Top 10 Beach Destinations In Asia

craigt3365

Wow I'm well travelled LOL been to most on both lists. I wouldn't have voted for Boracay at all, nice sand but not nearly as nice as Bali/Maldives or most of the Thai beaches, when you factor in local cuisine, ease of flights, decent hotels etc. I seem to remember the Philippines is very active getting people to vote for home grown destinations, boxers, singers.

All in all a pretty good list.

Hi Craig,

Nice list. Been to most of the Thai ones, however ages ago so my experiences where a tat different from what they would be now.

To give an example, my favourite place in Thailand used to be Krabi. Been there for a short visit just a few days ago.

Might as well have stayed in Pattaya. Nearly as expensive as Phuket is for very mediocre restaurants, hotels etc.

One of my experiences is worth mentioning. We where too late (the 4 of us) for the free hotel shuttle so had to take the local TukTuk to return to our hotel, i.e. Aonang Phupetra Resort. I asked the price to the first TukTuk that stopped and he said 50 Baht per person. He wouldn't lower the price so we decided to take 4 TukTuk's. He wasn't happy. clap2.gif

I still have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Yermaneejap.gif

Edited by yermanee

It's a web poll on an American travel website. Hardly any Americans come here, I wouldn't expect Thailand to be in the top 25. It's gonna be mostly the US and Caribbean and a few locations in Europe, plus one in the Philippines from all the Filipinos in the states. No Australia, no Pacific islands, no Thailand, no Vietnam, no Indonesia, cause hardly any Americans go to these places

It's a web poll on an American travel website. Hardly any Americans come here, I wouldn't expect Thailand to be in the top 25. It's gonna be mostly the US and Caribbean and a few locations in Europe, plus one in the Philippines from all the Filipinos in the states. No Australia, no Pacific islands, no Thailand, no Vietnam, no Indonesia, cause hardly any Americans go to these places

Yeah that is the ticket it is a conspiracy! I lived in Vietnam and traveled all over the country and the beaches are crap compared to Thailand. Maybe you should take a trip to Florida before you assume the fix is in. The beaches are a lot cleaner the sand is like powered sugar the water bright blue. Hawaii beats Thailand hands down for beaches <Cleaner and greener>. I live in Thailand and have been on most of the Islands and my family would travel to Hawaii 3 times a year when I was growing up. All lot of world beaches are ruined by sewage trash and over fishing. Let me guess you are English and we all know Dover rocks!!! Isle of man sheep lovin spring break 2012. I was not surprised to see more Caribbean islands on there that place is really nice too. If you just type in "worlds best beaches" you will see a pretty consistent opinion on what is the best.

Yeah that is the ticket it is a conspiracy! I lived in Vietnam and traveled all over the country and the beaches are crap compared to Thailand. Maybe you should take a trip to Florida before you assume the fix is in. The beaches are a lot cleaner the sand is like powered sugar the water bright blue. Hawaii beats Thailand hands down for beaches <Cleaner and greener>. I live in Thailand and have been on most of the Islands and my family would travel to Hawaii 3 times a year when I was growing up. All lot of world beaches are ruined by sewage trash and over fishing. Let me guess you are English and we all know Dover rocks!!! Isle of man sheep lovin spring break 2012. I was not surprised to see more Caribbean islands on there that place is really nice too. If you just type in "worlds best beaches" you will see a pretty consistent opinion on what is the best.

It is a web poll on American site, and Americans are the biggest users of it. That's not a conspiracy that's just how it is. I'm American not British, and I've been to Florida before. That list is mainly places Americans go on vacation because those are the biggest users of the site. If you type in worlds best beaches, you do get some in Florida and Hawaii, because they are nice, but you also get places in Australia (which I think is the best in the world), South America, Indonesia, and the South Pacific, all of which were completely absent from the list because not many Americans go there compared to Caribbean resorts or weekend get aways in Virginia so they don't get many votes. And personally I like the small, island cove type beaches surrounded by jungle covered cliffs you find in Thailand much more than any of the beaches I've been to in Florida.

It is a web poll on American site, and Americans are the biggest users of it. That's not a conspiracy that's just how it is. I'm American not British, and I've been to Florida before. That list is mainly places Americans go on vacation because those are the biggest users of the site. If you type in worlds best beaches, you do get some in Florida and Hawaii, because they are nice, but you also get places in Australia (which I think is the best in the world), South America, Indonesia, and the South Pacific, all of which were completely absent from the list because not many Americans go there compared to Caribbean resorts or weekend get aways in Virginia so they don't get many votes. And personally I like the small, island cove type beaches surrounded by jungle covered cliffs you find in Thailand much more than any of the beaches I've been to in Florida.

I am in the process of figuring out what beach I want to go too this month Ralay is crowded and its high season. I was thinking Koh Kood but just getting there from my home in Bkk is a nightmare. If you do not catch that 11am speed boat you are screwed. It sucks living here during high season.