Truemove-H - Work Permit Required?

pete66

How do you find out how much of monthly 5GB limit you have used????

Send (sms) the letter B to 9789, you'll get a sms back. It'll be in Thai but the numbers will be quite obvious (your "used to date" figure is the last number in the sms).

So just to be clear before I got out SIM searching .... if I cannot find a True-H Micro SIM, I can buy a True-H SIM, and get it cut down, and that's just the same ???? Final question honest smile.png

i picked up a truemove H prepaid net sim card today. It looks like they designed it as a microSim, with additional perforated plastic around it to make it a regular sim. So those who need the microsim can just break off the excess plastic. That was actually pretty slick, but regular sim users must be careful not to be too careless with the sim card. It came with 100 mb / 3 hr wifi free.

under the "Cellular Data" setting on the iPhone the APN is "internet", and then, that's it ..... nothing else is filled in at all .... that could well be the problem. Need the proper Cellular Data / APN settings from somewhere ..... any page of true website where I can find such settings?

The netsim card came with booklet. it's in thai, but it has photo/screenshot tutorials that anyone with basic computer know-how can follow along. Shows screenshots for each of the major smartphones OS: iOS (apple), android, symbian (nokia), blackberry, and aircard. Here is the summary for aircard:

Profile Name: True-H Internet

Access #: *99#

APN type: Static

APN: internet

username: true

password: true

Went to True shop in Central Chonburi last week.

Would like to have a post-paid air-card for super high speed.....21Mb ........... didn't have my WP with me, only a passport copy, but a 3.6Mb pre-paid could be done.

Huhhhh........

They said it was the government who made the rules and True is following them! Yeah right.

During the conversation that followed, it was a True policy. Of course.

So........."Can you offer me a post-paid air-card service without on just a passport?"

"No!"

So I went for the AIS service.

i picked up a truemove H prepaid net sim card today. It looks like they designed it as a microSim, with additional perforated plastic around it to make it a regular sim. So those who need the microsim can just break off the excess plastic. That was actually pretty slick, but regular sim users must be careful not to be too careless with the sim card.

That's true (no pun intended) but not entirely accurate. They do 2 versions of the True-H chip, one regular size and one for microsim devices.

Went to True shop in Central Chonburi last week.

Would like to have a post-paid air-card for super high speed.....21Mb ........... didn't have my WP with me, only a passport copy, but a 3.6Mb pre-paid could be done.

Huhhhh........

They said it was the government who made the rules and True is following them! Yeah right.

During the conversation that followed, it was a True policy. Of course.

So........."Can you offer me a post-paid air-card service without on just a passport?"

"No!"

So I went for the AIS service.

From this (and the OP's comments) it seems the competence of the staff in the True shops leaves a lot to be desired.

Nobody in their right mind is going to hand out postpaid accounts to non-residents. That's nothing to do with government rules it's corporate common sense. What would be to stop any Tom Dick and Harry tourist from signing up, running up a huge bill, then waving bye bye as they step on the plane at Swampy...

The simplified version of the "rules" is that anybody can get a prepaid sim and for postpaid, you need some kind of residency (I'm not talking about permanent residency - I mean here on a 1 year visa/extension/whatever).

21Mbps on postpaid and only 3.6Mbps on prepaid is utter crap. The speed depends on your device and where you are, you'll get (up to) 42Mbps (yeah, right - haha) on pre OR postpaid.

In the past there are have been many, many first-hand reports of both TrueMove (the legacy company) and DTAC allowing people to get a post-paid account with no proof of residency (and not just glomming onto a local). In DTAC's case they seemed to ask for a credit card and pre-payment of 4 months service. I am pretty sure there have been some reports here of TrueMove H allowing post-paid to anyone with a heartbeat. I am surprised that they don't have stricter requirements, and/or credit checks but maybe defaults aren't a big issue here yet?

That said, you can usually do as well, if not better with a pre-paid plan, which also allows more flexibility re: subsequent changes. And many, many people report billing issues, spurious calls/charges which are challenging to rectify, with post-paid accounts.

Post pay here is a very different business model to the UK where credit checks are very strict. This is due to the companies in the UK handing out free handsets whilst here you're lucky If you're not charged for the sin card.

So little cost up front for the company means little risk. The calls you make cost them very little, they just need as many paying customers as they can get.

When I signed up to True Postpay I showed my driving licence. Sufficient. They wouldn't let me make international calls - cost to them is high - until I showed passport and work permit.

Still, must not forget they're a dreadfull company.