Aerobic Steppers

crabstix

• 2 months later...

One place is Srinakarin Road, on the same side as Paradise Shopping mall, but about 500 metres down the road as you head toward the Bangna-Trat. Small-ish place and easy to miss if you're not concentrating.

Another place is that huge sports shop in Ramkanghaeng, close to the big stadium. Sorry, but I can't remember what it's called,FBT or something, and it's very large.

Good luck

Aerobic steppers are available in most big shopping centers, The mall ngam wong wan has a selection.

Never considered buying one yourself?

I used to own an epileptical machine but i sold it. I wanted something that was capable of doing HITT. You cant do that on an eleptical machine or stepper as the increase isnt fast enough for HITT. So i got a spinning bike.

Also if you want a real good one i think its better to buy a rower. (but you really do need to get the movent down for rowing.) I just think that most of the gear they sell in those malls is a bit overpriced. (the one i had had 3x computer problems)

I used to own an epileptical machine but i sold it. I wanted something that was capable of doing HITT. You cant do that on an eleptical machine or stepper as the increase isnt fast enough for HITT. So i got a spinning bike.

Also if you want a real good one i think its better to buy a rower. (but you really do need to get the movent down for rowing.) I just think that most of the gear they sell in those malls is a bit overpriced. (the one i had had 3x computer problems)

That's the way I feel about it. If you can't buy top notch commercial quality, better not bother. Having used commercial equipment in gyms all my life it's hard to get excited about doing cardio on a domestic quality unit. That's one great aspect about buying a Concept Rower - it's commercial quality at such a cheap price relative to any other cardio equipment along with being one of the best exercises of all. Also, if you ever want to leave Thailand a Concept Rower wouldn't be too difficult or heavy to ship anywhere.

BTW, I emailed the Concept agent (Terry) with my signed completed contract on Sunday and I've yet to hear from him. Has he gone on vacation?

That's the way I feel about it. If you can't buy top notch commercial quality, better not bother. Having used commercial equipment in gyms all my life it's hard to get excited about doing cardio on a domestic quality unit. That's one great aspect about buying a Concept Rower - it's commercial quality at such a cheap price relative to any other cardio equipment along with being one of the best exercises of all. Also, if you ever want to leave Thailand a Concept Rower wouldn't be too difficult or heavy to ship anywhere.

BTW, I emailed the Concept agent (Terry) with my signed completed contract on Sunday and I've yet to hear from him. Has he gone on vacation?

He might be, usually they are quite fast. I have to get my rower tomorrow if all things go well. Could also be the day after tomorrow. But they said tomorrow. Its a bit more of a hassle as i had thought but it will be worth it.

Those steppers are ok if you aren't used to good quality equipment. I think they are ok for normal people. I just don't consider myself the typical consumer.

He might be, usually they are quite fast. I have to get my rower tomorrow if all things go well. Could also be the day after tomorrow. But they said tomorrow. Its a bit more of a hassle as i had thought but it will be worth it.

Those steppers are ok if you aren't used to good quality equipment. I think they are ok for normal people. I just don't consider myself the typical consumer.

I haven't tried any of the new steppers, but they can be hard on the knees. I wouldn't recommend stepping for anyone who has any knee issues. Better still, don't use them to avoid knee issues. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure they say.

When you get that Concept Rower don't get too excited and row all day long. Take it easy and build up.

Edited by tropo

I haven't tried any of the new steppers, but they can be hard on the knees. I wouldn't recommend stepping for anyone who has any knee issues. Better still, don't use them to avoid knee issues. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure they say.

When you get that Concept Rower don't get too excited and row all day long. Take it easy and build up.

Don't worry, i decided to work on technique first. Seems that that is real important. Ultimately i want to wake up earlier and row. (now there is a challenge). I did noticed when i rode the exercise bike in the morning it gave me more energy. But because i hated it too much i never did it long.

But riding the bike in the evenings worked better. I hope the rower can change it, if its more fun im more inclined to do it.

Don't worry, i decided to work on technique first. Seems that that is real important.

In a strict sense. unless you're doing something really stupid and cause an injury, bad technique won't take away from the cardio benefit. It will just take longer to row the same distance. The more efficient you become the harder you'll have to work to get your heart rate up.

I have never seen anyone at the gym row with good technique. It's amusing to see how badly most do it - and often they're doing under the watchful supervision of a personal trainer - who also don't have a clue how to row.

Surprisingly it's the least popular piece of cardio equipment down at my gym. They only have 2 and I've never had to wait to use one. Very few use it as a cardio exercise - most only use it to warm up for 5 minutes or so.

Edited by tropo

Concept rowers - fantastic bit of equipment and I would prefer one of these at home compared to an aerobic stepper/ellipse machine.

As Tropo says you tend to find the rowing machines are the least used in the gym and I think it is because they are hard work and it seems easier to use an ellipse machine while watching a movie on your iPod. I always do 15mins on the concept machine when I go to the gym and rarely have to wait to use it.

I love spinning, got addicted to it. I had to stop because I lost too much weight and looked unhealthy!! Now I hit the road most mornings on my mountain bike instead.

To the OP - check out the concept rowing machines before you make up your mind.

To the OP - check out the concept rowing machines before you make up your mind.

Rob has just imported one. I'll be getting one shortly. I believe the investment is around $1800 all up (about 56,000 THB) - Rob will have a more precise figure - so that's quite an investment compared to going down and picking up a domestic quality stepper.

Come to think of it, that's about what you'd pay for a new Yamaha Nouvo here in Thailand.

Edited by tropo

Tropo,

With tax and shipping agent and all it might be 54.000 so your 56.000 is quite on the money. I believe they are sold here for 80.000 or more.

I just picked mine up, just finished my food and relaxed a bit. Now im going to open the box and put it together.

If anyone want a complete breakdown of the cost i will be more then happy to help. I might even make a new thread about how to import one what the pitfalls are ect. I am certainly not the first member to import one.Before i bought it i contacted one of those and got some pointers.