Help Needed : Church In Pattaya

Kom

I am posting this on behalf of my best friend. He will be in Pattaya in January next year for about ten days. During his stay, he will need to go to a church on Sunday. It is much appreciated if you could help by providing the address (and possibly, the telephone number) of any Roman Catholic churches in Pattaya. Thanks in advance.

Try  here,

St. Nikolaus  Catholic  Church

Sukhumvit  Road

Westside

Tel: 038 4222901

Masses  (Eng)  Saturday 6pm..........Sunday  8.30am  and  4pm.

(Got  this  out  of  one  of  the  free  local  mags ).

thaiflyer , what a excellent choice as St Nikolaus was the patient St of travelers

• 3 years later...

Resurecting this thread after 2 1/2 years. I have been at Mass in St Nickolaus church on 2 occassions in the last couple of years over many visits to Pattaya. Apart from an increasingly elastic conscience the problem I have is the difficulty of getting a bathbus on Pattaya Klang. Okay going there but on return down Pattaya Klang great difficulty. Last Christmas ended up walking down to Beach Road. Nice walk in a moderate climate but in Pattaya: Sweatsville.

On my next trip I will be staying in Jomtien. Is it feasible to get a regular bathbus up Thepprasit Road and another on Sukhumvit Road to the Church returning by the same method.? Any observations would be most welcome. :)

I am posting this on behalf of my best friend. He will be in Pattaya in January next year for about ten days. During his stay, he will need to go to a church on Sunday. It is much appreciated if you could help by providing the address (and possibly, the telephone number) of any Roman Catholic churches in Pattaya. Thanks in advance.

saint nicholas church,Sukhumvit road.145 kilometer post,near the traffic light of central pattaya...

the english mass start at 8 to 9am-4 to 5pm

• 6 months later...

Saint-Nikolaus Church in Pattaya is actually named after Sankt Niklaus von Flüe (1417-1487), a layman, the Patron of Switzerland.

It is not the same person as the better known Saint Nicholas of Myra (270-346), a bishop, Patron of the children, the sailors, Amsterdam, Russia, etc., who is supposed to bring toys and sweets to children in the Benelux countries and parts of Germany on 6th December.

In the States, Saint Nicholas of Myra was mixed up with the English Father Christmas to become Santa Claus.

If I understand well, also Anglican and Episcopal burials in Pattaya are organized in the (Roman Catholic) Saint-Nikolaus Church.

See: http://www.nikolauschurch.org/

Thanks to my lady friend having one of her sister's cars I can now turn up every Saturday for 6pm Mass while in Patts.

Maybe you can ,but why on earth would you want to . :D

Do you know what Irish Mother's were like? I do not want to be struck by lightning walking down the street. If I started praying for the sinners of Pattaya especially myself I would spend my entire holiday in the church. :)