sharky1

I have tried those blades before but they left me with a terrible rash under my chin. I used Gillette shaving gel as well. I stick to the terribly expensive Gillette blades now. Although they are expensive, they are kind to my skin!

Also, I always shop at Big C. I find their fresh veg section cleaner and cheaper than Tesco-Lotus and the South Pattaya Big C is always quiet. The queues at the checkouts are always small as well, compared to Tesco-Lotus. Am I in the minority here?

The selection of fresh veg at Foodland triples that of the Big C 200m away

• Like 1

SHaving cream.

Get a plastic container,and add a bar of soap,then squirt a little bit of shower gel and shampoo,use a shaving brush and its the best

I like the Old Spice shaving lotion,out of a tube,when abroad I bring bagfuls of it back,along with top quality shaving brushes,plus aftershave.

Shaving is a topic I loath (or love) always liked shaving parlours in third world countries I visited,here in Thailand it is impossible to get anything like. Always wet a hand and rub briskly againsit the grain,then lather for a full minute,couple of swipes with a 5 blade razor does the trick,shaving block then stinging a/shave

http://www.shavesecret.com/

That is the best shaving oil. The cream and gel is crap. This stuff you use a few drops and that's it. Work with electric blades as well. I bought a ton of it for like $3 a bottle at Walmart and brought them out here. A small bottle lasts about 6 months. All natural ingredients and no after shave is needed after. Until I found this stuff I was spending a fortune on the best Gillette gel and still was nothing compared to how well this oil works.

SHaving cream.

Get a plastic container,and add a bar of soap,then squirt a little bit of shower gel and shampoo,use a shaving brush and its the best

I like the Old Spice shaving lotion,out of a tube,when abroad I bring bagfuls of it back,along with top quality shaving brushes,plus aftershave.

Shaving is a topic I loath (or love) always liked shaving parlours in third world countries I visited,here in Thailand it is impossible to get anything like. Always wet a hand and rub briskly againsit the grain,then lather for a full minute,couple of swipes with a 5 blade razor does the trick,shaving block then stinging a/shave

I like the system of mine because it doesnt burn the skin and shaves realy well even though my bristles are like blutos lol

@Sharky1

The selection of fresh veg at Foodland triples that of the Big C 200m away

I agree Big C vegies are every poor. The other week in Big C Ramkhamheng there was a nest of brown cockroaches under running about under one of the black fruit trays.

I try and buy at the markets whenever it is convenient.

@Sharky1

Did you say FRESH vegetable?

Never seen anything like that in Big C,like another poster already said,go look at foodland if you want to compare fresh.

That is the best shaving oil. The cream and gel is crap. This stuff you use a few drops and that's it. Work with electric blades as well. I bought a ton of it for like $3 a bottle at Walmart and brought them out here. A small bottle lasts about 6 months. All natural ingredients and no after shave is needed after. Until I found this stuff I was spending a fortune on the best Gillette gel and still was nothing compared to how well this oil works.

I also prefer shaving oil as I use the one from summersets,but if you do a google it's quite easy to make your own shaving oil at a fraction of the price.
  • Like 1

Boots has siimilar blades for around 100 baht and they last a long time. These type of blades were very expensive until recently.I'm glad they finally dropped in price as it P.Os me to pay so much for razor blades. Some brands of shaving cream have finally come down in price too.

I also prefer shaving oil as I use the one from summersets,but if you do a google it's quite easy to make your own shaving oil at a fraction of the price.

Once I use up my supply I might just look for a good recipe. Do you have a recipe you prefer with stuff found locally?

@Sharky1

Howard, does this mean for both chin and head? Often wondered if a different blade should be used for the napper. Sorry to see you shopping for fresh veg, I thought that was one reason for the female species being allowed

Tesco have 3 or 4 blades for 14 Baht. smile.png

It is not just blade quality,it is in preparation as well. I try to replicate the roadside barbers in other countries,....gees 36 hours at times after the event that even the slightest stubble can be felt. They massage the face across the grain for a full minute at least with wet hands,...lather up for two full minutes ,(out of a tube stuff) with the finest bristle brush,then three cuts with cut throat razor,stretching the skin as they proceed,then lotions and creams applied,felt like heaven at the finish.

Here it is just spread and scrape.

I'm

It is not just blade quality,it is in preparation as well. I try to replicate the roadside barbers in other countries,....gees 36 hours at times after the event that even the slightest stubble can be felt. They massage the face across the grain for a full minute at least with wet hands,...lather up for two full minutes ,(out of a tube stuff) with the finest bristle brush,then three cuts with cut throat razor,stretching the skin as they proceed,then lotions and creams applied,felt like heaven at the finish.

Here it is just spread and scrape.

I'm gonna start massaging the oil into my face against the grain for a good minute and see if they improves my results. Thanks for the tip.

You guys sure like to get ripped off on blades. I just buy 100 Astra double edge blades at a beauty supply for B150. smile.png Good blades, those.

Ripped is the word,I cannot use them without cutting myself,yes they are cheap. Again it it the shaving lotion and brush that makes the difference,used to sell Old Spice shaving cream at Best supermarket at 150 baht a tube,went like wildfire,brushes too. The guy near Villa sometimes sells the stuff too,at around same price.

You guys sure like to get ripped off on blades. I just buy 100 Astra double edge blades at a beauty supply for B150. smile.png Good blades, those.

Ripped is the word,I cannot use them without cutting myself,yes they are cheap. Again it it the shaving lotion and brush that makes the difference,used to sell Old Spice shaving cream at Best supermarket at 150 baht a tube,went like wildfire,brushes too. The guy near Villa sometimes sells the stuff too,at around same price.

I don't think North Americans use shaving brushes, we just squirt the foam into our hand and slap it around our face. Is this a European thing? What is the benefit of using a brush?